Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rich & Ann's American Adventure '08 - TRIP REPORT... in the Vacation Planning forums; Thanks guys!...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Thanks guys!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Some Resort photos....

Rich

I have now several photos uploaded to a new Photobucket account.

So far I have uploaded the following smaller albums I have created:
    • Airport type photos
    • WDW Resort photos
    • DTD
    • Typhoon Lagoon
    • Blizzard Beach
    • Hidden Mickey's

For anyone interested, here is a link: peterpan1972 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Rich

I will write some more reports tomorrow!
    Rich

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    that hotel looks wonderful
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

It was, it really was!!!
    Rich

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Yay! Great photos so far Rich!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    the Beach club looks empty!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great Trip report so far Rich!! I'm glad you all had a good time. I'm headed out to look at the photos now.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Thanks for sharing! Really makes me wanna be back at the Beach Club, you have a picture of the balcony of the room we stayed in!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Thanks guys!

We loved staying at the BC too!
    Rich

And here's some more for you to read!...

Wedesday 24th September – Day 3.

Already onto day 3 and today it was time for a trip across to Animal kingdom. After breakfast in the hotel we caught the bus for the 10 minute ride: The BC is so conveniently located and central to most parks! Knowing also that we’d be making more trips to AK, our plan of attack was to concentrate on the front of the park leaving Asia and Africa for later in the holiday.
    Once at the park and having a few PhotoPass photos done, we headed in and past the Oasis to the bridge and had a couple more photos taken. We browsed through the stores and made a left towards Camp Minnie-Mickey. While it was still quiet and the queues weren’t so long, we waited in line to have our photos taken with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald. Once done we looked at the time and it was perfect timing for the next showing of The Festival of the Lion King. We both love FotLK and since we last saw it they have improved the quality of the music: It seemed clearer louder and had a better bass line!
    By the time we came out and strolled back up to the main walk way the park had filled up. After having a look through more of the stores and The Tree of Life Garden area, we headed over to DinoLand USA. Once there we got some FPs for Dinosaur, had a look round and then went for a bite to eat at Restaurantosaurus.
    Lunch eaten, we made our way round to The Theatre in the Wild to watch the Nemo Musical. This is the first time we’d seen this show and again we both absolutely loved it... We even bought the music from the show on the way out! Once done, we headed back through DinoLand to ride Primeval Whirl but this was closed for refurbishment and so we headed straight on over to the Dinosaur Ride.
    Time was moving on and we decided to pick a spot for the Jammin Jungle Parade. We found a place sat on the wall near Pizzafari. While we were sat, Ann spotted V walking by with Harry and said that I should catch them up (They were heading out of the park). I caught them up and the decided to sit with us and watch the Parade. We had a good chat and after the Parade parted ways knowing that we’d catch up with them later in our holiday.
    We continued to stroll around taking photos and video footage before going to watch ITTBAB. Again, we both like this show although I have to sit forward for the sting in the back! Show over and with it being a hot and sunny day, we decided that we’d head back to the BC and go for a swim. This we duly did for around an hour before freshening up and heading out to Beaches & Cream for dinner.
    They do some of the best burgers on WDW Property there as well as the desserts – which goes without saying! Ann and I were not brave enough to share a ‘Kitchen Sink’ between us but we saw someone else ordering one! Well and truly stuffed we headed back to our room and crashed. Before calling it a night, we had a look at some of our PhotoPass shots and added a few borders and stuff to some of them. It was now time to sleep as I’d be up early in the morning for EMH at Magic Kingdom...
    Rich

Thursday 25th September – Day 4.

Up bright and early and a quick bight to eat, I was on a bus over to The Magic Kingdom a little before 7.30am. Ann had decided that she’d catch me up later! I got to the park just before it opened which gave me just enough time to find a spot to take some photos of Mickey & various other characters opening the park for the day. Soon after 8am I was in the park with all the other guests who’d decided to awake early and yet again was off on a photo and videoing session!
    The only ride I rode before meeting up with Ann was Splash Mountain as she won’t ride it! There was no queue and I decided to ride it a couple of times: The first time round I took a load of photos and the second, I filmed the entire ride including the last drop! It was now time to head back to the front of the park and meet up with Ann. The clouds had cleared by now giving us a hot and sunny day. Our first port of call was TomorrowLand. The park wasn’t too busy and we were able to ride the TTA followed by CoP, Space Mountain and Buzz – all without the need for FPs!
    Our lunch for the day was over at the Contemporary and Chef Mickey’s. We had a 12pm ADR and it was fairly quiet allowing us time to relax, eat and meet Mickey and his gang! Lunch over and a browse through the stores and a little retail therapy it was back over to MK. We saw a PhotoPass guy taking pictures in front of Main Street Station and decided to have ours done only for his camera to break! He was very good though and took a load on Ann’s camera which have turned out really well. [MK will be the next photos I am going to sort and will have them uploaded later today!]. We headed straight up Main Street towards FantasyLand. Once there, we first got FPs for Peter Pan’s Flight. These were for a lot later in the day – 5.55pm-6.55pm!
    Since the queue time for the Pooh ride was only 20 minutes, we waited in line for that and once done headed on over to Snow White followed by Mickey’s PhilharMagic. This is my favourite 3D show in WDW! A little shopping was done on after the show buying up some of the Donald merchandise! Once we sorted having that shipped back to the BC, we went and rode IASW and then wondered round to The Haunted Mansion. Again the park was busy but we were literally able to walk straight on to the ride. We both agree that we love the improvements they’ve made to HM – especially the Staircase scene!
    After grabbing a bottle of water – we loved the dining plan and not having to pay for any food while in WDW! – we waited for the next showing of The Hall of Presidents. [It was nice to be inside and the AC!]. After working our way through the stores we wondered round to AdvntureLand where we first watched the remaining part of Pirate training followed by a ride on PotC, the Jungle Cruise and then The Tiki Rooms. We were now getting hungry again and headed back to FantasyLand, rode PPF and once done made our way to Casey’s Corner for a Hotdog – yummy! We found a spot just outside Exposition Hall on the kerb side where we sat and ate and waited for SpectroMagic to start. After Spectro finished, we headed up to near Partner’s Statue and found a spot to watch Wishes.
    The fireworks are always good to watch and a great way to end a day in a park! It was now time to follow everyone else to the front of the parks and to the buses back to our resort.
    Rich

Friday 26th September – Day 5.

Today was to be a relaxing day with most of it spent at Blizzard Beach. There is certainly an advantage of having 3 weeks in WDW – It gives you time to chill, unwind, take things slow and enjoy the water parks!
    There was no need to be up really early as the park didn’t open until 10am. We were there shortly after 10am and found a good spot before going for a swim in the wave pool. It was another glorious day and we spent more time than we thought we would at Blizzard Beach enjoying the swimming, the lazy river (I can’t do the water slides anymore due to my bad back) and soaking up the sun. Needless to say Ann got a little burnt – but no way near as bad as back in 2006! We ended up back at the BC around 3.30pm. We showered and freshened up, managed to speak and catch up with Melis on the phone before heading on out to The ESPN Club on Boardwalk for dinner.
    After a great meal we went into Epcot (don’t you just love staying right next to a theme park!) as it was evening EMHs. We first stumbled across a display all about 25 years of Epcot which we had a good look round. Then, after the usual stroll through Mouse Gear (spending some Money), we headed to the front of the park and rode SSE. We then worked our way round Future World in a clockwise direction staring with Mission: SPACE (Ellen’s was closed) and then Test Track. We didn’t get to ride Test Track though as this was also closed for the rest of the evening with technical difficulties!
    We then crossed over and cleared up in The Seas, The Land and Imagination Pavilions! While in The Land Pavilion we were on the lookout for Jeanne but it wouldn’t be until later in our trip we’d catch up with her! It was just after 11pm and had started to rain a little and since we’d done all we wanted to do, we walked back round to International Gateway and the BC. Tomorrow we’d be back in The Animal Kingdom meeting up with some friends and fellow DWT members as it was the day of The Expedition Everest Challenge...
    Rich

Incase you missed it, I'll post a link to the photos (so far) again!!

peterpan1972 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Rich

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast