Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Facing Fears 'Rockin' Rollercoaster' in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey guys, Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum... This is a paper I did for my writing class and it's my High school placemet paper. ...
    Mollyoftheday is offline B-Ticket Holder

Facing Fears 'Rockin' Rollercoaster'

Hey guys, Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum...

This is a paper I did for my writing class and it's my High school placemet paper. xP The topic is facing fears and since I'm on such a disney kick Rockin' Rollercoaster came to mind XD Enjoy it:

The Terror in Rock and Roll
    Fears stand in ones way like walls that are made of brick and tower into the sky. Itís a great barrier to face and there are only two options that the unsuspecting victim can take. You either find away around it, or face it head on. There are pros and cons to both of the solutions but Iíve found that standing your ground to challenge the menacing creature we call fear, usually leads to a better outcome and also comes with the ecstatic feeling of triumph when itís over and done. Fears torment everyone in this world. The real test is which path you take.

I didnít think that something in Disney World could seem so terrible to me, but I was standing in front of something that struck fear through my entire body. A giant guitar stood like a flashing light, directing people to the thrill ride that is Rock ní Roller coaster starring Aerosmith. It was an indoor roller coaster; so of course I couldnít really see the ride, but still the adobe clay colored painted building was a frightening sight to my eyes anyway because I knew what it held inside. Today, I would defeat this monster, or so I hoped. There was always a chanced Iíd chicken out. My mom guided me into the line, which was pretty long and a relief to me that I had some time. As we got into the building, the sound of rock and roll music came through speakers on the walls. Never in my life, had Aerosmith sounded like horror music but now it suddenly did. We got into a small dark room where a large group of people shuffled in and a movie began to play. Honestly, I didnít pay too much attention because I was already shaking with worry and anxiety. Afterwards, We all made our way to the loading area which was themed after an alley like that you would find in a big city. Now the sound was clear. The cars were loaded and then driven around a corner. They came to a slow stop and then, the part I was dreading came. The carís would lurch forward and rocket into the dark tunnel to the rest of the ride, echoing screams into the room it left behind. I had read in books that the ride went from zero to sixty miles per hour in seconds and had three loops. My stomach knotted as the next car took off followed by the screams of visiting Disney patrons and the line moved a bit more towards my awaiting doom. We finally reached the line and the woman directed us to a line and soon a roller coaster car styled like a limousine came to a stop in front of us. We loaded up and I could hear more loud Aerosmith music in my ears from a speaker on the back of my seat. We rounded the corner that I had seen so many go around before and in my headphones, a voice counted down. 3Ö2Ö1! The roller coaster, and myself, were off like a spaceship. All the air was knocked out of me as we sped through a dimly lit tunnel. Soon we were enveloped in darkness. Neon signs flew past my eyes as I struggled to read them at the speed we were going. The music blasted into my eardrum adding to the climatic experience. It seemed to be over in seconds and soon we pulled to a stop. My heart raced with adrenaline that hadnít since the ride started went away, but a smile that wouldnít leave my face for the rest of the day held firmly to my lips.

Fear is an undeniable factor in the lives of humans. Itís there even when you donít welcome it or engage with it. How it affects you depends on whether you embrace or avoid it. Whether your faced with a menacing roller coaster or something more difficult, you always have to keep on Rockiní and Rolliní and keep on facing your fears.

Critique or anything? Keep in mind, It's a first draft and I wrote it in about 45 minutes. :P It's pretty corny in some places too.. >.> XD

Thanks,
    Molly
    M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I like it!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's great! Good work!
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

Mollyoftheday is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thank you both
    M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E