Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rich & Ann's American Adventure '08 - TRIP REPORT... in the Vacation Planning forums; Now to look at the MK ones and sort through them and get some uploaded for you all to see!...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Now to look at the MK ones and sort through them and get some uploaded for you all to see!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great report Rich.

Just looked at all of the photos, those are great.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 10-20-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    More great TR Rich!. Glad you all were having a good time at this point in the trip. Can't wait to read more!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Incase you missed it, I'll post a link to the photos (so far) again!!

peterpan1972 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    your pics are so organized, . Loved trying to find some of those Hidden Mickeys and I saw some food photos on there, if you find time maybe you can post them on the food thread
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

No more writting today... I'm currently uploading some of our 1,700 MK photos!
    Rich

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Can't wait to see the pic's Rich!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great pics, Rich! Thank goodness Disney doesn't charge you for each pic you take. Your holiday would cost twice as much.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    More please, more, more, more.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Our PhotoPass CDs arrived last week - Yay!!!
    Rich

I see that the last day I posted was day 5!...

Let's see about getting a whole load more days up:
    Rich

Saturday 27th September – Day 6.

Saturday was already here and it was the day we met up with fellow DWT members over at Animal Kingdom. Mandy (pinktink918), Colin & Paul (summersun) were meeting us at the BC at 9am and so I duly set of to the lobby before this time to look for them. After a short while, Paul & I met up and he called Mandy to see where they were... They were outside our room: We must have passed in the large hotel somehow as there were a few routes you could take to our room!
    Paul drove us to AK and it wasn’t long before we were there. Once in the park and after having a few photos taken, we headed straight over to EE. It was fairly quiet and so we decided to get FPs anyway for use later and wait in line to ride now! I don’t think we even queued 10 minutes before we were on the ride. It is a great ride and I still have to get round to scanning the photo we bought and mail a copy off to various people!
    After EE we headed over to Africa. Along the way spotted De Vine and stopped to take a few photos before heading up to Kilimanjaro Safaris. Again the queue wasn’t long and we waited in line. We had a good Safari seeing many animals including having to stop for several giraffes who were in the track ahead of us. We were having a good time and laughing a lot and decided it was time to get wet!
    So, it was back across to Asia and on to Kali River Rapids. Paul and Ann didn’t come with us and looked after our bags. The three of us came off the ride soaked to the skin – but it was a warm and overcast day and we dried out eventually! To dry off it was time to use our FPs on EE – not that we dried off that much but we still enjoyed the ride! We got to the front of the ride and spotted Don (MainstreetUSA) who was about to ride too. Don waited for us to ride and we all chatted and caught up with one another.
    Getting hungry, we headed off to the Flame Tree BBQ where we’d eventually meet up with some fellow DWTers. We did the right thing and found some seats easily in the raised up section. As we ate, we spotted some fellow DWTers and called them over and they sat with us – but unfortunately had longer to wait for their food as the Flame Tree had become busy! I apologise now if I miss any names out, but we met up with, amongst others: Virginia, Val, Lori, Lou and Pat.
    We had a great chat and lots of photos were taken. The only downside was we were on a tight schedule having an ADR for Boma later. We bid our farewells to people and the five of us and Don headed off to watch ITTBAB followed by the next showing of FotLK. On our way to Camp Minnie-Mickey, Paul and Mandy pointed out to us the stone dragon waterfall feature. (Apparently I didn’t know until then that there was originally going to be a dragon themed land in AK. The dragon appears on many signs – something I had never spotted before until then!). We finished our day in Animal Kingdom by watching Nemo.
    Back out of the park we bid a fond farewell to Don and Paul drove us back to the BC. Once there, we swapped cars and Mandy drove us over to the AKL as they were joining us for dinner at Boma. We had a wonderful buffet meal which we all thoroughly enjoyed.
    Mandy drove us back to the BC where we landed around 7pm. Ann and I decided to have a swim and do some laundry which was located right next to the pool (handy thing!). After our swim, it was back to our room to unwind and chill out for the rest of the evening.
    Rich

Sunday 28th September – Day 7.

Enjoying our time staying at the BC, we had a lay in on this day as were heading off to The Disney Studios where there was evening EMH. Up and ready to go, we headed off to the lighthouse where we caught the boat over to DHS. Once in the park and under the gaze of the Florida sun, we looked at the times guide and spotted that there was a showing of Indiana due to start. So that’s where we headed first! This show is looking a little dated (in my opinion) but we still see it every visit to WDW. After Indiana, we crossed over to watch MV3D. This was then followed by having our photo taken with Lightning McQueen and Mater.
    We then strolled up The Streets of America and headed for the Sci-Fi Dine-In where our lunch time ADR was at 1pm. Fed and watered and after an excellent meal we decided to find a spot on Hollywood Boulevard to watch the Block and Party Bash. While waiting, I wondered off to take a few photos. Heading back from RnRC and ToT, I bumped into Lou and Val and there other halves! We had a good chat and after taking a group photo of them – which I still need to email off – I wandered back to where Ann was sat.
    Block and Party Bash was awesome with some great music – just a shame you couldn’t buy it anywhere! As the street cleared we headed over to the GMR and this was going to be followed by Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream but this closed at 3pm! The queue for TSM was too long and there were no FPs left for the day and so we continued along and went on The Backlot Tour instead. We did this ride but we both feel that it has been ruined since LMA has been built and half the attraction doesn’t exist anymore!
    Our timing was perfect and there was a shoeing of BatB due to start and so we headed off to watch that. This was followed by riding RnRC and ToT before heading up in to The Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre to watch the evening showing of Fantasmic. It is always a popular show and we love watching it very much. After Fantasmic, we rode RnRC again but during the ride I hurt my back. We were sat in the last car and as I thought the ride was going to go one way, it went the other! After the ride we sat and had a snack to eat at Rosie’s Cafe before deciding to call it a night and head back to the BC to rest my back. On the way out, we took some night photos and finally left the park just after 10pm.
    Back at the BC, I took my pills and went straight to bed hoping that I’d be fine the following morning...
    Rich

Monday 29th September – Day 8.

Luckily a good nights’ sleep is all I needed and I was fine in the morning! It was late EMH at MK today and just to give my back a little more time, we set off just before 10am. The bus journey to MK takes just under 20 minutes and it wasn’t long before we were there, through security and into the park. First we boarded a train at Main Street Station and headed round to Mickey’s Toontown Fair. We had a look around the various houses and into the Judges Tent but decided against joining the long queues to have our picture taken with the various Disney Princesses!
    After Toontown, we hit FantasyLand and rode The Pooh ride followed by watching Mickey’s PhilharMagic. After looking round the adjoin store, we got FPs for PPF and then rode IASW. The worse thing possible happened during this ride: The ride stopped while we were in the last room and had to endure the song quite a few times before the boats started moving again! Checking our watches we found we had a little time before our lunch ADR at The Liberty Tree Tavern and so headed down to HM.
    Once done there, we checked in at the LTT and it wasn’t long before we were seated. I had the Pot Roast Which I highly recommend to anyone! I had a wonderful desert too but I can’t remember what I ate now – We ate so much while we were there! Lunch over we chilled out around Liberty Square before picking a spot to watch the parade near the bridge opposite Sleepy Hollow. Parade over, we fought our way against the crowd following it and headed into The Hall of Presidents to cool down relax and watch the next showing. This was then followed by HM again and PPF.
    I had never seen the Flag Retreat and so we made our way to the front of the park – through the shops on Main Street and watched this from upstairs on the Station. Once over we headed up to the castle to watch the 5.35pm showing of Dream Along With Mickey. This is yet another show I would like the music for but in all the parks and at DTD there weren’t any CDs of ‘Park Music’ on sale – none at all?!
    To kill a little time before SpectroMagic and Wishes, we had a ride all the way around the park on the train starting and ending at Main Street Station. Once back there, we grabbed a couple of chairs and rested for the next hour. Since it was EMH after the parade and fireworks we fought our way against the mass of people leaving and headed for TomorrowLand. Our first port of call was to get FPs for Buzz before grabbing a quick snack and drink in the Starlight Cafe.
    Ready to go again we headed for FantasyLand and rode Snow White followed by Mickey’s Phil and IASW. While moving about the park we had various photos taken using our PhotoPass card. Making our way back to TomorrowLand and after a ride on Buzz we made our way out of the park taking more photos as we went down Main Street. It was 11.45pm when we left the park and gone midnight when we crashed back at the BC! All in all another great day in The Magic Kingdom – just a shame the sun didn’t shine for us and take the humidity away! But, hey, you can’t have everything!
    Rich

Tuesday 30th September – Day 9.

After a few hours sleep I was up early and in Epcot a little after 8am! This time I had no photos or filming I especially wanted to do so it was straight round to The Land Pavilion and a ride on Soarin’. As I was leaving the Pavilion, I was handed a FP by a fellow visitor and since it was due to be used very soon after, I headed back in and queued again! Once done, it was straight across to Mission: SPACE which I also rode twice in a row – something not highly recommended if you don’t have anything to eat first thing in the morning!
    Moving on to the next pavilion, I rode Test Track before heading back to International Gateway to meet Ann. When I passed earlier, the line to meet and have you r photos taken with the characters was very short and so we made our way there... 45 minutes later, we had finished queuing and been photographed with Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Donald and Pluto! When leaving the building, we were handed our second YOAMD prize – Epcot Dream FPs for the day! Since the park wasn’t that busy and I had already been on the major rides, we decided to keep them as souvenirs of our visit!
    We were both thirsty and grabbed a coke in the Electric Umbrella before taking a ride on SSE. We were also both hungry and thought that if we turned up at Le Cellier 20 minutes early for our ADR they’d be able to seat us... In the end we were seated 30 minutes late – typical! Ann wasn’t feeling 100% and it was left to me to eat the huge burger which I ordered followed by yet another scrumptious dessert!
    After lunch and after resting, we thought it best if Ann go and rest while I head of around the Showcase armed with a camera and Handycam! I started in Canada followed by Mexico and worked my way round to France and finally the UK. On my way round I did have my photo taken with Mulan (China) and later Belle & Beast (France) who all sent well wishes to Ann!
    I gave IllumiNations a miss that night and headed back to the resort. The sun had finally decided to show itself late in the day and Ann joined me at the pool while I had a swim. Once freshened up, we went to The Market Place to buy a few snacks and also the postcards we were to send. The rest of the evening was spent editing PhotoPass photos and writing cards before calling it a night!
    Rich

Wed & Thur 01st & 02nd October – Day 10/11.

Today and the next were our only two days break from WDW and we headed up to Universal. Again the weather was kind to us and we were treated to two beautiful hot days.
    On the Wednesday, we headed to Universal Studios and rode such rides as The Mummy, Jaws, MIB, The New Simpsons Ride, Shrek 4D, Twister and a few more. The Simpsons ride is great and uses the same technology, cars and screen that was used in Back to the Future. After a great day looking round the park and through the shops, we were back on our way to the BC at 5.15pm. We then freshened up and headed out for more retail therapy at DTD. We spent a good couple of ours there buying gifts for ourselves, friend and family. We also decided; since we love the place, to eat at The Earl of Sandwich – You can never go wrong eating there! After all that we headed on back to the BC
    On the Thursday it was back to Universal Orlando area and we hit Islands of Adventures. This park is great for rides and coasters. We rode sides such as Hulk, Duelling Dragons, Spiderman, Jurassic Park and many more! IofA will be the home of the New Potter land when it is finished in a few years time. Unfortunately we couldn’t see much apart from the construction of what looked like a large warehouse which will house the Wizzarding World. After IofA, we had a look round the shops on City Walk before heading back to the parking area and our ride back to the BC. After freshening up we went down to the Lobby and waited for Virginia to pick us up.
    For the evening, we were treated to a night of food and entertainment at V’s home. After a short ride it wasn’t long before we were pulling onto their drive. We had a fantastic evening with V and Harry – They are such wonderful people! We were well fed with grilled chicken & salad followed by a delicious chocolate dessert. After dinner we played bowling and a few other games on their Wii. It was such a fun night even if Ann was suffering from a cold. We said our fond farewells to Harry and V drove us back to the BC – Not before she medicated Ann up with various things for her cold! So – Thanks to V and Harry again for a wonderful evening in their lovely home!
    Rich

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast