Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disney Vet Taking a 1st Timer in the Vacation Planning forums; We finally booked our condo for December! It'll be me, my mom and my BF. And it'll be his very 1st visit to WDW! We'll be staying off site (much ...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Talking Disney Vet Taking a 1st Timer

We finally booked our condo for December! It'll be me, my mom and my BF. And it'll be his very 1st visit to WDW! We'll be staying off site (much to my chagrin) but it's much more cost effective for us to be able to stay for a week. We'll be in Florida from the 13th to the 20th. We'll be driving from Indy to Florida (15 hours in the car with my mother, help us all ) I look forward to seeing how much fun he'll have as a newbie. Plus MouseFest will be going on so there will be plenty of friendly and familiar faces to make him feel even more at home.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's always fun to go with newbies! You can teach him a whole bunch of fun Disney stuff that will be new and show him all the cool rides! Have fun!!
    ~Ashleigh

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    We finally booked our condo for December! It'll be me, my mom and my BF. And it'll be his very 1st visit to WDW! We'll be staying off site (much to my chagrin) but it's much more cost effective for us to be able to stay for a week. We'll be in Florida from the 13th to the 20th. We'll be driving from Indy to Florida (15 hours in the car with my mother, help us all ) I look forward to seeing how much fun he'll have as a newbie. Plus MouseFest will be going on so there will be plenty of friendly and familiar faces to make him feel even more at home.
    Just keep in mind, that unless your BF is really into Disney, meeting a bunch of Disney-holics, (as great as these people are) many not be all that exciting; especially for his first time. Of course if you are just referring to being around the friendly faces of Mouse-fest, then yes, there is a plus of being there during Mouse-fest. Hope your visit is just as fun and exciting as you anticipate. Make sure your BF does his "homework" and makes a list of his top "to do" activities.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Just keep in mind, that unless your BF is really into Disney, meeting a bunch of Disney-holics, (as great as these people are) many not be all that exciting; especially for his first time. Of course if you are just referring to being around the friendly faces of Mouse-fest, then yes, there is a plus of being there during Mouse-fest. Hope your visit is just as fun and exciting as you anticipate. Make sure your BF does his "homework" and makes a list of his top "to do" activities.
    Oh he has to meet us all

Oh he's really into Disney. It's funny because he even wants to work for Disney after we graduate even though he's never set foot on Disney property. I've been teaching him everything I know, showing him footage of the parks, letting him read books (including Lou's). He knows about my friend on here (even Tracy ) and is really looking forward to meeting them.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I can't blame him for wanting to "work" for Disney. I always wanted to be a CM and the first time that my family visited the World I fell in love with it. Which may explain why when I found out about the College program, I was like I definitely have to do this. All that I will say, is "working" for the Disney Company is as magical as it is to visit. But I'm sure that he will have a magical vacation. The drive from Indy seems to take FOREVER, but it will be worth it once you get there.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Oh he's really into Disney. It's funny because he even wants to work for Disney after we graduate even though he's never set foot on Disney property. I've been teaching him everything I know, showing him footage of the parks, letting him read books (including Lou's). He knows about my friend on here (even Tracy ) and is really looking forward to meeting them.
    wow, he knows about me and still wants to meet us...he's a keeper

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Well, you know he knows about me.

Poor guy. He is going to think we are all freaks!
    He'll be fine. As long as he remembers to breathe and not worry if he doesn't see absolutely everything.

I wouldn't worry about staying in the condo. I would so gladly trade you!!! Think of all that space. How fabulous is that!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Since the condo is booked and we're driving there isn't much left for us to plan. We do have an ADR for the Crystal Palace on the 15th for breakfast with Pooh! I did the same meal on my last trip and loved it! My mom loves Eeyor so she'll get a kick out of that. We'll also be doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, but we haven't decided what night yet.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Well, you know he knows about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    wow, he knows about me and still wants to meet us...he's a keeper
    I think he's passed the litmus test! He'll be fine.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Any other meals that you guys are planning on doing?

Your coming at a great time. For the beginning of your trip it won't be that busy, even with mouse-fest and whatnot going on. However, after that it will start to get a lot busier towards the end of your trip!

Sounds like a great trip Rach!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Well Rach....I recall making this exact same trip about 2 1/2 years ago with my "newbie" and look where we'e at now. Getting married in Florida and honeymooning at Disney World. He'll love it. I'm sure with all the buzz you've generated, he won't be let down. Any ride he's looking forward to in particular? Adam's was Buzz Lightyear, and wouldn't you know we've ridden that ride about five million times together now. Hope he has a ton of fun and gets some proposal ideas floatin' around in his head
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Any other meals that you guys are planning on doing?

Your coming at a great time. For the beginning of your trip it won't be that busy, even with mouse-fest and whatnot going on. However, after that it will start to get a lot busier towards the end of your trip!

Sounds like a great trip Rach!
    Right now we aren't planning on any other meals. We tend to make things up as we go, plus our condo has a full kitchen. But I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    Well Rach....I recall making this exact same trip about 2 1/2 years ago with my "newbie" and look where we'e at now. Getting married in Florida and honeymooning at Disney World. He'll love it. I'm sure with all the buzz you've generated, he won't be let down. Any ride he's looking forward to in particular? Adam's was Buzz Lightyear, and wouldn't you know we've ridden that ride about five million times together now. Hope he has a ton of fun and gets some proposal ideas floatin' around in his head
    He's really excited about seeing all the animatronics, but he's especially looking forward to Expedition Everest and POTC. We're both really looking forward to trying out Toy Story Mania. As for proposal ideas....I've been dropping not-so-subtle hints so we'll see what happens

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It is always fun to go with newbies. When I went my first time I was a newbie and my Aunt was a vet so she told me all these cool facts and all that fun stuff. So then when our trip was over I went home and started doing my research and became a "Disney Buff." So then when I went for Magic Music Days a few years later I got to share my knowledge with them. So the rest of the week I was called guide book. So yeah you will have fun sharing the knowledge.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Well we had an interesting revelation the other day. My mom has stated that she does not want to go to the parks while we're in Florida. She wants to leave all the running around to BF and I and she just wants to be a lazy bum while on vacation. She does want to go one day so she's gonna buy a one day ticket with the park hopper option. (She's gonna join us for the Crystal Palace breakfast but then wants to go to the Studios). However I thought it would might be fun as a Christmas present from BF and I to surprise her with a tour. Since she's not gonna have park admission except for one day, what would be good options for tours that don't require park admission? I know there are only a few, but I wondered if anyone one here had done any of them and could give an opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast