Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DD's Commando Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; You should've boughten one of those hats for the next time the bird poops on your head. Great report!!...
    You should've boughten one of those hats for the next time the bird poops on your head.

Great report!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Meg!!! I nearly peed my pants giggling about what almost happened to yours!!!
    And the bird? *gasp* You are so a stronger woman than I. I would have packed it in right then and just curled up in a ball and cried.

I agree with Tink- you look fabulous!!! Share some secrets please!!!
    And bless you for going through all that worry and congrats on coming out cancer free!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Meg!!! I nearly peed my pants giggling about what almost happened to yours!!!
    And the bird? *gasp* You are so a stronger woman than I. I would have packed it in right then and just curled up in a ball and cried.

I agree with Tink- you look fabulous!!! Share some secrets please!!!
    And bless you for going through all that worry and congrats on coming out cancer free!

I think i am immune to anything gross relating to animals...in my academic career I have had to: disect sheep brains, remove rat ovaries and livers, clean out the stomach contents of a cow by hand via a hole in its side, deliver countless baby horses (a messy endevour indeed), and collect literally tons of cow manure....what I have learned over the years is that it pretty much all comes out in the wash (well except the baby horse stuff.. that junk stains)

I had hit and killed a buzzard in my work truck a couple days ago (mostly on accident) so the way I see it i had a little avian karma to work out any way
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    (mostly on accident)

You know, until I started reading this trip report, I had no idea you were this funny! You really need to write more!

That aside, great report. Wow... three parks (and then some) in a day. You do get around! I do that too sometimes, although I like to call it having an "Anywhere in Disney Day" (or appropriately abbreviated... ADD).

By the way, without getting into a whole lot of detail that will possibly make me regret asking this, but what do you do with a degree in Equine Science? I get the same question though when I tell people I have a degree in Aeronautical Science. I get the head tilt to one side, the squinty eyeball with 'the look', and then the question: "What do you do with... with, this arrow-nawk-kickle science?" To which I usually just flap my arms like wings at my side and tell them "I fly airplanes." So do you raise horses? Are you like a horse breeder? A horse doctor? A horse whisperer? A hoarse throat after a bad head cold?

Forgive my naivety when it comes to horses. It's the same with many animals. I actually do like them... I just don't really study them. Too many other interests I guess, to really get into that one. And as for horses, I think they are powerful, majestic, beautiful animals, with a long and proud history that goes hand-in-hand with much of mankind's (I'm a lot more of a history buff than a horse one). I also know that my ex-gf used to ride horses, and I would occasionally go to watch her ride, and I picked up a few things from there, and from visiting the Tri-Circle D Farm over at Fort Wilderness in Disney. But that's about the extent of my horse-knowledge.

You know, I'm working on a book that, while fictional and set in a fantasy setting, I want it to be at least semi-believable and based at least loosely on historical fact. But it incorporates a lot of elements I'm not exactly an expert on in real life, such as sword combat, horses, and raptors (raptors meaning birds of prey... not the dinosaur kind) just to name a few. Nearly all the major characters I've created so far have horses, and in fact, my central character is the son of a horse breeder. But like I said, my horse knowledge is limited - with most of what I have learned about various breeds and such coming from Wikipedia, which is usually a reliable source, but then again, you know the internet. Could I perhaps use you as my consultant when I encounter questions of the horsey kind? Feel free to say "Nay" if you wish.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post

You know, until I started reading this trip report, I had no idea you were this funny! You really need to write more!

That aside, great report. Wow... three parks (and then some) in a day. You do get around! I do that too sometimes, although I like to call it having an "Anywhere in Disney Day" (or appropriately abbreviated... ADD).

By the way, without getting into a whole lot of detail that will possibly make me regret asking this, but what do you do with a degree in Equine Science? I get the same question though when I tell people I have a degree in Aeronautical Science. I get the head tilt to one side, the squinty eyeball with 'the look', and then the question: "What do you do with... with, this arrow-nawk-kickle science?" To which I usually just flap my arms like wings at my side and tell them "I fly airplanes." So do you raise horses? Are you like a horse breeder? A horse doctor? A horse whisperer? A hoarse throat after a bad head cold?

Forgive my naivety when it comes to horses. It's the same with many animals. I actually do like them... I just don't really study them. Too many other interests I guess, to really get into that one. And as for horses, I think they are powerful, majestic, beautiful animals, with a long and proud history that goes hand-in-hand with much of mankind's (I'm a lot more of a history buff than a horse one). I also know that my ex-gf used to ride horses, and I would occasionally go to watch her ride, and I picked up a few things from there, and from visiting the Tri-Circle D Farm over at Fort Wilderness in Disney. But that's about the extent of my horse-knowledge.

You know, I'm working on a book that, while fictional and set in a fantasy setting, I want it to be at least semi-believable and based at least loosely on historical fact. But it incorporates a lot of elements I'm not exactly an expert on in real life, such as sword combat, horses, and raptors (raptors meaning birds of prey... not the dinosaur kind) just to name a few. Nearly all the major characters I've created so far have horses, and in fact, my central character is the son of a horse breeder. But like I said, my horse knowledge is limited - with most of what I have learned about various breeds and such coming from Wikipedia, which is usually a reliable source, but then again, you know the internet. Could I perhaps use you as my consultant when I encounter questions of the horsey kind? Feel free to say "Nay" if you wish.

I try to keep funny Meg on the DL...she gets me in trouble

What does one do with a degree in eq sci...a very good question...I wish I had a more exciting answer. I work for the University of Florida's youth development program. Basically I write curriculum and put on programs using animals to teach kids life skills (like responsibility, financial mngmt, confidence). I also have an MS in animal nutrition and would really like to get back into hard science ( I miss my lab coat). I am really intereasted in rumen microbiology and toxicology....will hopefully do a phd once i finally pay off my first two degrees...what one does with a phd in animal science is, however, another big question

I would be happy to be your book consultant...although I think it would be a lot cooler if there were dino-raptors

There is a woman in Lake County who runs a huge museum on the social history of the horse. PM if you'd like and I can give you more info - It is a really neat place and may help your research

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    For those of you who dont know meI am big into horses. I have been riding competitively since I was in training pants and feel about horse racing the way most people do about football or baseball or nascar or their mothers. Saturday was the Belmont Stakes, a grade 1 stakes race and the last jewel in the Triple Crown. Being a sweet young thing I have never seen a Triple Crown winner in my lifetime (last horse was Affirmed in 1978 Im an 81 model). I put myself through college breezing (exercising) race horses and currently live in Ocala , Fl, the horseracing capital of the world. Grumpy and I both hold B.Ss in Equine Science so missing the race was simply not an option for us, Disney or no Disney. We decided to watch at the ESPN club at the Boardwalk but wanted to ride Spaceship Earth first.

So the race was a huge disappointment and if you will bear with me for a tiny little non-disney rant; totally, blatantly, fixed. The 1-4 fave, a horse who gave me chills during his last two wins, finishes dead last? After his only competition was scratched? Someone paid the jockey to lose, or threatened him if he won. The jock intentionally bump drafted BB twice out of the gait- not a rookie mistake and a surefire way to make an aggressive horse really ticked. He still managed to get him in the sweet spot (3rd on the outside) but when the front runners made their move he went to the whip exactly twice then pulled him up. The current climate (Eight Bells death in the derby and Barbaros break in the Preakness) have set the stage for the public to not investigate a jockey pulling up his still fresh horse as long as he makes the claim that he did so to protect him. Shennanigans. If he thought the horse was off then why did he dismount and walk away without even glancing at his legs? Because the odds were so long on the rest of the field, if someone had the means to fix BB all they would have to do is place a moderate bet on every other horse and they would be guaranteed a substantial pay back. Im afraid when all of this comes to light it will be a black eye on the sport of racing, which needs a little PR work already as it is. Below is the before and after race shot of Grumpy.

Rant on my sista, rant on....... I was so totally in a "what the sam hill was that" during that race.... My husband just knew he was gonna win it. I was pulling for him, simply for the fact I wanted him to make history... He was second, then third most of the way... THENNNN, where the heck did he go? How in the world did he get all the way to the end of the line? I hope that if the jockey did get paid, he got a boat load and was worth it.... Had he known 'been paid off', his riches would have been SOOOOO much more... Shoot, I could have been the dag on jockey and at least came in second.. As Ker would say.. DIRTY ROTTEN HEFFA'S. Okay, rant over... Sorry to hijack your thread
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Hey pretty lady!!! You need to do more trip reports, you are v.v. funny!!!!

I try to keep funny Meg on the DL...she gets me in trouble
    I know what you mean.. Gangstalicious Hilarious Deb gets me into a LOT of trouble a LOT of the time.

Meg my dear, I swear I laughed at your tail through the entire trip report. Well, not really your bootay, but you know what I mean, deary..... Although I have enjoyed all of our Volunteer designated Trip Report givers(y'all know who you is)... Yours always makes me laugh. Maybe cause, I probably would write mine the same way. Too bad, my butt haven't been in 2 years to write one.... But hey, A girl can wish..... Awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    Meg my dear, I swear I laughed at your tail through the entire trip report. Well, not really your bootay, but you know what I mean, deary..... Although I have enjoyed all of our Volunteer designated Trip Report givers(y'all know who you is)... Yours always makes me laugh. Maybe cause, I probably would write mine the same way. Too bad, my butt haven't been in 2 years to write one.... But hey, A girl can wish..... Awesome job!

Well, when you do go again let's plan a meet...thank about the TR that would generate!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Meg,
    Thanks for the offer to help with the move. I'm starting to think that once we rid ourselves of extra items in England, getting settled in FL will be easy....well easier. We've had no calls at all on the car, transformers (for use with US appliances in the UK) and household stuff. Panic is setting in. We move to the temporary flat a week from today and all that stuff has to be settled. I need a magical day!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Meg,
    Thanks for the offer to help with the move. I'm starting to think that once we rid ourselves of extra items in England, getting settled in FL will be easy....well easier. We've had no calls at all on the car, transformers (for use with US appliances in the UK) and household stuff. Panic is setting in. We move to the temporary flat a week from today and all that stuff has to be settled. I need a magical day!

Have you tried hosting a garage sale? Or does one not do that it the UK? If worse comes to worse you can always donate to charity. Have you found a place to live in Fl? What city?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Have you tried hosting a garage sale? Or does one not do that it the UK? If worse comes to worse you can always donate to charity. Have you found a place to live in Fl? What city?
    they have boot sales here - as in the back of your car. I can donate several things to my church, but the car is just a big headache right now. It's 18 years old, but in good condition and just passed the car inspection. It's causing me great gastric distress.
    We bought a house in Kissimmee 4 years ago. DD has been living in it while we are away. Most of our furniture is already in it, so it shouldn't take too long to get settled. Of course, our household goods (the stuff we just shipped from here) and our storage stuff will need to put away once they are delivered.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    .....my goal is to have better abs than Princess Jasmine
    Oh, my.......

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Oh, brother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast