Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Heatherhy01's Pre & Post Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; My family and I have been itching to get to Disney since our last trip was in 2005. When I had heard the announcement of the buy 4 nights, get ...
    heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Heatherhy01's Pre & Post Trip Report

My family and I have been itching to get to Disney since our last trip was in 2005. When I had heard the announcement of the buy 4 nights, get 3 free, it seemed like the perfect time to take advantage. I spoke to my Mother In Law and started getting prices. I got a price quote through Disney via online, I spoke to a Disney agent on the phone and I called AAA. Triple A had the best price and was able to get the best airfare, so we had decided to go with them.

The problem was who was going to go??? My husband did not have enough vacation saved up and my Father in Law was not really interested, so began the GIRLS ONLY trip which consists of myself, my Mother In Law-Terri, and my beautiful daughters-Alexandra-10 and Savannah-5. The children are not aware of this as of yet. This will be the best Christmas present that they have ever received!!!

So we are flying out of Philadelphia, Pa on March 24th at 10:53 am to arrive in Orlando at 1:29 PM. We have booked a room at the Port Orleans French Quarter. We have never stayed there before, we usually always do a value resort, but this time, we thought it would be a nice change, also, it was not much more than the value resorts with the dicount! We have aquired Magic Your Way tickets plus Dining for 7 days with the Park Hopper option.

I just have a few of the minor details to work out and then we will be well on our way!!! DISNEY WORLD.......Here we come!!!

Will anyone else be going around this time? What is the weather usually like? Will my kids be able to take advantage of the pool? Has anyone else stayed at the French Quarter? What did you think???

I will keep filling all of you in on the details as they come!!! Thanks in advance for all advice!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    French Quarter is my absolute favorite resort. Its small and the theming is fantastic.

I hope you have a great trip!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    How exciting, time to start booking restaurants for the Dinig plan. Which ones are you thinking of?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

This trip, I had wanted to try different restaurants besides the usual that we always do such as....Sci Fi, Tony's, Chef Mickey's

Some of the places that I would like to check out are The Crystal Palace, Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Cafe, The Hoop Dee Doo Review. These are just some of the ones that I found interesting.

If anyone has any tips, pointers or favorites of their own, please let me know. I will take any advice given.

I will let all of you know what our decided choices are when we are ready to make our ADR's!

Thanks,

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    How exciting!! I'm so happy for you! I have been around that time and the weather is perfect - you and your fam will be able to make great use of the pool!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    If you haven't gone to Whispering Canyon, that is a very fun place. And we also like 50s Prime Time (if you can get a reservation, lunch is a bit easier). I have stayed at POFQ but only for one night. We will stay there again at Christmas. I may have more of an opinion after that. We did enjoy the pool! It was fun.

I have never been to Whispering Canyon. We did go to Prime Time last trip and my mother in law says that we have to go back there, she really liked it. She also is insisting we go to Tonys.

So we have decided on Akershus, breakfast only, Tony's, Hollywood & vine for the Playhouse Disney Character meal, Rainforest Cafe, I had never eaten there, and the Prime Time.

We also want to go somewhere where we can find Cinderella. Does anyone know what restaurant is guarenteed to have Cinderella. When we went in 2005, we did not see her at all and the girls were kind of disappointed, so we are making it a priority to see her this time.

-Walt Disney

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Good choice on POFQ. Take the boat to DTD, it's a nice ride.

In terms of restaurants, I have two suggestions. First, Teppan Edo in Epcot. It's a dining show in itself. The food is really tasty and we enjoyed every bite.

Second suggestion, Grand Floridian Cafe. Both of us had some of the best steaks of our trip there.

Just a couple of quick tips.

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions, My mother in law is not a great fan of Japanese, although myself and my children would LOVE it! I think that if I would get my mother in law to try it, she would love it also, but she is very stubborn.

I will check out the Grand Floridian Cafe though and see if that would be a good choice for us.

-Walt Disney

I have made my first reservation!!

We have reservations for Cinderellas Royal Table for lunch. I am hoping to get the girls a ressie for the Bippity Boppity Boutique the same morning prir to seeng Cinderella.

The CM on the phone this time told me to call back at the beginning of December to possibly make the rest of my reservations. Every time I speak to someone, the date is different, so,I am going to continue to keep calling.

-Walt Disney

OK, so far, I am unable to make any dining reservations, The CM's keep saying the end of December. I am afraid that I wil miss the dates & times that I want. Does anyone have any more info on the dining upgrade???

-Walt Disney

I haven't written much recently due to the fact that I am stuck in limbo. This is the worst time of the trip planning process. I am still unable to make any ADR's, hopefully on December 22nd. Until then, I just have to wait!

-Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    yay, you're going to WDW. I have been at that time, in 2005 and it was very crowded since that is a big spring break time, but the weather should be great and the pools warm enough to enjoy. Have fun.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I highly recommend The Garden Grill in EPCOT. It serves comfort foods, family style, such as fish, pork, and steak plus veggies your kids will probably eat. It is a character meal but I think it is characters only at dinner now. Unless they have changed the line-up Mickey is there along with Chip & Dale who I think steal the show as far as character interaction goes. The restaurant slowly revolves to where you can see into Living with the Land ride. At the end of your meal you have made 1 complete revolution around and the characters will have visited numerous times. As I said, Chip & Dale are show stealers. They are the best especially here. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Now I am hearing that the dining upgrade may not go through until mid-January!!!!!!!
    They may not open up the ADR's until they have the system fully activated. So all of us going at the end of March and April, may have to wait until January to make our reservations!!!!!!! I just want to have them made and finished, then I can relax.

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast