Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss LordQx4's Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Pre-Trip Thread: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-vacation.html Hello All. This is my day by day report on what my girlfriend and I did at each park on each day we were at WDW. Enjoy. ...
    LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

LordQx4's Trip Report

Pre-Trip Thread: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-vacation.html

Hello All. This is my day by day report on what my girlfriend and I did at each park on each day we were at WDW. Enjoy.

Day 1 - Arrival
    On the first day of our actual vacation we woke up at 5am in our own home and got ready to head to the airport in Newark, NJ. We were ready in less than an hour and our ride was there to pick us up at a little after 6. We made it to the airport with a little less than 2 hours till our flight. We checked in our baggage (which felt good because we didnít have to see again till it showed up in our hotel room) and went to get some breakfast.

Our plane left Newark for Orlando at 8:30am. The flight was good and easy, no bumps, no problems, clear sailing. I donít particularly like flying, so this flight was good one. We landed in Orlando at 11:30 and were on the DME by noon. The ride to the hotel was great, the driver really did a good job in entertaining the kids and playing around with the intercom, and making jokes. It was a really enjoyable 25 minutes to the resort.

Once we got to our resort, the POFQ, we checked in and our room wasnít ready. I anticipated this since we got there before 1pm, I didnít expect my room to be ready. Since I planned for this, I packed my swimming trunks and my girlfriendís bathing suit in my carry on. We made a quick change, and headed for Typhoon Lagoon.

The bus arrived to Typhoon Lagoon within minutes of us waiting at the stop and we were on our way. At Typhoon Lagoon we just spent our time in the Wave Pool. My girlfriend and I love just hanging out in the water and getting pushed back by the large waves.

After about 2 hours in the wave pool we jumped on some tubes and relaxed on the lazy river and took a whole ride around the park. Once we got back to our starting point I called the hotel and our room was ready.
    We went back to the hotel, rested, showered, changed, and went to our dinner reservations at the Garden Grill.

Once we got to the Garden Grill we waited about 10 minutes for our table and were able to be seated. The restaurant was decent; I liked the seclusion of the booths and the scenery when rotating. The food was good and it was enjoyable. I think this place was something I could do once but probably won't make reservations for it again.

Since my girlfriend and I really love the World Showcase, we decided to take a walk around it for a while, we didnít go into any stores or anything because we would be back the next day to enjoy the attractions, stores, and everything else.
    After walking around, we decided to leave before Illuminations as we were up early and getting tired. We avoided the long wait for a bus and got back to the hotel and fell asleep almost instantly.

Day 2 - Epcot

We awoke at 6am to get breakfast and drink coffee before starting our day. We headed down to the food court at our hotel and had some Mickey Waffles and Sausage. I love starting my day with a Mickey Waffle and coffee. To me the Waffle is the best thing the resort has to offer other then the Beignets.
    After breakfast we made our way to the bus stop a little early, which helped us avoid a crowded bus. After our quick ride to Epcot we made our way through and hit Club Cool. I have never tried the different sodas and read so much about on here that I had to make it a priority. I enjoyed most of the flavors except the dreaded Beverly. That taste must have stayed in my mouth for a good half hour after only one sip.

Once we finished there and our shoes were all sticky. We went over to World Showcase and made our way around the world. We started in Mexico and walked around to Canada. We visited each spot and stopped to check out stores and anything else that caught our eye.
    Along the way we met Aurora in France, Alice and Mary Poppins in the UK, took pictures of the Topiaries whenever we came across one, and watched the world showcase players. We saw the chair balancing act in France, The King Arthur play in the UK, and Drummers in China.

On our tour of the World we stopped in Japan for our lunch reservations at Tappan Edo. We enjoyed the Japanese Hibachi style food, as always. We have eaten at other Japanese Hibachi places but wanted to try it Disney Style. The Chef was excellent and made the show enjoyable. The one thing that I really liked is how he made a tri-circle Mickey from the onions and made other Disney references.

After lunch we stayed in Japan for a while and stopped at the Saki bar for some Saki. My girlfriend enjoyed the sweet Saki while I liked the Medium Dry one. After our stop to try some new Saki we continued our way around the world.
    After leaving Japan we made our way (very slowly) around and stopped for Dinner at the UK. We had reservations for the Rose and Crown. This is one of the restaurants that I couldnít wait to try, simply because I am a huge Guinness fan. I don't drink Guinness on a regular basis and savor the nice taste of a perfectly poured Guinness, when it is the correct temperature.

