Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Expedition Everest Challenge Weekend Stories and Photos in the Vacation Planning forums; Jambo everyone! If you want to post a story and a photo or 2 or 3 here from Expedition Everest Challenge weekend go ahead! I just want to start by ...

Expedition Everest Challenge Weekend Stories and Photos

Jambo everyone! If you want to post a story and a photo or 2 or 3 here from Expedition Everest Challenge weekend go ahead!

I just want to start by saying what an amazing weekend it was! It was great spending time with friends "at home". There a lot of stories to be told and ones that should never be talked about again

Here's a photo from Friday morning in MK.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Meeting friends, old and new, at the Flame Tree Barbecue. What a great weekend.

mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Can't wait to see more of everyone's pics and stories!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This weekend was fantastic. Got a chance to spend time with Lou, Deanna, Lori and Valerie. What a great group of people.

Here is my summary of the weekend:

Friday: Flew in and went to packet pickup. It was my first time at WWS and it sure is a nice facility. Check it was very well done and not busy. Check into the hotel (AKL) and headed out to Epcot to eat myself around the world. The wine a food festival was fantastic. The weather was good (73 degrees or so) and the food was great. What an experience.

Saturday - Day:
    Had a late breakfast at Boma's which really filled me up. Met Lou in the lobby and headed over to animal kingdom for our lunch meet. Was there 1 hr early so we decided to ride EE. Met the group at Flame Tree Barbecue and had good conversation. I was still full from breakfast so I had something light. Headed back to the hotel for some rest and a shower.

Saturday - Night:
    Headed over to the AK for the EEChallenge. Was wearing our WDW Radio race shirts and was nervous and heck. Met with with Lou and Deanna who were in our same wave and they bumped my wife Lori and I up. Lou went from "Oh, I haven't trained since last January" at first to "Let's rock this thing and blow people away" just before our wave was released. Now that's the adreneline talking. I heard he had to slow down the pace after the first mile The race kicked our butt but we took our time and enjoyed the scenery. We rocked the obstacle course and literally breezed through the scavenger hunt. Now only if we get that running part down .

The race party was fun but we focused our attention on the night ride of EE. Rode it three times because I just couldn't get enough of it. Then rode Kali River Rapids to finish the night. Got soaked of course. I brought a change of clothes which really helped because it was getting a bit chilly.

Sunday:
    Slept in, had a late breakfast at Boma's. Got to say goodbye to the WDW Radio show gang and spent the rest of the day at the pool. We were going to to go Epcot again but it was supposed to be 88 and really crowded. We needed the down time before returning home to our hectic lives. Flew out late Sunday night. (Funny that we ran into LoriLovesTigger one last time at the food court in the airport)

I didn't have my camera on me most of the weekend but here is a couple of pics.

Me in my WDW Radio Race shirt:

Lou being gracious enough to stand on his tippy toes for this picture

Tony Duncan

Recent Trips:
    March 2008 - Hilton Timeshare
    August 2008 - Hilton Timeshare
    September 2008 - AKL - Expedition Everest 5K
    April 2009 - Hilton Timeshare
    July 2009 - POR
    September 2009 - BeachClub - Expedition Everest 5K/ Everest Adventurer's Weekend
    April 2010 - Hilton Timeshare
    July 2010 - Hilton Timeshare
    April 2011 - Hilton Timeshare
    April 2012 - DISNEY DREAM!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Still sorting through photos and stuff here, but here are a few:

Lou & Lori with Mr. Potato Head on Thursday. Toy Story Mania still rocks, and Lou got the new high score of the day on this ride. The crowds getting to TSM at park opening are INSANE, and the FastPass set-up makes the area very congested. But the standby line moves much more quickly first thing in the morning than it does later when the FastPasses are returning.

Lou and his ever beautiful wife Deanna at Raglan Road. You'd never guess she'd just arrived from the airport in this photo.

At least Lou had plenty of women to keep him company at The Adventurers Club when we were trapped in the Treasure Room by the incredible crowds in the salon.

The above-mentioned crowd - this was Thursday, Sept. 25th. It was reported that people were camping out in front of the club at lunchtime on Saturday for the final Hoopla!

Lou accepting the donation to the Dream Team Project from the WDWCelebrations staff. A big Thank You to them for raising $500 to help the kids!

Never know who you'll run into at WDW... Deb Wills was also enjoying the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot on Friday night!

Race time! Deanna looks ready to go.... not so sure about Lou there. Tony and his wife are right there, too.

Some of the WDW Radio Show Team showing off their hard-earned bling! Everyone who participated did great and came home with those cool compass medals.

This definitely was one of the most memorable trips I've had, and I loved every minute of it! (well, except for the shoe malfunctions, which gave me the worst set of blisters I've had in years. That part I could have done without.)

Funniest story (that can be told ): Riding Tower of Terror, just about to enter the Twilight Zone scene... that really sci-fi moment when the car moves out of the elevator... and my cell phone rings. Loudly. And if that wasn't bad enough, my ring tone is the theme song to The Muppet Show. Not exactly the right mood there. So I quickly fished the phone out of my bag, saw that it was Mini-V, and debated for a quick second about answering it. Lori pointed out that we were about to enter the drop shaft and I'm holding a phone, so I silenced it and stuffed it in my pocket. Could you just imagine? "Hello? Oh, Hi V. Can you hold on a sec? AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH! Yes, I'm still hereAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH! Be right with you, okay? AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH!

Anyway, it was a great trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Simply stated - thank you ALL for giving me such incredible memories this past week. It was truly one of the most enjoyable times I have ever had at WDW, simply due to the wonderful experiences I had with such good friends. I am blessed to know you all, and thankful to call you all my friends.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Funniest story (that can be told ): Riding Tower of Terror, just about to enter the Twilight Zone scene... that really sci-fi moment when the car moves out of the elevator... and my cell phone rings. Loudly. And if that wasn't bad enough, my ring tone is the theme song to The Muppet Show. Not exactly the right mood there. So I quickly fished the phone out of my bag, saw that it was Mini-V, and debated for a quick second about answering it. Lori pointed out that we were about to enter the drop shaft and I'm holding a phone, so I silenced it and stuffed it in my pocket. Could you just imagine? "Hello? Oh, Hi V. Can you hold on a sec? AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH! Yes, I'm still hereAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH! Be right with you, okay? AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH!

Anyway, it was a great trip!

That is hilarious. What timing.

Sounds like everyone had a great time. I wish I could have been there.

Pat forgot to mention that with her screaming on one side of Lou and me on the other that Lou went deaf for about 5 mintues. I knew I should've bought that ride photo!

I'm still working on photos too. And laundry. And being sick. And worst of all, having to return to work today.

Here's a nice photo from my plane on the way to WDW. I never get up before the sun but I did that day.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Beautiful picture Lori!!!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I wish I could see all your photos!
    Pat's are great, though so I am guessing that the rest are just as fantastic.
    Glad we were all there in spirit to cheer you on!!!

Way to go, pals.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was a voluteer for this race, and it was really fun! I was assigned to corral #3, and then I got to hand out passports and pencils. I did not see Lou, but I did get to see Lori run by me,yeah! You guys looked like you were having a ball! I did get to go to the after party and riding Everest and Kali at night was just awsome! It was worth it all just to do that! Here is a photo of my sister-in-law holding her group sign, wave #2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Expedition Everest Challenge Weekend Stories and Photos-016.jpg   Expedition Everest Challenge Weekend Stories and Photos-015.jpg  

A kiss goodbye!

I did start blogging about my trip. So far 1/2 of day one is up. Should have the rest of day 1 up later tonight.

coleen is offline A-Ticket holder
    hey lori,
    thanks for letting me know about lunch at flame - it was great getting to see you and meet some new people too! Sorry I wasn't around for the challenge but am glad to hear it went well.

Coleen Bolton
    coleen@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated with MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Just chillin' out!

What are you looking at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast