Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Early morning tour in the Vacation Planning forums; Epcot tomorrow! My Mom and I are taking the UnDiscovered Future World tour. We actually have to be there before the park opens, so we have to wake up early ...
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder

Early morning tour

Epcot tomorrow! My Mom and I are taking the UnDiscovered Future World tour. We actually have to be there before the park opens, so we have to wake up early and rush from little Land O' Lakes to the parks.
    Can't Wait!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Have a great time! That's a very good tour.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We are all very jealous...but have a good time!
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hope you give us a report on how you enjoyed the tour!!!

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    and photo's, if they allow it
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Oh please, trip review on this one. How long is the tour. I'd love an early tour that way you do not miss as much park time.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Hope you had an awesome time, looking forward to hearing how it was!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Have fun!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Thanks! Well, the tour was yesterday and I would have posted that night if I didnt work from 10-6 today and more. Anyways, on with the review of the day and tour.

We arrived before the gates opened and were trying to understand where to meet. We were told to meet at guest relations, but we found that it was the one on the inside of the park once we got to the outdoor one.
    So, we were directed to go to the princess breakfast entrance. We got over there and we saw the long line of people waiting for the gates to open. I walked up towards the front to let the cast member know that we needed to go in for our tour. Sadly, before I could even say more than "Mam", I was told to get into one of the two lines by pointing. No "please" or anything. I tried to mention it again, but she just repeated. I have to add that about 5 minutes later, they let us in the gates, but it was a but frustrating. There were some nice people who let us in line so we could run off to our tour.

The tour lasted from about 9 to 1, and took us ALL over future world and more. The headsets we used were allot better than the ones that we had on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and didnt require us looking like secret service agents. We got to see the area behind the imagination pavilion where all the 3D glasses in disney world are cleaned. It was cool to see, and find that each pair is worn once a day! During the tour, we also got to learn some facts about disneyland and the things that walt did over there.
    What else...
    We got to see the HP room in Mission: Space, which was a little small but nice. And the control room was very cool as well. They showed us the big difference between the two sides of the control panel. We also got to push all the buttons we would like on the false side. I think I pushed about every single one! Oh and I noticed that the keyboards on the fake side are...mac keyboards when the ride is sponsored by HP.
    Over in the Seas (Living Seas), they took us back into the special events room and saw that the signs inside were kept the old look. You actually get to see the old Living Seas logo in the room as well, which I thought was cool.
    When our guide, Kim, was about to take us backstage to look at some retired AA's she stopped for a second...after waiting a bit, we found that the Royal family of Morocco had just walked in the back entrance to the universe of energy. So it was crazy to think that royalty was walking around Epcot! I wonder if they ate in Morocco...
    We were also taken on the best seat in soarin, center top!
    Love that ride!
    Later, we got to see the cast member area and and the docks for the boats and Illuminations floats. The cast member area had rows upon rows of lockers! And the costuming area, it was about the side of the Publix I work at but packed with clothing!
    At the end of the trip, we were given the great surprise of having a special reserved spot to watch Illuminations later that night!
    There was so much more on the tour, that I cant remember it all! But I did not take any backstage photos as we were asked not to. And even if we were allowed, I was wayyyyy too busy taking it all in!

Later on in the day, there was a downpour that lasted well till our dinner around 7 at Tutto Italia, which was very good! It was our first time eating there since the change!
    Earlier we also rode Spaceship Earth, the boy selling the news papers was turned around this time and was still talking. And I do believe that the man working on the computer at the end is Woz as it looks a bit like him with the beard.

Oh! And I almost forgot that Sig Hansen, Captain of the Northwestern on Deadliest Catch was in Norway! He was there signing Northwestern gear and taking photos with a few others of the crew. It was awesome to see him, and to see someone who works hard for a living getting a star like treatment! I did not get to have a pic taken with Sig and the crew as we were already running a bit behind for dinner, but I snapped a photo of the Sig before we had to take off. Hopefully Ill have just about the only photo taken on the trip up later on. But as for the tour, I enjoyed every bit of it! Even the facts and trivia that I already knew! And the pin was a pleasant bonus at the end, as all the tours have them. I would highly suggest the tour, as it is very enjoyable and not as tiring as the Keys to the Kingdom was.

Also, I got to talk to a few cast members about seasonal/casual employment to check out if it was well worth it. And its decided that a friend and I are going to casting on Thursday!

I also forgot to mention that the Nine Dragons was all closed up. Renovations?

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Yup Nine Dragons has been closed for awhile for rennovations!

Sounds like a great trip!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    Sounds like a great tour. Can't wait to see the photo of Sig and his brothers, Edgar and I can't remember the other guys name. Can you post a photo of the pin also?
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I love that Disney does tours like that... letting people in on just a little of the magic.
    It sounds really neat!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Cant get to the photo right now since im on my ipod touch, but the photo isnt a very great one. I think I got Sig and some of Edgar.