Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Trip Report - Day 4 - Part 2 in the Vacation Planning forums; Magic Kingdom After woke up from our naps we decided to grab some dinner at the Food Court at ASMo before heading back over to DHS for Fantasmic. As we ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Unhappy Jenn's Trip Report - Day 4 - Part 2

Magic Kingdom

After woke up from our naps we decided to grab some dinner at the Food Court at ASMo before heading back over to DHS for Fantasmic. As we were sitting there I realized that Aaron would have so much more fun if we headed back to the Magic Kingdom to finish off the night instead of to DHS to sit for 2 hours waiting and then watching Fantasmic. So... in a wave of something totally not like me (I'm a planner)... we decided to hop in the car and head over to the MK instead.

This turned out to be a fantastic decision because we got to do two things Aaron hadn't done that day... one of which he'd not done before, ever.

We hopped over to Tomorrowland and did Buzz again (one of Aaron's favorites) and I finally got a score worth sharing (I usually end up with like 2300).

Then we headed over to the TTA and did one last nighttime ride on it (always love it at night).

Then it was time to hit the Tomorrowland Speedway... something Aaron had never done. I went in front of Bill and Aaron so I could grab shots as we drove along. Something MUCH easier than it sounds, especially at night, I might add.

Then we headed over to do the "Tea Cups" again... and Aaron went nuts... further proof that it's indeed his new favorite ride.

We then made our way over to ride Pooh, something we hadn't had the chance to do Monday, and one of Aaron's favorites. When we got off we realized it was just about time for Wishes to start (8:56pm). So, instead of making our way over to Main Street, since we caught the show Monday, we decided to let Aaron play a bit in Pooh's Playful Spot some more. He was the ONLY kid there. Fantasyland was practically empty which was fantastic.

While here, we learned that this spot is a great new point of view for Wishes. The larger fireworks are shot off from behind the park so standing here you had them to one side and the smaller shots from the castle to the other. Neat experience!!

Once Wishes was over, it was time to make our way out. We stopped at the little benches between the castle and Tomorrowland and I grabbed a few night shots of the castle and played a bit with shutter speeds looking toward Tomorrowland.

Then, it was sadly time to go. We took a leisurely stroll down Main Street and headed to the walkway to the Contemporary (where we had parked again because dear LORD it saves you the crowds and insanity when the park closes). This was unfortunately the end of our trip. We waved a sad good-bye as the green monorail once again passed overhead and made our way out. This was easily the best trip we've ever had. Monday and Tuesday went so well and between the Dream Fast Passes and the last minute decision to head back to the MK, Wednesday was just perfect as well.

Good-Bye Mickey!! See You Real Soon!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Very nice! Glad you had a great time Jenn! Hopefully I can get a score on Buzz Lightyear that no one would laugh at. I gotta try riding the TTA at night next time.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House

Thumbs up

Wow! I just finished reading all of your trip reports. Well done! Out of my 36 years of frequent trips to WDW, I've never written a trip report. I must be lazy - I just try to answer people's individual questions.

Some observations from your report: I fully agree with you regarding the wand and SSE. I was so happy when that went away. Now if they could only get rid of that obnoxious hat in DHS . . .

Parking at the CR for an MK visit: You're fortunate that the guard allowed you to do that on your second trip there. During busier times, they won't let you in the gate without confirming your dinner reservation.

Chef Mickey's: This is one character meal that has gone down in all areas except the price. In the early years of Chef Mickey's in this location, there seemed to be more character interaction with less confusion. The buffet is not of the same quality as it once was and the price has gone up considerably in the past few years. The cupcake decorating station that they once had was a lot of fun for the kids and is missed. I think that if Aaron wants more time with Mickey, you might want to consider the AK breakfast at Tusker House. We haven't been since it moved from Breakfastasaurus, but our kids loved that meal. The characters and their handlers were always a lot of fun there.

Fantasyland: I'm so happy you learned the secret to a successful trip to Fantasyland. When our kids were younger, we always went to EE at the MK and arrived before the 7:30 opening and made a mad dash to Dumbo. We found that you could get through all of Fantasyland before the park opened to everyone else. Then, we would head to TL and begin our day in the rest of the park.

Judges Tent: If you want to find the shortest waits here, go during the 3 o'clock parade. It's usually deserted.

Things to do with Aaron in Epcot: Have you gone through the exit of Test Track with him? Many kids (including my DS) love playing in the new cars as well as looking at all the toy vehicles for sale in the store. Also, DD says that Japan has the best Kidcot station in the World Showcase. Take the boat over to Morocco; it's not too far a walk from there.

AK and DHS: I completely agree with you about AK. We rarely go there, maybe once out of every 5 trips and never for more than half a day. That park was very poorly planned - the walkways are too narrow, there aren't enough water fountains or benches and the landscaping is so dense a breeze can barely get through! As for DHS, it's no longer as good as it once was because they got away from the original concept: behind the scenes of making movies. So many attractions have been removed with nothing to take their place. I'm hoping that Toy Story Mania turns out to be a good family ride since there are few of those attractions in DHS.

I'm glad you had such a great trip! We are going again near the end of June for DS's 14th birthday. I will try to get someone to let me back by the mural in the Expo Hall so I can get some photos for you. Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed trip report!

Last edited by wdw4us2; 05-10-2008 at 03:40 PM.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Thanks for the feedback Lisa! We have done the exit of Test Track with Aaron in the past and I totally forgot about it this trip. It was usually while my step-son and I were riding it and DH was back there with Aaron. The day was so full though I don't feel like we missed anything. Unfortunately he's still a litttttttle too young to do the Kidcot stops. He is 25 months and alllll boy so he'd have more fun being a mess and screaming and not being still, than doing whatever is at the stop. LOL!!

I couldn't agree more with you about DHS. When it was all about "behind the scenes" it was much better... I think the appeal of Universal's thrill rides changed their plans honestly. Shame really.

As for parking at the Contemporary... it was certainly a dead time of year. Plus, I think there is a LOT of extra parking available with the third wing being demolished and the new tower not yet finished. The first gaurd was really polite (when we actually had ADRs) and joked with us about wanting to park there at 2:00 for dinner at 5:00. The second gaurd asked us for a lot of specifics... that luckily I had answers to since we had been there two days prior. LOL!! Not something I'd do every trip because I'm really not one to find ways around the norm typically but after a long vacation and a last minute decision to hit MK just for the night, it was a blessing.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome report and photos! Thanks for sharing, though it makes me wanna go back really bad right now!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Glad you all had a wonderfull trip Jenn!! Thanks for sharing and having such great photos
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Great pics Jenn!! Glad you had a good trip and Aaron had a fun time. It's such a depressing feeling when you walk down Main St. for the last time.

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Excellent report Jenn. The pictures are excellent!!!

Could you please tell me what kind of camera you used to take the pictures?

Thanks and I'm glad you had an excellent trip!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    Could you please tell me what kind of camera you used to take the pictures?
    Thanks so much for the compliment! The camera I use is a Canon PC1192/S3-IS and to be honest I'm still very much a newbie with it. I got it about a year ago and love it! It has so much more potential than my ability though. LOL!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    This was such a good trip report and all the photos were awesome. Looks like your family had a grand time and got to do some neat stuff.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

For anyone interested I posted a little over 100 pictures over at Aaron's website yesterday from the trip...

My Photos

DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful vacation with us!! Everytime I read another trip report it gets me that much more excited for my own trip next year.

Love your pictures!!
    DTSZ

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Thanks so much for the compliment! The camera I use is a Canon PC1192/S3-IS and to be honest I'm still very much a newbie with it. I got it about a year ago and love it! It has so much more potential than my ability though. LOL!!
    You are more than welcome. I'm the same way with my Sony Cybershot H2 that I got last year. Love the "2 in 1" feature. I can take both video and pictures. It makes it so I only need to carry one camera around since Belle doesn't want to carry anything. ;-)
    Last edited by WDWtraveler46; 05-14-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great pictures and report. I enjoyed reading all of them.

To be honest I (and DH) weren't all that thrilled with AK when we went for the first time 5 years ago. We are going this time because DD loves animals. I'm pretty sure that AK and HS (got to get used to that as it was MGM when I was there last so it will always be that to me) will be the two parks we spend the least amount of times in.

We opted to go for the FDP so we didn't have to stand in a line forever with two children.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Jenn, I loved reading every minute of your report! Awesome job and I'm so happy for you for winning the dream fast passes! We won them back in December and they were totally one of the highlight of our trip too! So glad you all had fun and had the opportunity to try many new things!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney