Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Quick Anniversary Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Day One Don’t you just love days that start off before 4 a.m.? Well, I normally don’t but I’m going to WDW! I was very surprised that we didn’t wake ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Quick Anniversary Trip

Day One
    Don’t you just love days that start off before 4 a.m.? Well, I normally don’t but I’m going to WDW! I was very surprised that we didn’t wake up any of the kids. It was very peaceful watching them sleep. We drove out to the airport with no problems and checked in. It was right at the security checkpoint that DH decides he may have some liquids in his carryon. So he puts everything in the quart bag and we go on in. His sunscreen was more than 3 oz so it got to stay. Oh well, only one small thing.
    No problems on the flight really. Too turbulent to get any caffeine so that would have to wait until we got to Dallas. DH liked the Skylink. He was all ready to leave the security area to change terminals. I didn’t realize he hasn’t been through the airport in such a long time. We made it to Orlando with very little problems. We got to watch “27 Dresses” which I hadn’t seen it. I enjoyed it.

So off we go to pick up our luggage. As we are waiting around, I sure was missing Magical Express. That was so much easier just to get in one line and wait for a bus. But I digress a bit. We watch other people getting their luggage and leaving. And leaving, and leaving. Soon it was just us and some guy from Hong Kong so off we go to the baggage claim area. So when it is our turn, we were a bit surprised to find they had no record of it. NO RECORD OF LUGGAGE EXISITING. Anyone seeing a problem with that? So we give the lady the address of our hotel. It isn’t on the list. No where. So she calls the hotel and gets a full voice box. This isn’t good.
    Another flight from Dallas would be coming in 25 minutes (one comes about every 45) so we decide to go get the car while we wait. We patiently wait our turn. At this point, I wasn’t overly surprised that our name wasn’t in the computer. I’m really thinking that Magical Express is SO MUCH better. But the agent was wonderful. She called the hotel and actually got a person. It took over 30 minutes to straighten everything out because they had us returning to Ft. Lauderdale. Never a part of the plan so I have no idea where this came from! I sure wasn’t looking forward to this experience with sales people wanting me to buy into this fabulous experience so far.
    Finally we get a car but there is no luggage whatsoever. We head off to the parking garage to pick out a car. Now I believe , if you are renting a car, you probably need to be able to remember it easily. So we walk by several that would stand out and one that I would have picked out but DH wanted to look at them all. Not a good idea with 20 other people looking for something. So I finally make him pick out a bright red Chevy HHR or HRR or whatever- looks similar to a PT Cruiser. I figure we could find a big red one. Too many white cars around there anyway.
    At this point it is about 1 p.m. and I have been up a long time and I need food. So off we go toward International Drive where we will be staying and find something to eat. It was good and quick. But now it is time to check in. I am thinking that this won’t go smoothly. But it goes smoothly other than when DH was on the phone to the airline and talking into my ear while the receptionist was talking to me.

The place was really nice. Very clean and very spacious- enough room for all of our family plus a washer and dryer. Not that we would need that but it was nice to see.

Finally though, we got to head to DHS! I was so ready be at the parks and listen to the music. No problems , no waiting. We walk up and Indiana Jones had just started so we watch it before heading off to Star Tours. Then off to the Muppets. DH is really liking the fact there are no lines. “Maybe it would be a good idea to take the kids out of school.” Yes it would but anyway… he always changes his mind. It was great to be able to hear the background music and just relax.
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']We ride the Great Movie Ride, Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. As we make our way back toward 50s for dinner, we shop around. I find a great present for Tracy that I hope she will enjoy and I bought some clothing in case the airline does not find our things. We were a bit early for dinner but they got us in fairly quick. Since it had been an extremely long day, we went back to the hotel. I was surprised how easy it was to get back to the hotel. That was at least a plus after such a long day.
    Last edited by SnwhtNdwrfs; 05-20-2008 at 09:55 PM.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I can't wait til you get to the part where you found my present!!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Day Two

A little background may be needed to truly understand this day. My mom has a time share and she received a “get two nights free” if you listen to a spiel. She gave it to us to use for anniversary. Hey- not bad- free hotel and we can say no. We meet the guy, Bob, and sit down. We are totally ready to say now. Sounds good. Places are nice. We are getting tired and I just want to hear how much. First price is a no go and we are ready to say- nope but thanks! Then they come back with the second one and it was beyond reasonable. It will pay for itself after three Disney trips for our family. So that means I can go more often!!! And DH is happy because it means he can go other places too. So by 11 o’clock were signed all the papers and were on our way to Epcot.
    Lunch was a Sunshine Seasons after we got our Soarin’ FP. We have time so we do everything at the Land, Imagination, and The Seas before our FP time. I texted Jeanne and she was working and we were going to be able to say Hello really quick. She was working hard! By the time we did all of that, I wanted a snack so we went off to France for some chocolate mousse. We walked around Morocco and Japan then back to England because DH loves to watch the street players there. They were horrible as usual but such fun. We then go back to Japan because I was waiting for some packages and off to the American Adventure. We had plenty of time before Voice of Liberty so we went in and sat. A little bit later, the CM asked if we would like to be the First Family! Cool. Our first Magical Moment. It turned out that the CM was from the area in Texas we are from and we chatted a long time. It was so cool!

If you don’t know- they pick a family and they get to go upstairs and sit in special chairs to see the Voices of Liberty. Then they are allowed into the auditorium early and can pick where ever they want. They introduce you right before the show. Pretty cool.
    Time for Dinner at Rose and Crown. We take it very easy and try several dishes that we wouldn’t with the kids. We were right on the water so we got some great pictures.

Last edited by SnwhtNdwrfs; 05-29-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Not sure why that posted twice.

I found your present but I am not going to tell you when or where until you receive it. And I sent it with delivery confirmation so we can track that thing down in case the USPS messes up your mail again.

That last picture was a scrawny little thing that gave me various ideas of what to buy Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Not sure why that posted twice.
    Torment?
    Amanda

You may like this squirrel. He had good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    You may like this squirrel. He had good ideas.
    So...was this a psychic squirrel or did he pantomime or was he literate?
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    So...was this a psychic squirrel or did he pantomime or was he literate?

All of these above. He was a Disney squirrel. He can do magic.

I bet that's what Gae sent her. A magic squirrel.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome report so far, and excellent pics! Makes me wanna go right now...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Hmmmm...I feel like I've heard all of this before. Oh wait, I have!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great report so far Gae. Sorry the first day was a little rocky but I'm glad the second day was great! Can't wait to see more
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Loving the TR Gae! Magic squirrel

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast