Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss I'm going to Disney!!! I have a question though... in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone My boyfriend and I just booked our trip last night, we're going in May!! I'm actually not supposed to know, but he's never been before so...he needed some ...
    Disney*Princess is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm going to Disney!!! I have a question though...

Hey everyone My boyfriend and I just booked our trip last night, we're going in May!! I'm actually not supposed to know, but he's never been before so...he needed some guidance lol. The CM asked him if it was anyone's first visit, and he said it was his (this will be my 8th visit) and she made a note on our reservation. So my question is...will they do something special for him? she said he's going to get a button or something, but can't those just be picked up at Town Hall or other spots at the other parks? Also, we did the buy 4 days get 3 free...and I read on mousesavers that theres a AAA discount for rooms....the CM apparently didn't know anything about this....am I crazy that I thought I read that or should we call back and see if someone else knows about that discount?

Thanks
    Engaged at Port Orleans Riverside
    June 9, 2009

Getting married July 30, 2011

Disney Store CM

chavez705 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am a guy that was in a very similar situation with my fiance 2 years ago. When it was my first time (at the age of 27) the hotel was also made aware. Nothing special was done for me other than the CM at the desk congratulated me and said to make sure and pick up my "First Time" Button at Town Hall. However, when I got my button ALL of the cast members would mention it and try to do special little things that made our stay more magical. Although if you are one of those people like my fiance who "just get it" then your excitement and planing will help make for an unforgettable trip anyway.
    Charter D23 Member
    #1 Dec. 2006 - Grand Floridian
    #2 Dec. 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    #3 Dec. 2008 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
    #4 Dec. 2009 - Boardwalk Inn
    #5 ?? WDW ?? DL ??

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Yes, AAA usually does have a discount on rooms but I'm not sure how it would work combined with the 4 days/3 free plan. I would call Disney back and they should know about the AAA deal, I've had many instances when I call them that I get a different answer each time I call about things. If they still don't know about it then I would call AAA and ask them what the deal is. As far as 1st timer goes, I only know of the pin and then whatever magic you get by wearing the pin.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I don't think you can combine discounts. I could be wrong but I read that somewhere. I also called and asked how this works if someone has an AP. The CM I spoke to said it didn't but that if one person had an AP, you could buy the nonexpiration for that ticket. Still doesn't help- I won't be able to go. But it sure if fun dreaming!

Disney*Princess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks guys. The CM who my boyfriend talked too didn't explain to him whether or not the deals could be combined or not....then again....she didn't know about the 4 days/3 free plan...I think I might get him to call back once just to see...it's worth the shot...and have someone actually say to us that no they can't be combined. And yes I thought it was just the button, but hey, it's better than nothing lol
    Engaged at Port Orleans Riverside
    June 9, 2009

Getting married July 30, 2011

Disney Store CM