Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss 4 Hours only @ Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; I delivered a load right outside of Kissimmee Friday and had a couple hours to kill before I had to be in Plant City that night. So I decided to ...
    Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

4 Hours only @ Disney

I delivered a load right outside of Kissimmee Friday and had a couple hours to kill before I had to be in Plant City that night. So I decided to got to DD to go check out the new Dinosaur restaurant. After spending an hour finding a place to drop the trailer, I drove over to DD and got a parking place. I parked way out because I had to leave the rig running because of my Co Pilot ( DOG)had to be kept cool. While walking across parking lot I stopped a Security SUV and asked why so many cars and people. It seems there was someone big at HOB and the record company store was having some sort ridiculous cheap sale and it was packed. I told him I was coming back for a week in Jan and was it worth the crowd seeing I wanted to eat there.. He thought be better to wait to enjoy it seeing I had so short of time.

SOOO I went to AK paid my parking, and parked right up front, and walked right in and was promptly seated at RainForest Cafe. I had the Shrimp, Steak and Ribs combo. Man it was good and what I didn't eat the pooch ate the rest. It was about 5 pm about now and since my annual is expired I decided not to lose 3 months by buying a new one and my wife's pass being out of sync with mine. I decided to drive over to Epcot and since I already paid for parking I parked up front with the buses do and caught the Monorail to TTC.
    From TTC I rode the monorail to MK then caught the resort monorail. Then caught the monorail back to Epcot that rides you through the front of Epcot . Then rode the bus to OKW to check out where we will be staying in Jan.
    I had wanted to go to check out Boardwalk but with the pooch I didn't want to leave him alone over an hour.
    So I got a little quick fix till I go back for a week in Jan. I didn't go in but memories of the Wife and I on Test Track and SSE and Nemo and especially a spot the monorail passes over were we took a pic on our Honeymoon coming up on 25 years was special.
    Best 50 bucks I spent in a long time.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Cool - that sounds like a great little mini-trip! I also think it's great that you bring your dog along with you. I bet it makes those long trips more enjoyable!
    ~Ashleigh

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    What a sweet adventure! It is amazing what you remember and feel when strolling alone in WDW.

A year ago I brought my son down for the College Program. We went a few days early to spend some time together. The day he was inducted, I waved good-bye around 1pm as the Cast Bus took him away and took a cab back to the FC. Since I wasn't flying out until the next morning I marched downstairs added another day to my pass and hit Epcot and MGM. Dined at German, so not really alone. Strolled along remembering adventures we had over the years together at WDW and the 3 days we just spent together. MGM opened when my son was 2 so 18 yrs of memories to reflect on. As I wandered around I kept thinking of the adventures we had together or with his DS, and DH. It was an afternoon of happy remembrances of when my family was young. I think my adventure cost me around $l00.00. Worth every penny.

Glad you splurged the $50.00, it does the heart good. Would encourage everyone to drop in if you find yourself in the area alone for even a short while.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    What a wonderful way to spend a few hours!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    What's amazing to me is that you can have that much Disney fun without actually setting foot in one of the parks. Thanks for the story!
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I guess you've found a way to get a bit of magic till you can get the real thing in January. Very creative.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Cool - that sounds like a great little mini-trip! I also think it's great that you bring your dog along with you. I bet it makes those long trips more enjoyable!
    When you can wake/keep him up!!! He got a regular schedule he keeps. Sleep till noon..eat..naps on the way home..eat...and stop every 2 hrs to mark territory if you know what I mean. SPOILED ROTTEN.