Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW Donna's November 2008 Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; So how depressed am I to be sitting here back in snow covered Ontario, Canada when I was in record breaking heat 48 hours ago at WDW!!! Our family trip ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

WDW Donna's November 2008 Trip Report

So how depressed am I to be sitting here back in snow covered Ontario, Canada when I was in record breaking heat 48 hours ago at WDW!!!

Our family trip was wonderful. We arrived at the All Star Music resort on November 9th after 22 hours of driving. (not straight through, we stopped Saturday night and made it for lunch at Hooters in Daytona at 1pm Sunday)
    We ended up in building 4 which is the Rock Inn. I rather enjoyed it, this was our first visit to the All Star Music resort. The piano pool was open the day we arrived but was scheduled to be closed the next day for some rehab. It was quite a walk to Melody Hall but I didn't really mind - it was nice and quiet where we were. I think this is my favourite of the All Star Resorts.

I was going to type a novel, but I will be sitting forever at the computer and I still have suitcases to empty and clothes to wash. So here is an abbreviated version.

Day 1 - Breakfast at Ohana's (loved it), walked around the Poly then off to . DD6 loved Pirates of the Carrabean and the Tiki Room. DD12 loves the Haunted Mansion and Aladdin's Magic Carpets. She rode Space Mountain for first time, she wanted to ride all the "mountains" in MK. Stayed all day then for the Christmas Party that night. Worth every penny!!!!!

Day 2 - . Wore my new WDW Trivia tank top hoping to run into any members. Didn't though Busiest of the parks I found. Got a fastpass for the new Toy Story ride right away. DD6 got to meet Handy Manny and two of the Little Einstiens which made her day. DD12 did Tower of Terror for first time was scared but loved it. Went back to resort around 5pm and relaxed and swam.

Day 3 -. Rode Soarin for first time (this trip was about doing things we hadn't before, that is why all the 'first times') DD6 wanted to get right back on so we got a fast pass for later. Wandered over to Nemo, didn't see Turtle Talk but loved the attraction. Then the kids each had a and then DH wanted to go into his favourite gift shop before we went to World Showcase. As I was walking around near the candy I looked up and thought I recognized the guest walking towards me, I looked at the golf shirt and saw the WDW Radio Show logo and realized it was Lou! So I said "Lou?" He looked a little surprised as I tried to introduce myself as a WDWTrivia member and that it was a pleasure to meet him. I tend to babble. He said he was 'working' (yeah, right Lou - we believe you) It really made my day, I didn't think I would actually run into anyone since WDW is so huge. What are the chances! I kicked myself for not wearing the WDWTrivia shirt that day. Oh well.

OK, this trip report to be continued, gotta go get groceries!
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 11-18-2008 at 11:01 AM.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    That was way condensed Donna! So cool that you got to meet Lou, we bumped into him at AK two years ago. It is freaky since the World is a big place, what are the odds!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    It is freaky since the World is a big place, what are the odds!
    Haven't you forgotten the truth that it actually is a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all...

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I'm back to continue on with my report.

We left the gift shop in Future World and decided to head over to World Showcase after we picked up a fast pass for Test Track. We took the little used side walkway that goes from the Test Track area and meets up with the main walkway to World Showcase. (this was also DH's idea to take this walkway since he didn't want to walk all the way over to the main one.) Well the Dream Team were waiting and we received Mickey Ears!!! It was really cool, and again another first for us. We had never seen the Dream Team at work before.
    We started at Mexico and travelled around WS. DH picked up a Fiesta Margarita for the trip. When we arrived at the Gateway to the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club we went over to the ESPN Club for lunch. We strolled around there for awhile (and remenised about our 1994 wedding at the Y&B Club Resort) then back through to EPCOT to finish off World Showcase. We stopped in Canada - of course- and watched the new movie featuring Martin Short. I must say it was excellent and a welcome change to the one that was there before, EH!
    We went back to Soarin then over to Test Track. Unfortunately just as we got all the way through to the lineup to get on the cars it started to rain and the ride came to a standstill. Now this is kind of funny because in the last few years my DH has tried to get on Test Track and each of the three times he has lined up for it, it has stopped before we can get on. He does have medical condition that we were never sure whether he should ride TT or not. Now I am convinced the Man Upstairs is telling him DON'T. It was really pouring so we went back to the resort and out to the Olive Garden for dinner.

Day 4 - Downtown Disney day. Just a day to shop and pick up some souvineers. Then to the Hoop-De-Doo for dinner. This was the girls' first visit there and they loved it. I even got to embarass my DH for his 40th birthday. Six Bits was coming up the stairs looking for birthdays just as my DD and I were back from the washroom and I pointed my DH out. The food was amazing, I haven't been to the Hoop-De-Doo in 15 years. Unfortunately I over endulged and was sick later that night. (of course it could have been one too many Sangrias also)

Day 5 - . We started our day at the AK visiting Kilimanjaro Safaries first as usual then strolled down to Camp Minnie Mickey for Festival of the Lion King. I wrangled seats on the end of a section at the front hoping the girls would get picked to be in the show, and they were! They had a great time with the performers and playing the instruments. We got some great pictures. After the show we got some pictures and autographs with characters outside then went back to the MK. DD12 finished her quest for riding the MK mountains by going on Splash Mountain. We caught the 3pm parade right as we got off the ride, then headed over to the Jungle Cruise since we missed it the first day. Then to Pirates for a 3rd time. DD6 just loved this ride. We strolled through the rest of the park and picked up some last minute gifts, then back to the resort to pack and watch the last night launch of the Space Shuttle. I was really hoping to see the shuttle go up, but we had to resort to watching it on TV because it clouded up and started to rain right before the shuttle was ready to go - and wouldn't you know it, ten minutes after the shuttle went up it started to clear and we could see stars and planes. UGH!

Days 6 & 7 consist of leaving WDW and driving home to Cambridge, Ontario Canada. I did have Lou's Audio Guide that he so graciously gave me to lisiten to and relive our visit at least to Main Street.

Donna
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 11-18-2008 at 11:05 AM.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna View Post
    We stopped in Canada - of course- and watched the new movie featuring Martin Short. I must say it was excellent and a welcome change to the one that was there before, EH!
    Big improvement, eh?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Sorry I missed out on meeting you and your family while you were in town. I'm usually up for a quick trip to any of the parks. I think it may be easier to "run into Lou" than it is to meet up with him.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for sharing your report! Love reading them!

We really have to make sure we check out the new film in Canada. It'sbeen about two years since we last visted (the pavilion - not Canada - lots of good friends in Vancouver ).
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel