Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Best time to visit in the Vacation Planning forums; This question has been asked by many, and although I never had a succent answer, I can officially say that the day after Labor Day is THE best time to ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Best time to visit

This question has been asked by many, and although I never had a succent answer, I can officially say that the day after Labor Day is THE best time to visit AK and Epcot.....at least in 2008. We literally walked on SE. We were the second group in line for the KS once we cleared the cue. We had a 10 min. wait for EE. Besides Expedition Everest, Spaceship Earth, and Kil. Safari, we rode Test Track, Mission Space, Dinasaur, walked through both animal walks in AK, had lunch at Pizzafari, watched Flights of Wonder and Nemo the musical, had dinner at the small restaurant in Japan, and watched Illuminations. And just think - we never started our day at AK till 11:30 AM and didn't get to Epcot till 6:00 PM. We never needed nor used a fast pass. It was like having the parks to ourselves. I was a bit leary when we were parking at AK because the people parking ahead of us were exiting their cars and coming down the lane in front of the incoming traffic instead of moving over to the parked side of the lanes. We sat waiting to put the car in a spot for several minutes, and then the person next to us left their door open so we had to wait even longer for them to realize that other cars were trying to park. I couldn't pull in so of course the cars behind me couldn't pull in as well. I thought we were definitely starting out on the wrong foot. We even escaped the light rainstorm while walking under the trees in AK. It will be interesting to see if our luck holds for tomorrow as we head to WDS and MK.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Lucky Dogs!!! Hey, save some of that lack of crowds for us later in the month.

Enjoy your visit tomorrow and please let Mickey and Company know that we are just about to come see them soon.

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That's amazing mini-V, I have experienced that in January but never knew it was possible in September. Did you have to wait at all for the Nemo show in AK? Hope you have the same luck tomorrow
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i just got home from wdw on wed and i can say for sure that sat the 27th and sun the 28 so many people left it was like night and day monday and teus the crowds were about 1/2 as many people as there was the previous week

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    And we are talking during Free DDP!

Can anyone please comment on your wait to eat at the quick service counters?

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    like i said night and day we had a wait at animal kingdom quick service of like 40 min one day and after sept 1st i was like maby 5 or 10 min

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I hope it stays like that for the last week of this month, I want my girlfriend's first time in Disney to be one of small crowds so she can enjoy it.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    That's amazing mini-V, I have experienced that in January but never knew it was possible in September. Did you have to wait at all for the Nemo show in AK? Hope you have the same luck tomorrow
    No wait. We walked in about 15 minutes before the show started. There was still plenty of room in the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    And we are talking during Free DDP!

Can anyone please comment on your wait to eat at the quick service counters?
    counter service lines have been short - maybe 2-3 people deep. the longest wait was on Thursday evening at MK in the tomorrow land terrace, but that still wasn't long by any shade of the imagination

We had a 20 minute wait for Toy Story Mania and did a fast pass for later. We nearly walked on with the fast pass. Caught Beauty and the Beast just as it was starting, so we had no wait there. Had 5-10 min. waits on TOT and RR. We were going to ride RR a second time, but by then it had a posted time of 20, but looked a lot closer to 35. I know that still is a short time, but with all the other shorter wait times, we were getting spoiled. We had a trip planned to WDS next week, so I'll let you know if the crowds are still down. With the weather being iffy - the numbers could stay down for a bit.

DH came went to MK about mid day and had about a 5 min. wait on a couple of rides while walking on several others. He had his own boat for POTC. When I met him there later with our company, AK had closed for the day, and crowds were starting to pick-up for the evening parade and fireworks. We found a place on the bridge to watch the fireworks about 30 minutes before the action started. We had a good view, but of course, it was a bit to the right of the castle so we could see the castle and see the fireworks, but they weren't "over" each other. It took us a while to get on the monorail, but that's expected for leaving after 10PM. Note to self: always set up a meeting point with visitors you're touring with should you get separated.

Also..there are some shopping incentives at WDW. At the World of Disney, if you spend $40.00, you can buy a rolling tote for $20.00. In the Emporium, if you spend $60.00, you can buy a limited edition (large face) wristwatch with Mickey for $15.00. My guests spent the money and I was able to cash in on the tote. I really needed another suitcase - NOT. It's 20 x 11 x 11. I don't know how long the offers will last.
    Last edited by mini-V; 09-06-2008 at 09:16 AM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.