Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MK Family Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Riley turned three this summer and was gifted with an all expense paid trip to the Magic Kingdom courtesy of my father, his grandfather. Given that his birthday is in ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

MK Family Trip Report

Riley turned three this summer and was gifted with an all expense paid trip to the Magic Kingdom courtesy of my father, his grandfather. Given that his birthday is in June and none of us can tolerate crowds and heat (unless, in my dad’s case, it is for the sake of a sporting event) we decided to postpone the trip until the first weekend in November. In attendance were myself (Meg), my son (Riley, 3), my youngest brother (Ben, 21) my stepbrother (Tommy, 10), My father (Chris) and my Stepmother (Carol)

We planned to leave at 7 which meant we were on the road by 8…and making our first rest stop at 8:15….and again at 8:33…traveling with a potty trainer is a pain in the tushy. Actually traveling with a toddler, bladder capacity aside, is a pain in the tushy. Toddlers are the moodiest, most temperamental, little people. Their entire make-up is designed around driving their parents nuts. So the entire 2 hour ride down to Disney Riley alternately wined, cried, grumbled, and begged. Meanwhile I listened to the Three Tenors and tried to find my happy place.

After arriving on property we headed first to All Stars Sports to check in. I was hoping to get our room key and drop off our luggage so that come nap time we could proceed directly to our room without passing go (collecting the 200 would be nice though….) Much to my surprise my room was ready upon arrival so we were able to set our bags down and potty in privacy before hitting the parks (we were in Hoops 2164).

We grabbed a quick breakfast sequel at the food court (the bagel from much earlier was no longer sticking to the ribs) and the whole fambly loaded up on a bus bound for the Magic Kingdom . Riley loves all things Disney transportation and would be perfectly happy if we did nothing all day but ride the bus, trams, and monorails.

The Magic Kingdom was still dressed in its Halloween best and we enjoyed taking in the decorations on Main Street . We rode the teacups first (no wait) and then hopped into a very short line for the Speedway . Riley rode with my Dad and enjoyed trying to bump into Mommy and Uncle Ben one car ahead. After the ride Riley was given a drivers license which he held up high for everyone to see while declaring “I am a cwazy dwiver”.

The big kids were ready for some Space Mountain so I took Riley on TTA and to visit Buzz Lightyear while they rode – I then swapped places with my dad and stepmother and rode along with my brothers. My stomach is not what it use to be and I got off the ride a slight bit greener about the gills than I started. We rode Buzz next as a family (my Dad’s new favorite ride) then headed over to BTMR for a fast pass.

Riley measured 41” at his last doctors appointment and we really built up a lot of excitement over the fact that he would be allowed to ride BTMR for the very first time…alas it was not to be as he didn’t quite measure up. Either their sign is tall or my doctor cannot take measurements (which is a little worrisome). Riley and I hung out at the Laughing Place while everyone else rode. I was disappointed as it is my most favoritist ride, but was somewhat comforted by the fact that I will be able to ride it multiple times in January (hehehe).

After BTMR we took in Country Bears (always a favorite) and then headed over to the Haunted Mansion . So there I was, minding my own business, head leaning back against the headrest, eyes closed, enjoying the cool darkness of the ride, when out of nowhere something bit/ stung me hard in the middle of my right bicep.

As an equestrian I have broken almost every bone in my body and not cried for most of them, I went through 23 hours of induced labor with no drugs, I live with chronic migraines, in other words I have a very high pain tolerance…but this darn bug about dropped me to my knees. I felt electric shocks through my entire body followed by an intense stabbing pain in my arm. I yelled out some choice phrases, thus startling my son and embarrassing myself. By the time we got out of the ride my bicep was swollen to twice its actual size and was bright red in color. Seeing as God gave me arms merely for decoration and I am incapable of building muscle definition it was actually kind of cool to have a little arm muscle for once…but not so cool as to distract me from the pain. I am still not sure what bit me but I am choosing to say it was a wasp, because the alternative (a spider) is simply unacceptable. Four days later my arm is still red and hot to the touch and the bite site is turning a greenish purple which is a little troubling…on the upside the feeling has returned to my fingers.

After my bite incident we decided to return to the hotel for a nap. So Riley and I boarded the bus while the rest of the family headed off to the Boardwalk to watch the Florida-Georgia game. Ri wined and complained about not being tired for about an hour at the hotel before passing out for the better part of two snore filled hours. After we woke up we met the rest of the family back at MK and decided to start in Adventureland. We rode Pirates first, which Riley loved and wanted to go on again right away. We rejoined the queue and made it about half way through the line before Riley screamed, turned north, and ran like a bat out of heck to get back outside. We have no idea what spooked him but there was no way he was going back. We decided to calm him down with the ever cheerful Tiki Birds instead.

After Tiki Birds My dad, carol, and ben decided to call it a day leaving Tommy, Riley, and myself to enjoy the Magic Carpets. After the Carpets we caught most of Spectro Magic ( I love this parade) and all of Wishes (so romantic given the right company). After Wishes we cut through to Fantasy Land and were first in line for Peter Pan when it reopened. From there we did Small World, The Carousel, and Dumbo. It was now after 10pm and the boys were tired and hungry so we grabbed a quick bite at Caseys and headed back to the hotel for a good nights rest.

Time changed that night and I was so excited to wake up and find that it was 6:30 (which felt like 7:30 or about 2 hours later than I normally ever get to sleep in). We grabbed breakfast at the food court and then headed over to the arcade where I had promised the boys they could play for a bit. The arcade was still locked because as it turns out my cell phone had not automatically updated the time and we really did wake up super early afterall. After the arcade did open I gave the boys each ten dollars and let them go nuts for a while. We then loaded up on a bus to DTD and browsed the shops for a couple hours. I let each of the boys pick out a pin and fill a bag of candy before heading back to the hotel.

We changed into our bathing suits and hopped into the pool only to be informed that it was closed indefinitely. ( I have no idea why - - -I am not going to think about it). We were ushered over to the Music pool instead and splashed about for an hour or so.

Riley was sad that we never got to go on the choo-choo in the sky (the monorail) so we ended our visit by taking the monorail from Epcot to the MK and back.

Both boys slept soundly all the way home and I had to slap and pinch my cheeks to stay awake
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sounds like a very fun trip! So sorry about that bug bite. YIKES! Glad you have feeling in your fingers now. How sweet to have a "cwazy dwiver" in the family.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    What the heck?! That is some weird bug bite story!

P.S. You'll be able to ride BTMRR if you come sans bébé next month.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Its gonna be great when Ri is older and he gets to read these reports, he'll be so proud we all got to know how often he needed the potty breaks LOL!!!
    Great report Meg, hope your arm is all back to normal real soon x
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

Re: MK Family Trip Report

Stuck in colorado til tommorow...missing home so I'm rereading old trip reports! I think they call this self soothing?
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.