Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaymie's WDW Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Oh my gosh!!! And your animation drawings are fabulous!! Soo cool! I had no idea you could do that there! Though I'm sure mine would not have turned out as ...
    eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oh my gosh!!! And your animation drawings are fabulous!! Soo cool! I had no idea you could do that there! Though I'm sure mine would not have turned out as well. I would love to have tried! And how cute to see Wall-E!!!! I haven't been to the parks since he was out, I love him! Btw, your Gianna is sooo beautiful!

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Great photos, Jaymie! I love that sign with the Mickey watch too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Oh my gosh!!! And your animation drawings are fabulous!! Soo cool! I had no idea you could do that there! Though I'm sure mine would not have turned out as well. I would love to have tried! And how cute to see Wall-E!!!! I haven't been to the parks since he was out, I love him! Btw, your Gianna is sooo beautiful!
    It's not as hard as it seems and they go over each step with you. I think you'd do better than you think. The MoDA is one of my favorite places in the whole world! Thank you!!!!!
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    [QUOTE=jaymie;766782]Thanks Dar! I can't wait to see the photos you are going to take!

Me too! I hope they will be almost as good as your Jaymie. All I can do is try....LOL.

Your children are so photogenic. Love the Pirates pictures. The black & white came out great. I love to do the different colors on the photo's.
    Last edited by zeusywoo; 01-06-2009 at 05:59 PM.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! My favorite place in all the parks!

We did it like 6 times in a row. We have so many drawings, it's not even funny!

You did terrific! Gianna did as well! I love yours!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

[quote=zeusywoo;767050]
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymie View Post
    Thanks Dar! I can't wait to see the photos you are going to take!

Me too! I hope they will be almost as good as your Jaymie. All I can do is try....LOL.

Your children are so photogenic. Love the Pirates pictures. The black & white came out great. I love to do the different colors on the photo's.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by emabee View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! My favorite place in all the parks!

We did it like 6 times in a row. We have so many drawings, it's not even funny!

You did terrific! Gianna did as well! I love yours!

Why thank you, thank you very much!
    - Jaymie

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow, Im really enjoying your report! I just started reading it like last night, and since im in college i have to kind of read it in spurts, lol, but its awesome! Your kids are gorgeous! And let me jsut tell you, you take some of the most beautiful pictures of the World that I have ever seen! Your shots definately rival some professional Disney photographers! Keep it up!!!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

Quote Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
    wow, Im really enjoying your report! I just started reading it like last night, and since im in college i have to kind of read it in spurts, lol, but its awesome! Your kids are gorgeous! And let me jsut tell you, you take some of the most beautiful pictures of the World that I have ever seen! Your shots definately rival some professional Disney photographers! Keep it up!!!
    Thanks! Someday I'll have that Disney Photographer job and my life will be complete! Thank you for all of your nice comments!
    - Jaymie

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    you are most welcome! And I beleive in you, you will be a Disney Photographer one day, just as I will eventually be President of Walt Disney World Resort (Hey! At least I have goals, right?)
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

Day 9: Venturing out to Sea World

Typically we spend 1 or 2 days enjoying other parks when we come to WDW. We usually hit Islands of Adventure and Sea World. This year, due to the fact that is was so pricey ($275 for 4 of us!) to spend only one day in a park, we decided to forgo IoA and just hit Sea World. Another factor in skipping IoA was the more grown-up feel of the park. We decided that we would all enjoy Sea World much better as a family.

Being the planner that I am, I decided a couple of days in advance to check with the Conceirge at AKL to see how we might get to Sea World. He suggested that we take a Mears Shuttle and stated that he would arrange everything and call our room later with the details. How nice!

We had breakfast at Boma and hurried outside to meet our Shuttle. But there was no shuttle for us. There was a bus that was going to Sea World and a few other destinations for a price of $16 per person, and there were taxis. We were told to take the bus, but it didn't sound appealing. There would be other stops to pick up passengers and drop off passengers. We would never get to Sea World!

After talking with one of the taxi drivers, we found out that it would be around $30 for our whole family to ride to Sea World non stop. I was purely amazed! Not only was this information not available at the front desk but the valets and coordinators seemed clueless as well! How can this be?
    I made a mental note to discuss this further with the front desk later this evening and hopped into the cab.

We reached our destination rather quickly and started to walk to the front gates. On our way we noticed an automated ticketing machine. How handy! We payed for our tickets and headed straight up to the entrance.

Once inside we headed to feed the sting rays. Ean didn't want to touch the fish or put his hand in the water, but Gianna was game!

Afterwards we went to feed the Dolphins. There was a little bit of a wait before the next feeding time so we went to the underwater viewing area to see the dolphins swim while we waited.

Of course when Isabella finally decided to wander up to the glass there were no dolphins in sight!

When it was time we went up to feed the dolphins. Again, Ean wanted no part of the fish or the feeding and Gianna was right up front ready to go!

After feeding the dolphins we went to catch the Blue Horizons show. It was really good! Definately the best dolphin show I'd ever seen at Sea World.

When the show ended we went to ride Journey to Atlantis. Isabella and I went to see the aquarium inside of the gift shop while we waited for Alfredo and the kids to come back.

It's really neat how there are fish above your head and below your feet!

- Jaymie

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Once again Jaymie they are beautiful. The colors are wonderful. Sea World has certainly changed since I was there in 1998. Thanks for sharing.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

After checking out the fishes we went outside to see if we could see them come down the big drop. I just kept taking pictures of every boat that went down and deleting them until I got the right one! LOL!

Then it was my turn! This is one of my favorite rides. Gianna was pretty scared the first time so she passed on the second ride. Ean and I made our way to the front of the line for rider swap.

After getting soaked on Journey to Atlantis we headed over to see the penguins. I kept waiting for them to break into song. LOL!

After the penguins, Gianna spotted a trampoline attraction and decided that she wanted to give it a try. We were skeptical, but she had been so brave about the fish and feeding the animals that we paid for her to give it a try. She got strapped in and walked out onto the trampoline only to change her mind and start crying. Oh, the drama! We got our money back and went on our way.

We came across the seals and sea lions and Gianna and Alfredo decided to feed them. I've never seen their eyes up close before. Kind of creepy.

Gianna had to throw the fish fast because there were some seriously hungry birds around that were trying to get some fish too. Here is one of them.

It was almost time for Shamu's show, so we headed toward the stadium. It was quite full when we arrived so we sat way up top. Good thing I brought my zoom lens! It wasn't the best Shamu show that I've seen. It was more about the relationship between the trainers and the animals. Not as many cool tricks as I'm used to.

After the show, we headed over to Shark Encounter. On the way we saw the Clydesdales parade by.

The kids really liked going through the tunnel with sharks overhead.

Then it was off to feed the sharks! Watch your fingers! Actually you just kind of throw the fish at them.

- Jaymie

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    neat! I hadn't been to Sea world since 97, wow has it changed!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

After feeding the sharks we headed over to the carnival games. Gianna won a purple monkey!

The kids really had fun with the games. Afterwards we headed over to Shamu's Happy Harbor.

This is where they had the best time! Every ride was sized just for them and they could ride everything together. I think we spent 2 hours just in this area. The first thing they rode was the carousel.

Next up was the Shamu Express roller coaster. They rode this about 5 times in a row. There was no line and they even sat up front once.

Afterwards they took a turn on the Flying Fiddler, a bouncing crab ride.

Isabella wanted to ride that one!

The next one was called Ocean Commotion. They rode this one 3 times.

Afterwards was the Jazzy Jellies. They weren't too impressed with this one.

This is my favorite picture! My kids were not fighting like they normally do and they were having the time of their lives, together!

They rode the Shamu Express one last time and then we headed toward the park exit. On the way we stopped to see the orcas underwater. This is one of my favorite viewing areas. I'm always in awe of how big these whales are!

Afterwards we headed out of the park and grabbed another taxi back to the AKL. We spent the rest of the evening eating at the Mara and kicking back at the pool.

Up Next: Our last day!
    - Jaymie

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    That looks like a neat place for kids!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Day 10: A trip through DVC and one last evening at the Magic Kingdom

The plan for our last full day at WDW was to spend a couple of hours in the morning touring the DVC facility, heading to DTD for some last minute shopping and then spending our last evening at the Magic Kingdom.

We hopped in our special DVC van and headed to Saratoga Springs to check out the DVC for ourselves. Let's just say that being in the DVC is now one of my goals in life. Unfortunately for us right now it's not possible to have the extra payment each month but someday we'll be able to do it. The kids had fun in the DVC playroom and we all enjoyed their ice cream parlor afterwards. All in all it was a rather enjoyable experience!

The DVC driver dropped us off at DTD and we headed off to do some last minute shopping. The kids had fun at the lego store and each got to fill their own buckets full of legos to take home.

Isabella gave Mickey and Minnie hugs and kisses at the pin trading shop.

After shopping, Ean and Gianna decided that they would rather spend their last night at the AKL pool then go to the Magic Kingdom. I was a bit disappointed with their decision, but after all, it was their vacation too! I was not going to spend my last night at the pool when I could go to the Magic Kingdom, so Alfredo took Ean and Gianna to the hotel and I took Isabella with me to MK. I wanted to take her to see Mickey's and Minnie's houses as we had missed most of Toontown before. I was also looking forward to spending time at MK with someone who would not object to me stopping every two minutes and taking loads of photos!

We hopped a bus to the Contemporary Resort and rode the Monorail to MK. Let's just say that handling a stroller and an 18 month old alone getting on and off the bus was a task indeed! I don't think I'll be repeating that feat any time soon!

We arrived at the MK and I took a few photos of the entrance.

I had read many times on these boards how the top of the train station is a great place to photograph the castle, so I took my opportunity to do so!

There were some interesting old picture viewers in the train station that I'd never seen before either!

We left the train station and headed down Main Street. I stopped to get some photos of Roy and Minnie and the dedication plaques.

Afterwards, it was off to the central hub to grab photos of the two halloween statues that I had missed. I may have posted the other two previously but I'm going to post them all here together.

Of course I had to get some shots of the partners statue! It was a little crowded due to the show that was currently on in front of the castle.

When I had taken my photos, we headed off to Toontown Fair. We had to head around the side of the castle because of the show so of course I had to snap a few shots of the castle from the side!

We trekked through Fantasyland and into Toontown Fair.

- Jaymie

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast