Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaymie's WDW Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Thanks girl! I'm trying! LOL, it's a lot of work!...
    jaymie is offline You can fly!
    Thanks girl! I'm trying! LOL, it's a lot of work!
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Jaymie, the report and pics are great, your kids are adorable. Lucky you to get a coplimentary upgrade I'll have to remember to ask for that next time. Love the pics of AKL, I"ve never been there, so it's a treat to see it. Sounds like you've had a wonderful time so far, looking forward to the rest of the report
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Day 3: Magic Kingdom (part 1)

With Gianna in her princess dress and Isabella in her Minnie dress, we took a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then rode the Monorail to the Contemporary for our ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We were quite a bit early and had to wait for a while to be seated. We had our family picture taken and took a seat in the lobby. Gianna practiced her princess wave while Isabella patiently (LOL!) waited to see Mickey and Minnie.

We were seated pretty quickly and soon had plates full of yummy food. I liked Goofy's veggie lasagna the best. Ean was in Mickey waffle heaven! Soon the characters came and the kids had fun getting pictures with them.

Ean was happy to see Goofy!

Mickey even got a kiss from Isabella.

Mickey then came around to do a dance with all of the kids. They were waving napkins and jumping up and down and having a great time. Then came the CM with the family photos..........I wasn't sure why they took family photos at the beginning, I thought maybe it was part of the meal. Well, I was wrong. They wanted like $40 bucks for a 6x8 and 4-4x6's. Of course I bought them because I loved the photo of my whole family but for a girl who has worked at the Costco 1-hour photo for 15 years where 4x6's are $.17 and 8x10's are $1.39, this was a bit much! That's where they get you I guess! I haven't scanned the picture into my computer yet, sorry!
    Sigh......................Ok, on to more fun!

After breakfast we wandered around the Contemporary for a few so I could take some pictures since I'd never been there.

Then it was back on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

More of day 3 to come............................tears, laughter and head banging to IASW! Tune in!!!!!
    - Jaymie

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymie View Post

More of day 3 to come............................tears, laughter and head banging to IASW! Tune in!!!!!
    That was a great princess wave! I can't wait to hear about head banging to IASW!

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jaymie, these are SO fun to read and to see your pics! It makes me feel as excited as if I were there myself. Thanks so much for these reports!!!! Highlight of my work day!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    That was a great princess wave! I can't wait to hear about head banging to IASW!
    I want to try to post a link to the video of it but I'm having trouble getting them uploaded!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Jaymie, these are SO fun to read and to see your pics! It makes me feel as excited as if I were there myself. Thanks so much for these reports!!!! Highlight of my work day!
    Awww, thanks for the nice compliments! I'm glad to make your day a little brighter!
    - Jaymie

Day 3: Magic Kingdom (part 2)

After passing through security, I took some time to take a few pictures of the Halloween decorations at the entrance and on Main Street. Not too much time though, Ean and Gianna were ready to make a bee-line for Splash Mountain!

We headed through Adventureland, stopping only for a minute while Ean ran through the Liki Tikis.

Alfredo and the kids hopped in line for Splash Mountain while I grabbed my rider swap pass and headed to the Laughin' Place playground with Isabella. I knew this time the ride would not be closing down before I got to ride it! Isabella had a great time playing around the playground and after a while we decided to head towards the gift shop to wait in the air-conditioning. On our way to the giftshop we spotted Goofy and decided to wait in line to see him. Right as we got to the front of the line, Alfredo and the kids showed up and Gianna got to give Goofy a hug. Isabella was not going to stand alone with Goofy for me to snap a photo!

Poor Goofy! He looks so dejected!

Finally, it was my turn to ride! Ean and I headed through the fastpass line stopping to take only a million pictures on the way! (he he I didn't have anyone telling me to hurry up!)

We were seated in the front of the boat, I thought "oh boy, my camera's going to be soaked!", and off we went! Gianna, Alfredo and Isabella were on hand to wish us a happy journey!

LOL! I hope you guys like Splash Mountain!

Here we go!!!!!

Gianna had a 1:00 appointment at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique so we headed through Frontierland to Fantasyland. On the way Ean was sent to the barracks and Princess Gianna was asked for her autograph!

Wow, this is getting long and we haven't even gotten to the tears and headbanging yet!
    I think it's time to make a "part 3". TTFN!
    - Jaymie

Day 3: Magic Kingdom (part 3)

The girls and I headed to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique while the boys headed off to ride Thunder Mountain. As we entered the salon, Gianna decided that she didn't really want her hair done (something she had been talking about and waiting for for months!). I decided that she was getting it done and the super patient and lovely Fairy Godmothers in training set about trying to help convince her that she would have a great time.

Well, she wasn't budging.

They finally convinced her to just get her nails painted and make-up put on. Then they engaged her in conversation while the other started her hair. Those sneaky Fairy Godmothers! I love em!

They sprinkled Isabella with some pixie dust while she was waiting for sister to get done-up.

Hey, what is this stuff?

Well, it took her a few minutes to realize what was happening and when they were almost finished she started to cry and throw a fit. Not very befitting of a princess to be sure! Ahhhh, the memories!

The two most wonderful Fairy Godmothers in the castle!

After paying, listening to Gianna throw a fit and Isabella start crying, I was in need of some pixie dust. One of the nice Fairy Godmothers sprinkled my head with some. (I wanted to ask if there was a margarita fairy, but decided that we needed to get out of there pronto!)

We went outside and saw that the real Fairy Godmother had just exited the Castle for her meet and greet time. We went over to see her and were the only ones for about 5 minutes. She was great! She noticed that Gianna was crying and in a wonderful Fairy Godmother voice said, "Why, what's wrong princess, why are you crying?"

Gianna decided that she was ok and let her give her a big hug and posed for a few photos with her. I'll never forget the Fairy Godmother helping my little princess forget her tears! Pure Disney magic!

We bid goodbye to the Fairy Godmother and I took some photos of the mosaics while we waited for Alfredo and Ean to return.

They still weren't around and we had a good 40 minutes before our ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table, so I decided that Gianna, Isabella and I were going on a princess photo shoot around the castle. I think I took over 100 photos in a 20 minute period! I got some great shots though!

In our travels around the castle we discovered the Cinderella wishing well, something we had never seen before.

I showed Gianna the Cinderella fountain and if you looked at her the right way she had the crown on her head.

- Jaymie

We went back to the boutique and saw Alfredo and Ean walking towards us. Ean decided to try to pull the Sword in the Stone.

We still had 25 minutes to wait so we decided to ride IASW since there was only a 5 minute wait. Isabella absolutely LOVES It's a Small World. She was just mesmerized at first and then toward the end of the ride she got into the song and started head banging to the music. That's right, my child head bangs to IASW! Rock on girlfriend! Rock on! Here's the link to the video! YouTube - j But for now, all you get is 1000 pictures of IASW. OK! Stop the screaming! You know you love it too, don't lie.

We came out of IASW to pouring rain. It was a quick run to Cinderella's Royal Table and we soon were inside and relatively dry. While waiting to be called to our table, Gianna and Isabella met Cinderella and got some photos taken. Well, Gianna got photos taken, Isabella wanted nothing to do with that!

While waiting, the girls got magic wands and Ean recieved a sword, and I got to take pictures of the waiting area! I know, I get excited about the weirdest things. If you haven't noticed already, I love to take pictures of everything.

Our table was finally ready and we were ushered up a spiral staircase into the dining room. We were seated and proceeded to look over the menu. I ordered the Major Domo's favorite beef pie. It was excellent! Then came the princesses! They all came around to the table at least once and talked to the kids and posed for pictures. Gianna was in heaven! She got to meet all of her favorite princesses, except for Ariel.

I of course, had to take some photos of the dining room area.

They kids then did a wishing ceremony where they waved thier wands and swords around and made a wish. Then the deserts arrived. I had a chocolate buckle which was rather tasty and the kids and hubby had crown sundaes. They sure looked good too!

More to come as day 3 continues!!! Next up.........flying with elephants, shooting aliens and Wishes!
    Last edited by jaymie; 11-20-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    - Jaymie

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Can't wait to read more! Great Photos and report!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    More excellent reading and fabulous photos!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    head bangin' to iasw! That's my girl!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    You know the iasw photos are my favorite!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

LOL! I knew they would be!
    - Jaymie

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Oh the kids look they are having so much fun even poor Gianna at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Glad she got through it ok.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast