Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Way overdue April post trip report in the Vacation Planning forums; We went 4/15 thru 4/21. I know, but it's better late than never. I will be brief. If you read any thing read the last line. Tip for those planning ...
    LAroy is offline A-Ticket holder

Way overdue April post trip report

We went 4/15 thru 4/21.

I know, but it's better late than never.

I will be brief. If you read any thing read the last line.

Tip for those planning to go: do it, but be prepared when you go and when you get there. Have a good idea of what you want to do and know what day you will be using for each park.

We tried to do this on a very tight budget so we went with basic tickets to save a few bucks. We did spring for the dining plan and it worked well for us. But so much food!!! OYY!!!

We used Magical express and it worked without a hitch. No luggage problems no wait at the airport, very efficient and nice. We flew in on a teusday and saved a few hundred on airfare. No lines at the airport either. No lines for check in and our room was ready when we arrived at 1:00 in the afternoon.

We were able to visit each park and our goal was to ride with a back up to see a parade or show when it was convienient. We did mostly rides, with no real waits thanks to FASTPASS. USE IT!!

Top of the list for us:
    1. Mickeys philharmagic
    2. All the mountains in MK
    3. Soarin (we aslo spent alot of time in worldshow case to actually explore the countries, nice!)
    3. Expedition everest
    4. Rock and roll roller coaster
    5. Tower of terror
    6. Great movie ride.

Ones we would skip:
    1. Hall of presidents
    2. Mission space, green or orange. A real let down for some reason.
    3. Maelstrom
    4. Backlot tour

Not much on the skip list

Food:
    OY!!
    Dining plan was great for us. Not sure if it saved us much money but we ate good.
    1. Coral reef, nice place but we were in the last tier, food was good though
    2. Crystal palace, Nice setting but the food was not that good. I wouldn't reccommend it.
    3. 50's prime time, Not impressed. The servers did not interact the way we expected them to. None of them did till dessert came and they did the vegetable thing. Food was just okay so I would not go back there either.
    4. HOOP-DEE-DOO, We love this show and the food was excelllent. We sat in Category three seats in the balcony and actually liked them better than the Cat. one seats we had last time.
    5. Yak and Yeti. The greatest place of all. Go if you can.
    6. Food court at POP, nice.

Overall a great trip for all. We will probably return in another 5-6 years.
    Tips: Plan but don't overdo it. Some people really treated it as a mission instead of a vacation.
    Best tip GET TO THE PARK AND LET THE MAGIC HAPPEN. At times we rushed around a bit to much just to get that fastpass or get to a ride and we bypassed some things.
    SAVE MONEY. We saved change for a year, recylced aluminum cans etc and saved over $600.00 that we earmarked for spending money in the parks. We have 13 year old that we knew would want to shop and I am usually a tightwad so I wanted this trip to be special so I did the dining plan so it didn't feel like I was constantly doling out 3 bucks for an icecream and I still had the cash for that $50 sweatshirt she just had to have.
    Skip park hopper if you feel you can, it saves a few bucks
    Do the dining plan. Even with the gratuity, I feel we came out ahead. I only tipped 10-15% not the reccommended 18-20%.

So much for being brief.

Disney world is pure magic, get in the park and let it happen!!!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great budgeting plans and restaurant reviews-sometimes the "image" overrides the quality. My SIL did the recycling and picked up pecans to take her family the first time- she saved up for 19 months and did a moderate resort, with DDP and had plenty of spending cash left for shopping. Her boys did odd jobs to earn Disney Dollars for the trip. They have plenty of money, but she wanted the boys to learn a life lesson about planning, saving and working toward a goal, as well as creative finance-how to have a holiday w/o spending you regular budget. The boys are now working for a vacation to another part of the US. They will enjoy your tips.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Our 13 year old did pitch in her pennies to help.

And I had her help count the money to see how it added up. Now we have the jar in our kitchen all the time. Saving now for a planned trip to Ireland in 2011. (the year our mortgage is paid off!!)

As a side note I just traded in our aluminium cans today for .75 cents/lb and got 15.00. We save ours, my mothers, my sisters, and I get them from work so it does add up. Already there is over $50.00 in the jar, and with the economy in the state it's in for us that is pretty good.

Rob

Rob-

Stop out at the store someday with your pictures so I can see them.

Glad you had fun! I only missed ya by a week.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Actually I was out there today.

I'll be out there quite a bit since I am building a camp on some property I have on the Caledonia Pike.

I have a few good pictures. My favorite is me and Goofy. I really connect with that fella!