Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Princess Sarah's Report...in progress! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey, guys! It's been quite a while since I've even posted here! I just got back from the World last night at about 1:30 in the morning, so my report ...
    Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder

Princess Sarah's Report...in progress!

Hey, guys! It's been quite a while since I've even posted here! I just got back from the World last night at about 1:30 in the morning, so my report is on the way!
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Welcome Back, Hope you had a wonderful Trip!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Yeah, looking forward to it.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Welcome back, looking forward to the report!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I was wondering where you were
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I was wondering where you were

Brian, the answer to that would be college! Recreational computer use went out the window, and in flew 12 page papers and LONG days in the astronomy lab!

We stayed at the Pop, in the '60's building again. The Pop is nice and all, but I really do miss Bay Lake. Next year, Polynesian.

Small point on weather: It being August, we should have MELTED, but it really wasn't that bad! I have been in July and nearly died, but this really wasn't that bad! I got some strange looks from people when I was telling my mom about the "mild" on the phone, and I simply smiled and said "Southern girl; I'm used to it!" The amazing thing, however, was that it NEVER RAINED, except for about 3 minutes of drizzle in MGM. It looked like the skies were going to fall on us, but it never did (plus, it made for an awesome ToT picture!)

Anyway, the first day in Magic Kingdom:

We got into Orlando at about one in the morning, stayed off proprty for a night, and got up the next morning and went in. My little cousin had a reservation at the boutique int he castle, which opened up the day before we left, and happened to be just over an hour before our reservation at CRT!

Royal Table: My first time! It was SO much fun! The food was amazing, the princesses were wonderful with the kids, and even played around with me a little bit (even though I'm almost 19, I actually get mistaken for being 12-15 quite often!) For example, Aurora was looking at my pins, and said "I'm gonna guess that Ariel is your favorite?" Tis true...one entire side of one of my lanyards is nothing but The Little Mermaid. I had an awesome time eating there!

While my little cousin was at the boutique (I should mention that I always go with my cousin and his wife, and their two kids, who are practically like little siblings to me), I took my other cousin, who is older, and a boy, to ride PotC and do a few other little things. I love the little moments like that almost more than the big rides and big events, like waiting with Carolyn (the little one), while the rest ride RnRC, and then having my turn, thanks to the child rider swap. The rest of the day was great. We FINALLY got to ride Haunted Mansion, which we haven't done since 2006, due to refurbishing. I LOVE the staircases and the new bride stuff! The disappearing heads had my sides almost in pain with laughter, and it was nice to see our good old ghost pals again! I also had a Dole Whip that evening, which was the first of many on this trip! These have to be my favorite Disney snack. Ever. Sorry, turkey legs and ice cream sandwiches. Aloha Isle, how I pine for you! (Every pun intended!)

About the boutique, Carolyn ate. That. Up. She adored every second of it, and her pictures with Cinderella are priceless. I remember how fun it was to simply dress up as a kid (before all of the Disney costumes and accesories they have today!), so I can imagine how special it is for these kids!

Part 2, 3, and so-on coming soon! I am going to try and condense things and make it one post.
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sounds like you had a great time. Any pics?

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    This sounds like you had a really great day at MK. The little cousins sound like a lot of fun and you are a good big cousin, nice of you to be the "nanny" for a bit. Looking forward to reading more.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

lancelot62 is offline A-Ticket holder
    hello princess, from a fellow south carolinian, hope you had a great time , i was at the same resort from the 2 to the 6 at the 60 s love the view of the pool. would really like to know if you were at royal table for supper. going back in 14 days w/ kids and have heard not so good thingsabout it. glad you had a good time