Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaymie's WDW Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Can't wait to read the rest!...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Can't wait to read the rest!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    Day 2: DHS (part 2)

The kids seemed to enjoy the Backlot Tour. Gianna did get a little upset at Catastrophe Canyon. I think she really thought the water was going to get her! LOL! I of course took a ton of pictures. I think I like the prop warehouse and the Villians display better than the ride itself. Walt's airplane was cool. I don't remember seeing that on previous trips.

Some photoshop fun!

After the Backlot Tour we headed over to Lights Motors Action. We were sitting way up in the stands which gave an interesting view of the park. This was the first time we'd ever seen the show, the kids loved all of the flying car stunts.

After following the herd out of the stands we headed to Mama Melrose's for lunch. The food was great and Isabella napped through the whole meal which gave us time to sit and enjoy. I had the steak with gorgonzola butter on roasted red pepper polenta, grilled asparagus and red wine reduction. OMG it was great! The warm chocolate truffle cake wasn't to shabby either, but surprisingly it wasn't as good as the steak!

We finished eating and wandered around Muppet Vision 3D while I took a bunch of photos. We decided against watching the movie as Isabella had woken up from her nap and was rather restless to walk and not sit in the stroller. There was no way she was going to sit through a movie.

Gianna got an Ariel tattoo. She was very proud of it!

The kids and I rode Star Tours while Alfredo and Isabella wandered around outside. I think they liked the queue more than the ride. Gianna was rather frightened of all the sudden movements. For once, I did not get motion sickness on the ride which was a nice bonus!

We walked on towards Indiana Jones where told the kids to pull the rope. We passed on the show due to the loud noises and an anxious toddler and continued on to the gift shop where Ean admired the toy guns and Indiana Jones hats.

I'm getting rather tired of scrolling up and down to add pictures so I'm going to start a new post for part 3.
    Last edited by jaymie; 11-20-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Awesome update.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymie View Post

Here are a few pictures of the room:

Here is an odd question, the white material behind the headboard, is that mosquito netting? Can you wrap it around the bed somehow or is purely decorative?

I think it was purely decorative. There was nothing to wrap it around really. LOL, I didn't even think about that and I was in the room!
    - Jaymie

Day 2: DHS (part 3)

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah, we then headed across to Pixar Place and waited 45 minutes to ride Toy Story Mania. The queue was great! The kids had so much fun looking at the giant toys, they didn't get too restless. When we passed Mr. Potato Head I noticed that there was a lamp and a ball like in Luxo Jr. Pretty Cool. I'm sure there was a lot more that I missed while trying to corral kids. I'll have to take a close look at my pictures!

After Toy Story Mania we walked past the Narnia attraction. I wanted to go in and check it out but I was vetoed! What's up with that! I wouldn't take no for an answer when it came to One Man's Dream though. To my surprise, Ean really enjoyed the attraction, even the movie.

We then grabbed some snacks and headed up Sunset to watch Fantasmic. I got some great shots of ToT at sunset along the way.

Isabella was scared of the loud noises again. I could tell this was going to be a problem because I love my night time shows! The show was great as usual. Gianna especially loved the princess boats. After the show ended we waited a few minutes for the crowds to thin out and headed out of the park. I snapped a few night time shots along the way and we caught the bus back to the hotel to get some rest.

Last edited by jaymie; 11-07-2008 at 01:31 AM.
    - Jaymie

Hopefully I can start on day 3 tomorrow. See ya real soon!
    - Jaymie

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great update and as usual great pictures!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    With reading your posts I'm getting even more excited about our trip in June. Plus we have a new camera for this trip & hope to get pics as nice a yours.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Jaymie this trip report is awesome. The kids are gorgeous and you all seem to be having a grand time. Can't wait to read more.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    This is absolutely wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymie View Post
    Hello all, I've finally gotten around to starting my trip report. It's been almost two months since we came back. I was inspired by Trickster's wonderful report to get my rear in gear so to speak! So here it is. It might take a while to finish as I'm only on day 5 of 10 editing pictures but I'll start it up.
    LOL and thanks!

But - Thank you for sharing your wonderful report and photos with us!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I'm looking forward to reading the next part too!

Also - I just love the colours in the ToT photos - They're awesome!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Great update and as usual great pictures!
    Thanks Tiff!

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    With reading your posts I'm getting even more excited about our trip in June. Plus we have a new camera for this trip & hope to get pics as nice a yours.
    How fun! I hope you have a great trip and share your pics with us! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Jaymie this trip report is awesome. The kids are gorgeous and you all seem to be having a grand time. Can't wait to read more.
    Thank you, we did have a wonderful time and can't wait to go back!

Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    This is absolutely wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    LOL and thanks!

But - Thank you for sharing your wonderful report and photos with us!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    I'm looking forward to reading the next part too!

Also - I just love the colours in the ToT photos - They're awesome!
    Thanks for inspiring me! And thanks for the great comments! I have so many photos though I might have to take a tip from you and post the photobucket links!
    - Jaymie

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    I'm hooked! Keep 'em coming, girl!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast