Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaymie's WDW Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello all, I've finally gotten around to starting my trip report. It's been almost two months since we came back. I was inspired by Trickster's wonderful report to get my ...
    jaymie is offline You can fly!

Jaymie's WDW Trip Report

Hello all, I've finally gotten around to starting my trip report. It's been almost two months since we came back. I was inspired by Trickster's wonderful report to get my rear in gear so to speak! So here it is. It might take a while to finish as I'm only on day 5 of 10 editing pictures but I'll start it up.
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

Day 1 (Part 1): Fun at Airports and Welcome Home!

After squeezing myself, my hubby, the three kids (Ean(7), Gianna(4) and Isabella(18 mos)) and all of our copious amounts of luggage into my mom's Pacifica, we were off to DIA (that's Denver International Airport for you non-Coloradans). We actually booked a red-eye flight that left at 1 am mountain time. I hoped that mean't that the kids would sleep the whole time. They stayed awake in the car and in the airport and dozed off soon after the flight took off. The plan worked! The only drawback, I couldn't sleep at all with DD#2 in my lap. We had an hour and a half layover in Atlanta which we spent eating breakfast and letting the kid's run around and burn off some energy. We boarded our second flight and the youngest slept again, and yet again, I didn't catch a wink. I was so excited to be finally going back to WDW that it didn't seem to phase me, much.....it had been 4 years since our last trip!

We arrived at the Orlando airport and easily found the desk for Magical Express. We grabbed our tickets from the Cast Member and headed to the line for Animal Kingdom Lodge. All of the other resort lines were quite full, but we were the first in our line. I assumed this meant that we had just missed the bus and would be waiting for a bit. I was very wrong! Our bus arrived about 2 minutes later and we were on our way! This was my first experience with Magical Express and I was quite pleased! The bus ride was short and after a quick stop at Pop Century we arrived at AKL. I had never stayed at a deluxe resort and was extremely excited. The first thing I saw after getting off the bus and walking toward the entrance was a sign that said "Welcome Home". That said it all for me, I was finally back home where I belonged, at WDW!

Sorry the picture is kind of blurry, I took it with my Blackberry.

We proceeded inside to the majestic lobby and I got in line while hubby and the kids waited and watched cartoons. Hubby pointed out a hidden Mickey. Can you spot it? It took me a minute, but then again I was going on no sleep!

At the counter I remembered that my travel agent had suggested that I ask if they had any complimentary upgrades. Well, they did, and we were upgraded from a standard room with a view of the parking lot to a savanah view room! The only probelm was that our room would not be ready until 3pm. I had actually planned for this though and packed swimsuits and extra clothes for everyone in our carry-on, so we headed out to spend the day at the pool. The Ean and Gianna had a great time on the slide while Isabella and I relaxed at the poolside bar while I took a million photos.

After spending a few hours at the pool we headed to the Mara for lunch. Can I just say how much I love the dining plan! We actually booked our plan with free dining, but I would definitely pay for it in future visits. I love how the kids meals come on Mickey shaped plates. I think that the adult meals should as well! Just a suggestion. After we finished our meal we called the front desk and found out that our room was ready. By this time we were all exhausted and were glad to have beds to climb into for a nap. When we arrived at the room we were surprised by a very clever towel sculpture. The best one I've ever seen in fact.

Here are a few pictures of the room:

Here are some pictures of the view from our room. They were taken on a different day but I thought they seemed more in place here!

We all took a nap to get ready for our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern.
    Last edited by jaymie; 11-20-2008 at 03:18 PM.
    - Jaymie

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thank you for sharing the resort looks beautiful. You take wonderful pictures. Looking forward to more.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Day 1 (Part 2): Liberty Tree Tavern

We woke up around 6pm and got dressed and ready to head over to MK for our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. As we entered the park and started walking down Mainstreet with Cinderella Castle before us, the feelings of nostalgia got the best of me and I had to choke back tears as Gianna excitedly pointed and said "Look Mom, the Castle!". We made it to LTT just in time for our reservation and didn't have to wait long for our table.
    The characters were great and the kids had a great time playing with them. Chip was goofing around with a couple at the next table and the cast members were pretending that he was in trouble and shut him in the closet. The food was good, I especially liked the roast beef. The desert was fantastic, warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream!

Here are a few videos of Liberty Tree Tavern.

YouTube - j

YouTube - j

As we were leaving the restaurant, Spectromagic was already halfway done, so we decided to skip it and headed to Adventureland. We walked right on to PoTC and the kids and I rode the Magic Carpets. There was no line so after the first ride Isabella and I hopped off and Ean and Gianna got to ride 3 more times without getting off. I don't have any photos of this unfortunately, just video. Here is the link to the Magic Carpets video and a video of Isabella's face on POTC. Enjoy!

YouTube - j

YouTube - j

We decided to forego Wishes for another night and head over to Splash Mountain. There was a 10 minute wait so we grabbed a rider swap pass and Alfredo(hubby), Ean and Gianna went to ride while Isabella and headed over to the Laughing Place playground. I had just taken her out of her stroller and set her down when Wishes started. The noise of the fireworks scared her so instead of playing she just clung to my leg. We decided to go and wait in the Splash Mountain gift shop where it would be quieter. Hubby and the kids came out and Ean and I rushed over to the beginning of the line only to find that it was closed for the night. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed as Splash Mountain is my favorite ride. My disappointment faded fast as we walked past Cinderella Castle and headed down Mainstreet, I came to the realization that all in all it had been a rather perfect 1st day. We headed back to AKL for a good nights rest.

I'll try to work on Day 2 tomorrow. I'm liking this re-living of my trip, except that it makes me home sick for WDW. I think I just need to move there.
    Last edited by jaymie; 11-20-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    - Jaymie

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    you've got beautiful kids and some beautiful pictures Jaymie. Great trip report so far.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    Very nice work. You're making me "home"sick too.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Thank you for sharing the resort looks beautiful. You take wonderful pictures. Looking forward to more.
    Thank you! I'll work on getting you more today.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    you've got beautiful kids and some beautiful pictures Jaymie. Great trip report so far.
    Thanks DinsneyDreamer13!

Quote Originally Posted by thokecin View Post
    Very nice work. You're making me "home"sick too.
    Awww, well maybe we all just need to move there!
    - Jaymie

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    Awesome trip report. I'm loving it! And living vicariosly through you. Sigh...only 6+ more months.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Awsome Jaymie! Can't wait to read more! This will make my last few days go by fast. Thanks so much! And beautiful pictures!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great report, Jaymie!! I love reading these!!! I also love seeing the pics and your children really are beautiful! Thanks for sharing this trip with us!

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Thanks for sharing your Trip with us Jaymie..................You have a beautiful family ....................& I,m looking forward to hearing more & seeing your photos ...............Thats the only thing I miss now all my family are all grown-up & have their own familys......................having them with us in our favourite place

I Belle
    Maggie

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Good first day Jaymie. Can't wait for your second day.

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You have beautiful kids. Love the new update & the pics.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Thanks everyone! I'll work on some more tonight.
    - Jaymie

Day 2: Disney's Hollywood Studios (part 1)

After a good nights sleep, everyone got ready (not an easy feat with 3 kids) and headed to the Mara to grab some breakfast before heading off to DHS for the day. We fueled up, grabbed a bus and were in the Studios around 9:30 am. After snapping a couple of shots of the Sorcerer Mickey Hat, we headed up Sunset Blvd to ride Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster.

I snapped a few shots on my way down the street, but hubby and the kids were in a hurry to ride Tower of Terror so I grabbed my rider swap ticket and took off to snap more photos with Isabella while they waited in the queue. The wait time was about 20 minutes so I had plenty of time to wander down the street and back up into the HTH gift shop to wait and snap even more shots.

Since

Gianna came out of the ride scared and upset, so it was just Ean and I rounding the corner and heading up the fastpass queue. I snapped some photos while in the queue. I was dissapointed not to see the "evil tower u r doomed" letters in the marquee that I had read about here in the "secrets of WDW" thread. Ean and I had a blast on the ride though and returned to join the others.

Ean and Alfredo then headed to Rockin' Roller Coaster while I took the girls to see Beauty and the Beast. We had a great time and I got some good shots of the show. It has allways been one of my faves!

After the show let out, we met up with the boys and headed to catch Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Gianna was in heaven and sang "Part of Your World" along with Ariel. Here is a video of her singing. It's funny that she didn't start to sing until she saw that she was on camera. Silly Girl! YouTube - j Again no photos of VotLM only video.

We left VotLM and headed to Pixar Place. The line for Toy Story Mania was too long so we decided to come back to it later in the day and head for the Studio Backlot Tour. Ean and Gianna stopped at the giant misting Coke bottle to cool off.

Well, guys I'm pooped. I'll post the rest of day 2 tomorrow. TTFN!!!
    Last edited by jaymie; 11-20-2008 at 03:53 PM.
    - Jaymie

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast