Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Days 10, 11 and 12 in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 10 Chef Mickey and DTD Waking up in the Contemporary was a wonderful experience for me. The 3 lads like to sleep late, however I am an early riser, ...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle

Days 10, 11 and 12

Day 10
    Chef Mickey and DTD
    Waking up in the Contemporary was a wonderful experience for me. The 3 lads like to sleep late, however I am an early riser, so quietly sneaking out on the balcony I enjoyed the beautiful experience of watching the Magic Kingdom area slowly wake up.
    Once the other 3 had eventually hauled themselves out of bed we had a quick tidy up and packed, we knew that check-out time would have passed before we finished at Chef Mickey so needed to clear the room early. Before long i had a phone call from my sister to say they were on their way to meet us. (did i mention we bought 2 cell phones from wal mart for $15 each, best investment we made, so easy to stay in touch without using our UK phones and running up massive bills, i recommend it to any UK visitors!) Anyhow, back to the report, by now i was sat out on the balcony looking out for their car when she called again to check where they should head to, she said they had passed through the MK parking lot gates and were just about to go under a bridge, i replied with “OK, so a green truck is coming down the road”, she was kinda surprised at my super psychic powers but when I told her to look up to the right and could see me waving we both laughed.
    John the security man was working again(he’s so nice) and instead of the short parking permit for a few hours at Chef Mickey, he printed them an all day pass which was so lovely of him. While Chris dropped our overnight bag down to our car, the others came up to have a look at the room, see the view and had a quick look at the photopass collection so far on the in room computer . And from there we headed down for breakfast. I was surprised to find that the check-in at Chef Mickey seemed a little disorganised, the photographer doing the family photos as you enter was missing so we never received ours. Anyhow, we had a lovely table and were quickly supplied with drinks and explained where to find everything. I cannot fault the buffet on anything, the selection of food was massive and it was all of a great standard. I cant totally remember what order the characters came around in, but we met Pluto, Goofy, Minnie, Mickey and Donald.

All of them were great with the kids and there was a special moment when Rebecca told Mickey that her pet hamster at home was named after him, even without words Mickey was great at showing how happy that made him. Thomas was a little concerned at first that the characters would be interrupting his eating, but eventually smiled for a couple of photos lol!! After breakfast we had a leisurely walk around the stores in the hotel (spent way too much) and then headed to DTD (for more shopping)!
    Having reached half way through the holiday at quite a pace, this was planned to be a slower day, and we went to watch the new Indiana Jones movie at DTD . From there we did more shopping and ate at Planet Hollywood. And the day rounded off with some much needed relaxation back at the villa.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    Day 11
    Helicopter ride and relaxing
    This was planned to be another quieter day. All of us except Mum wanted to take a helicopter ride so headed up to one we had been passing every day on the way to the parks. For me this was a great moment, i have done rides over WDW before and LOVE being in helicopters, poor Chris however, has an issue with heights and was slightly less hyped about the idea, but wanted to do it anyway. The wait for our tour was less than 45 minutes, and after Sarah and family rode, it was our turn. The tour we chose involved travelling north to Discovery Cove, Sea World and Aquatica, then heading back down I4 before covering TL, DTD, BB, close to Epcot, DHS, and Wide World of Sports. Then back along the 192, past Celebration and returning to the helipad. For me it was over way to quickly, and sitting in the front where the glass window extended down under my feet was fabulous, but poor Chris in the back was not on quite such a high as me, he said he managed to look out to see the sports complex and our return up the 192 a little, but that was about all. And i truly love the fact he faced his fear to experience something that i love so much.

Having met back up with Sarah back on the ground, we did a short visit to Publix before heading back to the villa. After some lunch Mum, Sarah, Pete, Thomas and Rebecca took and airboat ride out on Boggy Creek, while we enjoyed some pool time at the villa. Following that, all the adults except me went shopping at one of the outlet villages while the kids and I spent even more time in the villa’s pool. A quiet day was rounded off with a meal at Dennys
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    WOW a helicopter ride! That would be sooo neat! Glad you all had a great time!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    What a great installment, Fiona... And you rode in a helicopter, how neat....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    What a great trip report and a Helicopter ride is such a unique experience your kids will always remember!! Thanks for Sharing!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Sounds great! The helicopter ride is something you'll never forget!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    More great reports, Fiona!

Thanks again for sharing them with us!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sounds like some more amazing memories for you all!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    You certainly find the unusual to do on your hollidays! I think I'll do my touring on the ground, thank you very much. lol
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I'm with Virginia on this one for sure. But cool that you loved it!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Day 12
    Epcot & DTD
    Today we headed back to Epcot. As it was the Monday of Memorial weekend we expected the parks to be busy, so headed there with the very relaxed opinion of, if it was too busy and lines were too long, we might change plans. The parks certainly felt busier than they had up until now, but the wait lines were OK. We managed to ride Test Track, Universe of energy, Journey into Imagination( I love that ride) and SSE, had lunch at the Electric Umbrella and took in the sights of Future World in general.

I loved SSE, its been so long since i last rode it that i cant really comment on any of the updates, but the kids loved being able to send an email postcard home, not sure how new that is?
    Having covered a decent amount of Epcot, we has a lovely meal at Shoney’s (it was so quiet, i thought it would be busy on a holiday, we had a whole section of the restaurant to ourselves!?). From there we headed to DTD again for some more retail therapy. (you know, doing this trip report has made me realise we ended up at DTD an awful lot!)
    I can remember that on this evening i started to be aware the end of the vacation was starting to creep up on us, and feeling a little sad at how fast it was all flying by.
    x FIONA x

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Shopping is good and the end to a vacation isn't so fun! How great it is to relive the fun. And my youngest LOVES Journey into Imagination. I think we rode that 6 times.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That is a really great family photo!!!!
    I am loving Alex's hair. That would make a great Christmas card for this year!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Cool photo! Great TR and yes the end of vacation is so bad! Can't wait to read more TR!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View