Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rich & Ann's American Adventure 2008 *Official Britcast* in the Vacation Planning forums; Thought it was time to go ahead and start the Britcast for Rich & Ann's 2008 American Adventure! I just phoned the Beach Club and they haven't checked in yet. ...

Rich & Ann's American Adventure 2008 *Official Britcast*

Thought it was time to go ahead and start the Britcast for Rich & Ann's 2008 American Adventure!

I just phoned the Beach Club and they haven't checked in yet. They should be arriving soon so I will call again in a bit. I'm sure the two of them are exhausted after their flight!

I will be sure to update this thread as soon as I've spoken with them!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    How exciting! Can't wait to hear another Britcast!

Guess I should have checked the other thread first....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13
    The flight departed the gate at 11.29am, 64 minutes late. Its due to arrive 76minutes late at 3.36pm (local). I guess they have a bit of a head wind?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13
    they landed about 2 minutes ago. 8 hours 44 minutes runway to runway!!

disneydreamer98 reply:
    Guess I should have checked this thread before calling the Beach Club and starting the Britcast thread! I knew they were scheduled to land at 2:30, but I didn't know you would be tracking their plane step by step Fiona!

I was going to call back at 5, but I think I'll wait til around 5:30 now....

Then I would have known not to call the Beach Club yet!
    Last edited by disneydreamer98; 09-21-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    How exciting! Can't wait to hear another Britcast!
    Well.......I got tired of listening to Rich whine and beg me to do another one! It's hard to hear a grown man cry!

Rich's favorite part of his WDW trips is that he gets to talk to me on the phone EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Well I just got off the phone with Summer! She is at WDW right now with Shaun and Ashlyn and they are just getting ready to head in and listen to Voices of Liberty! She was calling to get Rich and Ann's schedule so they can all meet up!

Still no sight of them at the BC! I sure hope Rich hasn't been detained at Customs!

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    I hope they got to the beach club fine!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I spoke to them around 8:30 PM last night. They were tired after their long flight, but were safely ensconced in their room. They did the smart thing and were planning to relax last night. We're meeting for lunch at DDT today and then they are planning to head to WDS. If invited, I may go with them (the perks of not working and having annual pass).
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I spoke to them this morning before taking the boys to school!

As Virginia already posted, they did arrive safe and sound! I knew they had last night because I had called back and they had checked in. I left a VM since they had already headed out to check out the resort property and Boardwalk.

They are loving their room at the Beach Club! Their window in their room faces out towards the pirate ship on the beach. Rich said 'this place is huge!' They managed to get themselves lost TWICE within the Beach Club property yesterday! Rich hasn't been feeling well since Saturday. He's guessing a bit of the stomach flu or a slight touch of food poisoning. They had planned on eating at the ESPN Club last night, but with Rich not feeling well and the huge line of people going outside the door (Duh Rich...Sunday Night Football!) they decided to pass and went back to their room.

They were going to square away everything with their park vouchers this morning and then head DTD to meet up with V for lunch at Earl of Sandwich and then onto DHS for the rest of their day.

I have a busy morning tomorrow so I won't be talking to them again until tomorrow night. Tomorrow is Epcot and they plan on meeting up with Lori and Todd! Wish I could be a fly on the wall for the meet and greet!!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I love the Britcast. Give them a "hug" from the DWT friends. Glad they are having a good time and starting their vacation off with a bang.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 09-22-2008 at 02:07 PM.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Sad! They are going to be here and I was not planned in! That's what I get for being busy!! Hopefully I'll still meet up with them though!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Thanks for keeping us up to date Melissa!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

The weather was first very humid, and then it started to rain, but we were still able to enjoy lunch and a few rides at WDS.

The room is lovely. The hotel is huge and I had to beg Rich not to leave me in a hallway before I was taken back to the lobby.

A lamp in the room.(I really want to take this, but Rich was not agreeable.) oops...this was turned the right way on photo bucket
    Rich and Ann really scored well on TSM their first time. They'll be aiming for that top score before the week is out.

I won't be seeing them again till the big lunch meet on Sat. at the Flame Tree Barbecue.

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Thanks for posting the photos & the update Mini V.........................I,m so pleased they are there at last & having a ball & enjoying meeting up with you again & other friends from the forums.............................can,t wait to see loads more photos & hear everything they get up to..........................

The Brits are in Town...................The Brits are in Town

I Belle
    Maggie

DH and I headed to AK this morning to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. Just as we were calling it a day, Rich caught up with us. He and Ann already had great seats staked out for the parade, so we stayed and watched it with them. They are both feeling fine and enjoying their stay. The weather today was absolutely beautiful.

On a side note, DH and I were taking the gorilla walk, and suddenly I noticed that everyone...and I do mean...everyone around me was wearing a YOMD fast pass. I asked someone where they were when they'd won, and she said she was handed it as they came into the area in which we were currently standing. DH then says....wait for it...."I saw the woman handing them out....BUT I DIDN'T WANT ONE!" He didn't want one! He said he had no idea that I would have wanted one. Yup. I've never mentioned that I would have liked a YOMD prize, any prize.......for at least an hour or so!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast