Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss High School Band and Orchestra Trips in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone! Every 3 years my high school band and orchestra goes to disney for a week to play and just to have a good time, and this year is ...
    mick_chick17 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking High School Band and Orchestra Trips

Hi Everyone!

Every 3 years my high school band and orchestra goes to disney for a week to play and just to have a good time, and this year is my first time!! We are on december 26, 2008!! I know we are playing in Epcot for a workshop were we play to a movie screen. and we haven't got it finailized, but we are going to play at Magic Kingdom too!!!! I'm so excited, considering pretty much all my friends at in orchestra with me! Our director said that we get to go backstage a bit, too! I was wondering if anyone has ever gone on a trip like this and what your experience was and what its going to be like.

Its my best friends first time to disney with our trip and I want to make it extra special because we both are disney movie obessed!! Any ideas within our tight time boundaries and being during Christmas time??

Thanks!
    Libby

May 2005- GKTW for a Make-A-Wish Trip
    Feb 2007- Off Property and 1 night at All-Star Movies
    December 2008-09- All-Star Music Orchestra Trip
    BIRTHDAY TRIP
    SEPTEMBER 2010

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them--Walt Disney aka The Man

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I always wished I could have done this with my high school or community college bands. My HS band almost did, but the band director wanted to go to the Liberty Bowl in Memphis instead. I have never looked at football in the same way again...
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have gone to Disney World twice with my high school marching band. We always have a blast! We marched at Magic Kingdom both years and were able to see the area behind Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Carribean. It is really neat to see where all the parades start and end. They don't allow you to take any pictures back there though in an attempt to "preserve the magic." If you have a chance, make sure you get around to Disney's Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. It's an amazing thing to see around Christmas. If I think of something else I'll let you know. Have a wonderful trip! It'll be one you'll never forget!

Thanks guys! I know we are going to go to Hollywood Studio for the New Years Party, so we will see the lights . I'm so excited!!

BIRTHDAY TRIP
    SEPTEMBER 2010

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them--Walt Disney aka The Man

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    This should be really exciting. Have you and your friend started looking at attractions to determine what is a must do and what can wait til another time?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

kinda, well, mostly me... we probably we start more of that once we get the official
    itinerary at the start of school. There isn't very much I haven't seen...even just with the 2 trips but i still love that place. Its always been my dream to go to wdw but my brother is handicapped so that delayed our timing. But the first night we were at WDW I was 13 and we were eating in Cinderella's Castle (after half the day at AK and the other half at DHS, then rushing over to MK for our reservations....crazy!!) I cried so hard because I made my dream come true. So with my best friend, who is Cinderella obessed at age 15!! I want her dreams to come true too. By the way, do u have any ideas of what to do? I haven't been down there during Christmas time and I know its going to be crazy!!

BIRTHDAY TRIP
    SEPTEMBER 2010

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World is a great website to look up information about dining and what to do when you're in the parks. Here is a direct link to what is going on in December Calendar of Events at Walt Disney World. From this page, you can click on links that tell you more about each individual event. Hope that helps!