For Dinner I started with the Samosas, which were really good. My girlfriend had the Mixed Greens Salad which she really enjoyed. Then our Entrees were the Pork Loin, which was really good. I think I finished the Entree in less than 10 minutes. My girlfriend has the Steak and Fish which she enjoyed as well. For dessert I had the Toffee Pudding which is definitely worth going back just for that, and my girlfriend had the Vanilla Custard.

After Dinner we finished the World Showcase and checked out Innovations before heading back to the resort. Once we got back to the resort we relaxed and did a bit of night swimming. After we got back into the room the proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes.

I wanted to propose in a nice Disney fashion but couldnít stomach leaving the ring in the room for another day without it being watched. I am a little crazy about that I know. I also decided to do it in the privacy of the hotel as both of us donít really like being the center of attention.

Day 3 - DHS\MK

The next day we went to DHS in the morning before going to the MK for the Pirate and Princess party. We didnít spend much time in DHS and ended up just meeting some characters, getting pictures, and riding the ToT and Rock and Roller Coaster. After all that we had a late lunch due to being late for our reservations at the Sci Fi Dine In.

The Sci Fi Dine In was excellent. I am sure most people will not find the food "Out of this world" and comparable to Diner food, but the setting and movie screen are worth the wait and worth going to again. I had The Spinach and Artichoke Dip, The Reuben Sandwich and a Cherry coke which was excellent. My girlfriend had Mixed Greens, The Smoked Turkey Sandwich, and a Milk Shake. Neither of us had dessert cause we were REALLY FULL.

Since we had a late lunch we had to cancel our dinner reservations at the Brown Derby because it was for 2 hours later (we ended lunch at around 3pm - 330 and dinner was for 5). I really wanted to try the Brown Derby because people at work said it was one of the best restaurants in the whole park. I am going to make this a top priority next time I go (hopefully Jan 09).
    After Lunch we went back to the hotel to rest up, because in a few hours we would be at the MK for the rest of the night.

Once we woke up from a nap we went over to the Magic Kingdom and took part in the Pirate and Princess Party. The extra money we spent for tickets to the party was well worth it. The decorations, banner, red carpet, pirate cast members, parade, and fireworks were phenomenal. I think the fireworks alone were worth the extra money. I really enjoy Wishes at the MK and this fireworks display rivals that. The parade was great, seeing all the princesses on floats and see Jack Sparrow on a large boat.

The only problem I had with the parade is that when I called to purchase the tickets (I called months in advance for the tickets) I was told that the crowds are really low and there is no problem to get a spot for the parade. The crowd was considerably less which allowed easy access and walk-ons to rides, but for the parade and fireworks display it is just as bad as any other parade in the MK.
    After the fireworks we just strolled around the park and ended up leaving early (11pm) to get back to the hotel for some swimming and a drink, then bed.

Day 4 - AK

We woke up extra early on the Animal Kingdom Day because we had breakfast reservations at the Tusker House and because we have never been to this park. This is a great park, and like Lou said in his podcast can easily take 2 days to do. If you are like me, then just walking around a viewing the plants, buildings, Animals, etc can take up a lot of your time. This park has so much detail and a lot is probably over looked by a lot of guests. I could spend a whole day at the Oasis and just walking the side trails. That being said, on to breakfast...
    This is (so far) the best character breakfast I have had. I been to the Crystal Palace and really didnít care for what they had there. The Sweet\Spicy\ethnic stuff they had here was really good. I enjoyed all of it, even though I donít really remember what I ate, because I just piled stuff on the plate. The other thing I liked about this breakfast was the little show the characters put on with the maraca type instruments, and the music. I liked it better then the simple parade at the Crystal Palace.

After breakfast, the park had just opened so we walked over to Expedition Everest and probably could have made it there a lot sooner if it wasnít for me stopping to look at everything. Since this was my first time in the park I wanted to take everything in. Once at Everest we had about a 15 minutes wait, which wasnít bad, because all the stuff in the queue is great to look at (the big cat statue and the well thing full of money). I rang every bell I could get my hands on (which probably annoyed some guests).

After Everest, we went over to Khali River Rapids which had no wait at all and was a nice ride, especially since I got to keep my feet dry (the rest of me was soaked though). After that we walked all the way back to Kilamanjaro Safari, which was my favorite ride of the day. I enjoyed looking at all the animals and listening to the guide explains little things about what we saw. The Lions weren't really in view, but we could see a tail of one and see the back of another lying down, but we saw everything else. The giraffe was probably what I liked most.

After Kilamanjaro we headed over to see the Nemo show and since we arrived 45 minutes in advance we had good seats, but I didnít really care for the show. My girlfriend loved it but I found it a bit annoying. The effects were pretty cool and the puppets were ok, but the music didnít really sit well with me. I thought the way the original movie was done was fine; I didnít like it as a musical.
    Once Nemo was over we headed over to Dinosaur which had the longest wait at about 25 minutes. I really liked this ride as well, the dinosaurs in the actual ride looked really well done and story wasnít so bad either, a little unbelievable, but enjoyable none the less. After the ride we walked to Triceratop Spin, which had no wait, and rode that. Which was an ok ride.
    Since this park closes early and I spent a lot of time looking at animals and walking allow this is all we really had time to do. Next time I go to Disney World (Jan 09?) I plan to dedicate more time to this park and try to see everything I missed. Because this park closes early, I made reservations for the
    Coral Reef restaurant, so itís back to Epcot.

The Coral Reef restaurant is one of our favorites. We have eaten there the last 2 or 3 times we have been to Disney and love it. I love the aquarium setting and the food is good to. I had the Creamy Lobster Soup, Alaskan King Crab Legs, and the Baileys and Jack Daniel's Mousse. My girlfriend had the Crab Legs as well, Mixed Greens, and the Key lime tart.

After Dinner we went back to the hotel to get some sleep.

Day 5 - MK

We woke early again because I wanted to make sure we made the opening ceremony at MK. We had a relaxing breakfast (Mickey Waffles) and a few cups of coffee and then headed out to the MK. Once there we hung out in front of the train Main St Train station and waited for the show to start.

The show was really good as usual and then the doors were opened. We went in and went straight for Space Mountain which is always a favorite and won Mickey Ears! Then we did some shopping. We got some T-shirts, a sweatshirt, and some other odds and ends. After the shopping and walking around we had reservations for lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern so we headed over.
    Lunch was nothing special I had a crab cake, burger, Three Chocolate Brownie and a coke. My fiancť had The Tri Corner sandwich, Crab Cake, and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. The food was good but the place really didnít do anything for me and will probably not make it a must do.

After lunch we went on the Haunted Mansion and then to Toon Town and waited in line (30 minutes) to meet he princesses. We met Belle, Aurora (again), and Snow White again (we met her at DHS earlier in the trip).
    After that we went over to Adventure land and did Pirates of the Caribbean and then to Frontier land to do Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. We rode the Mountain rides at MK at least 3 times that day cause lines were so short (15-20 minutes for the wait).

Sometime during all the excitement, we had dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. I think I hyped this dinner up and expected a little more. It started with meeting Cinderella and getting a picture which was great and then going up the elevator to the dining room. The dining room looked really nice but the food was alright. I expected the food to be a little better. The server we had was also not the best. My fiancť and I decided to skip dessert because we were full and he gave a loud sigh and bought it out any way (throwing it at us). We had a few bites of the dessert and left.

We spent the rest of the night just walking around and riding different rides as we passed. We decided to leave during spectro magic to beat the crowd out of the park and get a less crowded bus back to the hotel.

Day 6 - DHS\Nothing

We had nothing planned for the 6th day of our trip so we ended up back at DHS since we had to cut it short last time due to the pirate and princess party. This trip to the studios was even shorter than the last though.

We arrived at the studios a little after opening and started to walk the streets we met the characters that were currently around the sorcererís hat so we headed toward ToT again. On the way, we stopped at a DVC Kiosk. It was something my fiancť and I have talked about for a while (especially after a pod cast Lou had) and decided we wanted to know more. I won't bore you with the details, but we ended up buying a DVC membership making our home resort Saratoga Springs. We plan to revisit WDW and use the DVC for the first time in Jan.

After we left the DVC building (which took 3 hours cause I asked tons of questions to make sure this is what I wanted, it probably would have only been 90 minutes if I didnít ask so many questions). We went back to the hotel. We went swimming for a while and looked over our DVC stuff, then went to Downtown Disney for a while and bought some more stuff.
    We called it an early night and hung out at the hotel, had a drink or two, and went swimming.

Day 7 - Polynesian Dinner

This was our real last day in Disney and we planned to relax before our flight home. We did go to the MK one last time to look at the castle and ride a few rides one more time, but the main and only thing on our agenda was to go the Polynesian for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner.

The Dinner was absolutely great. It was the best food I had in the resort the entire time. The pineapple was the best I ever had, the ribs were superb and the chicken and rice were just as good. The show was ok, I didnít care for the beginning but after the dessert when the dancers came out and did some traditional stuff and the Fire juggler guy did his thing and when it became enjoyable. The end of the show was a better then the start. The food was great and I must go back to the Polynesian for this dinner.

Day 8 - Departure

We slept late our last day (9am) then got up, packed, ate breakfast, and got back on the DME to the Orland airport for our ride home. The ride to the airport was a sad ride, it denoted that our Disney vacation has come to end, but we will be back home (since we are DVC members now) soon enough.

Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sounds fun! Reading reports always makes me ready to go back!

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    It sounds like you two had a great time. Congratulations on your engagement!
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Congratulations! And I'm glad you all had a wonderfull time!!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Thanks. It was the best trip to Disney I have taken. I wanted to go back in July since we have the DVC points but the fiance decided January would be better! I dont know if I can wait that long, since I didnt want to leave in the first place.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Sounds like an awesome trip
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

flutter is offline Moderator
    great report. Congrats on the engagement, with those shirts I do find it hard to believe you don't like to be the center of attention though

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Congratulations on your engagement! You had quite a trip; engaged and buying a DVC.
    I, too, really like to start my day with a Mickey waffle. You certainly had a good number of early starts and long days, but a Mickey waffle must have served you well.
    We had an anniversary dinner at the Castle many years ago. We thought it quaint, but the food not very spectacular for royal dining.
    I love riding the tubes around the water park. The wave pool is another favorite. I'm not much into heights, so I pass on the water slides.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

peanut is offline NOOTS!
    Thanks for the excellent trip report, and congratulations on your engagement!

Thanks to all

Thank you all for the congrats. Its funny someone (Flutter) commented on my shirts. I wore then to try and get the attention of the Citizens of Hollywood, but since I didnt spend much time in DHS, it didn't work. Usually I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. lol.

The "loud" hawaiin shirts though, I think will be incorporated into my vacation attire, and only worn on vacation.

Mini-V, the Mickey Waffles were a must for me. They are simply the best.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You guys had a great trip and congrats on the engagement. cannot wait to see/read more. (you have the photos to play the "show me a photo"game)
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom - Thanks for the congrats.
    Thanks all for your feedback, responses, etc. I enjoyed reading them.

Since I became a DVC member and have points to use I decided to go back to WDW from August 24th - 29th and staying at Old Key West. This time my fiance and I will be making a road trip out of it and will be driving from NJ. Now maybe I can go back and finish exploring Animal Kingdom. I also hope to spend more time in DHS since we cut it short twice last time. I will be wearing my loud shirts, giving Epcot people High 5's, and trying to interact with the Citizens of Hollywood.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQx4 View Post
    Keasmom - Thanks for the congrats.
    Thanks all for your feedback, responses, etc. I enjoyed reading them.

Since I became a DVC member and have points to use I decided to go back to WDW from August 24th - 29th and staying at Old Key West. This time my fiance and I will be making a road trip out of it and will be driving from NJ. Now maybe I can go back and finish exploring Animal Kingdom. I also hope to spend more time in DHS since we cut it short twice last time. I will be wearing my loud shirts, giving Epcot people High 5's, and trying to interact with the Citizens of Hollywood.
    Phewy! I was hoping to meet you in August, but there is a good chance I'll be visiting family in MN while you are in FL. Next time.
    I keep looking at those Mickey waffle makers in the stores, but I just think they are over-priced. Maybe one day I will find a way to afford one so I can have Mickey with me for breakfast on a regular basis.
    Last edited by mini-V; 06-06-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

It would have been nice to meet you at the world. Last time I wore the DWT Lanyards hoping to meet some people from the boards. Oh well, maybe next time. I too have been pricing the Mickey Waffle Irons. I found one for $40 at Target.com That is the only place I have really checked so far though.

Well I hope you have fun in MN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast