Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Soarin' Spoiler + Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Thanks for the detailed description. I can't wait!!!...
    MickeyinTX is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the detailed description. I can't wait!!!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 07, 2005 7:00:00 AM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>Disney World Here We Come</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'See Ya There';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    good details there Don. Thanks for the report. It is a great ride!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    I was terrified to go on because of my extreme motion sickness.....I am happy to report that I went on twice back to bak, didn't bother me at all, even in the front row. It is awesome.

Did you find the walk long? I know that you have mobility issues, and was wondering if you had any problems that Don covered in his report.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Everyone finds the long walk. It is the que. You can take ECV's and wheelchairs inside (all the way). Believe it or not, Soarin' does not have the longest que.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    True... it's probably not the longest. It just feels really long because it doesn't wind back and forth. It just goes on and on in a relatively straight line. Either way you look at it, it's still a hike if you have difficulty. But then again, if you do have difficulty, then you probably should be using a chair or ECV.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Did you find the walk long? I know that you have mobility issues, and was wondering if you had any problems that Don covered in his report.
    For anyone with mobility issues the walk is very long. There is an elevator and we did take our chairs in and were able to transfer and then have my husband move the chairs off to the side. It is actuall one of the more wheelchair freindly attractions.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Rode Soarin' 4 times in a row on Sunday morning... Wow... Loved it!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    I was terrified to go on because of my extreme motion sickness.....I am happy to report that I went on twice back to bak, didn't bother me at all, even in the front row. It is awesome.
    Thanks, she'll be glad to know that she can enjoy the new ride with the rest of us!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Everyone finds the long walk. It is the que. You can take ECV's and wheelchairs inside (all the way). Believe it or not, Soarin' does not have the longest que.
    Just curious, but which attraction DOES have the longest queue line?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Just a guess, but I would say Space Mountain.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I'm glad that everyone enjoyed it. :-) It is an amazing attraction. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

safarijen is offline A-Ticket holder
    someone mentioned that there's 2 hidden mickeys and one is on the golf ball...where is the other one? i couldn't find it on any of the other posts so sorry if it is posted up here somewhere...
    I rode soarin twice a few weeks ago and it was awesome. and FYI, for those who were wondering about it, I get motion sickness really easily and was not at all affected on the ride.

There are actually three. Mickey Balloon in the golf scene, Mickey onthe golfball, Mickey in the Fireworks

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    So THAT's the third one, Jason!!! (the balloon). I knew about the other two, and recall hearing from... well.. YOU that there was a third one, but couldn't remember where. Looks like i'll have to head down next week and try and find it!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    After completion of my second time on the attraction, as our seatbelts were released, I exclaimed to some people in my party that I had seen the midden mickey in the fireworks. The CM operating the ride overheard me, and asked if I had also seen the one on the golf cart. He very distinctly said golf cart, and not golf ball, but after hearing so many other people confirm that there was indeed one on the golf ball, I would have to assume the CM himself was misinformed and had not in fact seen it himself. Although it does make me want to go ride it again, just so i could check and see if I could see one on a golf cart as well.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast