Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Just got back from the world 10/11-10/17 in the Vacation Planning forums; We just got back last night from a 1200 mile drive from Walt Disney World. We stayed at the POFQ. My family and I love the planning and geting ready, ...
    MICKEYDUDE is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Just got back from the world 10/11-10/17

We just got back last night from a 1200 mile drive from Walt Disney World. We stayed at the POFQ. My family and I love the planning and geting ready, we hate to come home. I always feel so depressed. We go to Branson, MO (which we love) but we never feel this way. I guess we have too much fun. It really just takes getting back into life to take care of that.

I think the thing I like the most about WDW and staying on property is that you get away from every day life. I personally shut off my phone and computer and only check my phone every other day. I always tell everyone who care where I will be going and that I will be too busy to respond.

I will do this in a few posts over the next few days otherwise I could write 10 pages if I could.

Resort: POFQ

We stayed in building 5, room 5324 looking out to the river. The room was much bigger than I expected, since we had stayed in the Wilderness Lodge 2 years ago, I expected them to be much smaller. It obviosly is not a Deluxe resort, but it was still very nice. We did not have much of a problem getting to the pool, or food. The parking was a bit of a walk but not to bad. The only problem was the transportation. We first decided to drive to the Magic Kingdom, but with everything it took about 40 minutes to get into the park from our hotel. Then we started to park at the Polynesian and take the Monorail over to the park. I know we are not suppose to do this but it really worked out great.

The resort was very quiet compared to the WL and POLY, but in some way too quiet. I liked the one buiding surrounding a lobby design. This resort would be very nice for a family or newly Weds. The swimming pool is great, it was a bit windy to swim most days my children loved it.

The food in the food court was not all that bad, it was a bit congested, but the cheeseburgers and breakfasts were hot and the pizza was not bad either. I have read a lot of reviews about how bad the food in the food court is, but we did not find it to be as bad as those reviews. The chocolate chip cookies were great, they made waffles and other foods while you wait.

Dining Package
    Dinner Choices

10/11 - Kona Cafe
    10/12 - Liberty Tree Tavern
    10/13 - LeCellier
    10/14 - Cinerella Royal Table - Breakfast
    50's Prime Time - Dinner

I will go over the food and the parks in another post.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Hello and welcome!

Great start too - Can't wait to hear more!

We have also just got back from WDW too - we stayed over at The Beach Club and during the course of our stay, we also ate at Le Cellier, Liberty Tree Tavern and 50s prime Time!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We may have run into each other Trickster. I stayed in the BCV.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Was going to ask how big the crowds were, but just realized that by this time tomorrow night I'll have found out for myself.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I agree! Coming home hurts SO bad. And other vacations just don't compare. I love going to the beach but there is no comparison with WDW. I just booked a package for January yesterday so I'm looking forward to reading your trip report to get pumped up for our trip.

Welcome home with wonderful new memories. Maybe another trip is just around the corner.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can't wait to hear more! When we go in December, we will be dining at Liberty Tree Tavern and 50's Prime Time Cafe - I am curious as to what you thought of those, as I've never been there.
    ~Ashleigh

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sounds good so far. Now I have two trip reports to read while I wait not so patiently for my trip in 25 days! lol. Can't wait to read more!
    Tiffany~šoš ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Can't wait for the next part...

We like POFQ as well. I miss hearing the hoves of the horses from the carriages in the evening going through the resort.

I always get a bit sentimental every time we leave the world. Just think of the happy memories from your stay. That gets me to smile a bit.

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

MICKEYDUDE is offline A-Ticket holder

Our Trip Food Reviews

Sorry for the delay, when we got back I had to jump back into reallity fast with a Monday morning 8:30am meeting. That was great.

Well here I am going to review our restaurants choices. I listen to other podcasts and read other boards and I hear and see a lot of bad experiences with Disney dining. But I am here to tell you we enjoyed every meal. I would not say there were not problems but overall they were great.

Kona Cafe - We ate here the first night. We only waited about 10 minutes for a 5:40pm ADR. I will say the service started out terrible. We waited at least 15 minutes for someone to even come over to our table. After a 1200 mile trip and 2 hungrey children this was not a good start. At a side note in a very busy retaurant and they way it is set up my 5 and 7 year old decided to fight about where they were going to sit. In a very loud fashion. Ok, I would say the restaurant was not the greatest set up for nice dinning. Somewhat loud and open. As for the service, she was ok at best. Very slow and not very attentive. It seemed people around us were being served faster then us. To sum the service up, you felt as if you did not ask for everything when she finally showed up you would wait another 15 minutes before you even saw her again.

I had Beef Teriyaki - 10-oz sirloin strip, grilled with pineapple teriyaki glaze, mashed Yukon Gold potatoes, and stir-fried broccoli florets. This was very good. It had a sweet taste and the steak was done just the way I liked it. I would give it a 7/10.

Wife: Slow-Roasted Prime Rib - Served with mashed potatoes, and stir-fried broccoli florets. She did not like the meat at all. I would say it did not look good either. I looked as if it sat around a long time.

On another side, I noticed a guy next to us had the chicken and it looked tough and overcooked.

Deserts: We had the Kilauea Torte - which was awsome. I can not tell you how good this was.

Finally, try the coffee it is great. I have had Kona coffee before, but this is to die for.

Liberty Tree Tavern: We have been here before and loved it, and I would say it was every bit as good this time. The dinner included the following: Declaration Salad: tossed mixed greens, served with strawberry vinaigrette dressing. Patriot's Platter: roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and smoked pork loin, with mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing, and Stouffer's macaroni & cheese.

We went here on my daughters 5th birthday and they were great. They sang her happy birthday and it seemed as if the characters spent a little extra time with her. Which did'nt make my 7 year old real happy, but she survived. Also, there server was great and very attentive.

The food was again very good. The beef was the best by far. The food came out very warm and tasted great.

Out of time. I will come back with the other later.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I'm glad that you had a good dinner at LTT, we are eating there this time for the first time. Sorry you didn't have a good dinner at the Kona Cafe. Can't wait to hear more!
    Tiffany~šoš ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View