Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! I am heading to MVMCP this Friday, even though I have already seen the schedule, which is similar in setup to the Halloween party, but more Christmas-themed, of ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Hi everyone! I am heading to MVMCP this Friday, even though I have already seen the schedule, which is similar in setup to the Halloween party, but more Christmas-themed, of course. Is there anything that y'all would like for me to keep my eyes peeled out (limited edition pins, t-shirts, etc.)? I will try to report in a timely manner how it went. And a reminder, I work for Disney, so if y'all have questions, let me know (do not ask me questions about rumors, because I don't even hear stuff like that in my department). The new Bolt characters are out, though. Location-wise, not quite so sure, yet (Hollywood Studios, though). Anyway, let me know!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Thumbs up

So I know you people have been reading this thread, but not posting in it, which is fine. But now, I am going to give my little report based on my experience at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. My friend & I arrived to the park right at 4 pm, and already, people who had tickets were allowed in (CMs directed people to the right) and received their bright, neon green bracelets and a brochure very much like the MNSSHP. My only huge disappointment was that Disney still had not put the tree up. I don't know why they haven't, yet, but hopefully they will get it up soon! I would think it should be up by next week, since next week is pretty much the last week of November. Anyway, my friend and I skipped out on the rides (we live here), even though it would be the opportune moment to ride the rides between 4 and 7 pm. The crowd was not too terrible (definitely more people since the Halloween party) and the wait times for rides were decent. Donald Duck and Scrooge McDuck (they take turns) were out doing meet and greets (I'm not sure exactly when they stopped, but it must've been at least an hour before the party started) right by the Teacups attraction. Now for those of you are fans of the princesses, you can get your pictures taken with them at Toontown along with their princes, but only at the party. The fairies are still out for their meet and greet, as well. Alice is out by the Teacups across from where Donald & Scrooge McDuck are meeting. Some other things, there are hot chocolate and cookies (apple juice and apple slices) stations located around the park. Not as frequent as the candy stations because they are located in closed restaurants with a blow-up candy cane indicator. If y'all read my post about MNSSHP, we did the exact same thing as before: set up camp at the Hub at 9 pm (no one sits down until 15 minutes before), watched the Holiday Wishes (I will confess, it might be better to be further back because some of the fireworks were hidden by the castle), watched the Forecourt Castle show (it was really cute and funny, especially with Donald and the Chipmunks), and then stayed for the parade. The parade is at least 20 to 25 minutes long, so be bundled up if you plan on coming sometime soon. Many people were huddled or wrapped up in blankets. I think if I had a thicker jacket and gloves, I would've been fine. My Minnie ears Santa hat kept my head warm, thankfully. I definitely suggest bringing a blanket or heavier clothing (unless you are from up north) to stay warm. We didn't go see the show at Tomorrowland only because we were pretty frozen, even though we had time to catch the last one, which was at 11:15. Most attractions were open, with an exception to the Jungle Cruise. For those of you who want rare characters, Scrooge McDuck, the princes (Belle & the Beast, Snow White and her prince meet over by it's a small world attraction near the Skyway building while the others princesses and their princes meet in Toontown) and Abu are out. So take the opportunity when you can. Minnie meets in her gazebo (go to the left of the gazebo) and Mickey meets in his house (you have to go through the garage first and around the backyard, so in the opposite direction of touring his house). Stitch is out in Tomorrowland, look for him near the Carousel of Progress area. We also checked out one of the dance parties, which was the one hosted by the Ladies Tremaine in Fantasyland at Ariel's Grotto. The girls don't really do photo poses, so don't quite be expecting them to take photos with you. They'll dance with you and may do a quick pose, but they don't do a typical meet and greet. There are special event merchandise available in some of the stores, including pins (one jumbo pin, and one set in a box together) and sweatshirts that I believe are only available for the party, unless they are out all the time. Anyway, that is my review. If it weren't so cold, my friend and I probably would've stayed for the last hour, but we were so cold. The castle is beautiful, though (we missed the special ceremony to light up the castle, but I've already seen what it looked like when I was working there). Anyway, hope that helps! So don't forget to stay warm and take advantage of hot chocolate and cookies (they're very good). Have fun!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great report - I can't wait to go!! I know you said a little bit about the crowds, but since you work there, can you elaborate on if it's below normal, typical, or above normal attendance?
    ~Ashleigh

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Thanks for saying you were cold. I know that sounds odd, but I want to be prepared! Yes, I am a Yank and your cold is probably warm to me, but it is still a good barometer.

And thanks for the list of characters! That's the best part of the parties, getting to see ones you haven't seen before.
    I am very much looking forward to getting Scrooge McDuck's autograph!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Great report - I can't wait to go!! I know you said a little bit about the crowds, but since you work there, can you elaborate on if it's below normal, typical, or above normal attendance?
    For the time being, I would say the crowds aren't horrific, if you know what I mean. Popular rides do have the longer wait times (i.e. Toy Story Mania, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, etc.), but a lot of wait times on average is about 15-20 minutes. It's not crowded to the point you can't breathe, except for when a show is going on. So for now, I think I would say it's about normal, and in my opinion, normal would be average crowd. Not too crowded, but there are more people since September. However, I saw that on your signature, you're coming to Disney in about 3 weeks, so the crowds may increase by the time you get here because it's December. I'll try to keep you posted on the crowds as your time gets closer, but you may have to remind me. Hope that helps!

P.S. Here's a photo of the castle. It's even better in person!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We've had some fairly chilly evenings of late, so I can well imagine that it was cold just standing for the parade. I didn't think I'd have a lot of use for all the heavy coats and jackets I've accumulated over the years. We'll be at the party in a few weeks as well. I'm keeping my Santa Mickey ears close at hand. (If you're chilled, they really do warm you up.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I'm planning on bringing my Princess Santa hat Firemedic sent me, and my mink earmuffs.

Fantastic Castle picture!!!!

Virginia- do you think I'll need anything other than a lightweight jacket or a cardigan?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Last year before Thanksgiving, I wore long sleeves, a jacket, gloves, and a hat and was still cold. But two years ago, I had a long sleeve shirt and never needed a coat.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Virginia- do you think I'll need anything other than a lightweight jacket or a cardigan?
    It's really hard to say. I might suggest the heavier of the two or something that is fairly warm, but can be worn in layers. You can take things off, but you can't put on more layers if you don't have them. Yesterday morning, I went out with a turtleneck shirt, a denim shirt and my wool cape. By about 11:00 AM, I left the cape in my car. Today I was out in a polo shirt with a fleece top over it and was fine. The temperatures are slowly easing their way up, but be prepared to dress in layers. The early mornings and evenings have been cold. Once the sun goes down..brrr - especially if the wind comes up. Keep checking the 7 day forecast and be prepared for almost anything. We've managed not to have to turn on the furnace, but we put an extra blanket on our bed, and wear sweatshirts and fleeces even inside the house.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure England weather is similar to Illinois weather.
    Layers- big suitcase. Preparing like a Girl Scout.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I have friends & family coming down in the next few weeks. So, thank you for the reports I will advise them to pack some warmer clothes. Nice to see these reports.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

So to give y'all a heads up if y'all plan on going to the Christmas party some time soon, the tree will be up (or it should be by now; I rarely work in Town Square) on Main Street. The reason it hasn't been up was because we had to wait until the day after the taping of the Christmas day parade. So it should be up now. I won't be at the MK until this upcoming Thursday and I will try to eye the crowd and see how the crowds are. Have a magical day!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Hello everyone! We are going to Disney at Christmas for the first time!! YAY!! Anyway we had some questions about the MVMCP. Is there any way to get a discount as an AP holder? What do they do for small family reunions at Christmas (there are only 6 of us but it's our first time together in 6 years)? Is it worth the price? What activities are there besides character signings? Besides the rides being open, what is the benefit of going? How crowded is it the week before Christmas? What are the can't miss opportunities?
    Thank you for your help.
    Beth the Disney Geek of Arkansas
    If you can Dream it, the you can do it!

My only hope is that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse

Disney 2009 Part Two: 3 months 15 days.... Cannot wait!!