Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Soarin' Spoiler + Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; posting it here cuz it has a spoiler somewhat in it. Also there are breaks around the spoiler so you can read the report without reading the spoiler there is ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Soarin' Spoiler + Trip Report

posting it here cuz it has a spoiler somewhat in it. Also there are breaks around the spoiler so you can read the report without reading the spoiler there is info about it above and below.

Well I road soarin today. And let me tell you it was...

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. I think I'm done with my hyperness. I am going to try and describe it some in here but I'm still hyper from it so if I don't make sense or if you want to know more just ask me questions. I'll be going on it numerous times throughout the next week.

First off, Soarin opened before 3pm today and will be open until they decide to stop letting people in or 7pm at the latest.

Soarin' will be open everyday until it officially opens on 05-05-05 (why? read those number backwards 50-50-50). Well almost everyday if it is raining or there are some reasons that they can't open it, it will not be open, but they are going to try and have it open everyday as much as possible. It will be opening at around 3pm everyday so if you are visiting epcot, make sure to check it out. The enterance for soarin is over by the bathroom on the side of imagination. There will be people with Soarin' costumes on about a half hour before they open and they have a rope and a height requirement thingy. So if its open there WILL be people over there.

Anyway the Soarin' in Florida is the exact same one as in DCA. So if you've been in the one in DCA you've been on the one here.

Spolier (if you dont want to know what the ride is about don't read this!)

Space for the spoiler...

The building, part of it is awesome! It has those pictures that look like they move. They have different scenes and trivia. The entire building looks alike an airport. It was based after the orlando airport, chicago o'hare airport, and a france airport. It is just amazing. It looks cool. It is HUGE! its about 900ft of winding space in A/c. they entire thing is just AMAZING! EEH! There are also two concourses. Concourse A is the one I was in. They are still finishing Concourse B according to all the cast members.

Okay. First off you get into rows of about 12 people per row. There are three rows but there are three sections so a lot of people can fit on the ride. You get in your row and you stand there and watch a little pre-show video that has a cute thing about a mickey mouse hat. It also lists some places you'll be 'soarin' over such as monterey bay, san fransisco, los angeles, lake tahoe, and yosmite to name a few!

You go into the room, sit down, and there is a place to store flip flops and packages under your eat. After a couple minutes, you get take off! What happens is it goes dark and the three rows lift up and you go over a huge Imax screen. The ride itself does not move too much once you get in this position. It is one of the biggest Imax screens in the world!

The first row goes up to the top of the screen about 40 ft off of the floor. The second row is in the middle and the third row is at the bottom, only about 4 ft off the ground. The thing starts and all of a sudden you are soarin' through the clouds. The clouds fade away and you are soarin over the san fansisco bridge.

To sum the rest of the ride up to go over a golf course, the ocean, the places I mentioned and you see some pretty amazing sites. The ride ends with you at Disneyland at christmas time with Tinkerbell and fireworks. As the final fireworks make you jump backwards you will go soarin back to the ground. It is amazing. The seats you are in just tilt back and forth and fans blow towards you. You go through a forest and you can smell pine. You go over an orange grove then you smell oranges and over the ocean... you smell the ocean. It is AMAZING!

I LOVED this ride. It is my favorite ride at Epcot right now. YAY! IT ROCKS!!!

Spoiler Ended!

Any questions that you have or anything you want to know please just ask. Pictures were not allowed! But it was an amazing experience I'd love to help.

Oh! The only advisory that this ride has if you are afraid of heights you shouldn't ride it. Also it warns you of swoops and whatnot but I didn't feel a thing. It is definately a family-friendly ride if your kids meet the 44 inch height requirement.

Well I think thats it. Enjoy! It's a huge review so that's my trip!

I'd give it .
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I. Cannot. Wait. it's gonna kick booty!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B

Anyway the Soarin' in Florida is the exact same one as in DCA. So if you've been in the one in DCA you've been on the one here.
    Thanks for the report! I enjoyed it at DCA, but we only had time to ride it once there.

I hope eventually they will make them different from one another. Any ideas on when they maybe changing the California film to something else?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I heard that they would change it for Epcot's 25th, which is in '07, if I did the math correctly.
    -Taylor

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the board!

Great ride report!!!

You said last row only rises 4 feet, but you also said if you are afraid of heights you would be scared? Could you be more specific? Does the floor drop under you after you rise 4 feet, or what?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Well...

The floor doesn't drop out (al least not in DCA), but you feel much, much higher than 4 feet because of the huge screen and the perspective you get from there.
    -Taylor

ILuvFWilderness is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Wow i cant wait to ride it!! I wish it was May already !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Welcome to the board!

Great ride report!!!

You said last row only rises 4 feet, but you also said if you are afraid of heights you would be scared? Could you be more specific? Does the floor drop under you after you rise 4 feet, or what?
    Well you are over a huge imax screen so if you fall you'd fall on the screen and it does feel like you are moving. I meant you'd be afraid of heights if you sat in the front row because that one you are 40 feet up in the air. So it depends on the row. If you ask the cast members they can seat you in a certain row.

I'm glad you guys like the trip report. I road it twice in a row cuz there was no wait. lol. Cuz no one knows its open yet really. I plan on riding it again this weekend and next week because some of my family is coming down and my mom is coming and she hasn't been able to go on any of the new rides lately cuz she gets sick easily but I know she can handle soarin' so I am thrilled to be able to take her on it. :-) She'll finally have bragging rights on my dad for once. lol.

And anymore questions i'll keep responding. :-)

and i heard the same thing for the video I was talking to a CM and they said that they were talking to an imagineer and they decided to build a soarin here with one of the main reasons being that its so popular out in DCA. It is a HUGE area in the land too. My boyfriend counted feet and from when we got into the building it was 900 feet of winding through rooms and rows (they have a HUGE place for a line, just HUGE) until we got to one of the seating areas.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Oh and to clarify, the floor doesn't drop it, it lifts you up over an IMax screen so you get lifted up over the screen. Rather quickly kinda too. it scared me the first time. It was a lil too fast. Lol. It gets dark and then boom, you move.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Is it loud my daughter hate anything loud. I'm sure there is going to be a fastpass for this ride . Did you see any hidden mickey's:mickey:

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Is it loud my daughter hate anything loud. I'm sure there is going to be a fastpass for this ride . Did you see any hidden mickey's:mickey:
    no it is not loud. you're daughter willbe fine as long as she meets the height requirement. :-) Yes there is a fastpass. You'd be amazed at how much the land is going to look different. Soarin' looks like an airport and yeah, I saw the enterance as to where it will be located in the land but I'm sure the land will look AMAZING. I am thrilled for the change. :-)

And yes there are two hidden mickeys and i found both of them on my first time riding it. :-)
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

One of them is on the golf ball...where's the other one?
    -Taylor

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Thanks for the update. Yes I know she would meet the height requirement she just hates lound noises and the dark she 7 now but will be 8 when we go in October I will look out for the hidden mickeys I always seem to miss them or better yet I will ask a cast member

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    I heard that they would change it for Epcot's 25th, which is in '07, if I did the math correctly.
    There is supposed to be no MATH on a Disney Forum
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Thanks for the update. Yes I know she would meet the height requirement she just hates lound noises and the dark she 7 now but will be 8 when we go in October I will look out for the hidden mickeys I always seem to miss them or better yet I will ask a cast member
    And if she is prone to motion queasiness, just have her look all the way to the top or the sides of the screen and that will greatly reduce the feeling, it does work as I tried it out in DCA.

The best row to get the feeling of a real glider is the first row, which when the ride is going is the top row. Why is it the best? Because you won't see peoples feet dangling in front of you.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast