Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss GoofyGuys Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi All Just came back from the MAGIC Myself, Wife and 2yr old Daughter Went from 11/12/08 - 11/19/08 Stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter (2nd time there) 1st floor ...
    GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

GoofyGuys Trip Report

Hi All

Just came back from the MAGIC
    Myself, Wife and 2yr old Daughter
    Went from 11/12/08 - 11/19/08
    Stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter (2nd time there)
    1st floor Building #3 right next to check in. Great Room to have #3136

Landed in Orlando at 10:15, uneventful non stop flight. But was fun with my two year old, that had a blast. No problems here.

Really long line at Magical Express counter, but they seemed to have it under control, my wife stood in line and we went and sat down and waited with about 100 other people. The line went surprisingly fast and within 20 mins we were in the Magical Express Port Orleans line. Took Magical Express right to resort.

Arrived at the resort around 11:30 and while the wife waited for our carry
    on bags and stroller under the bus, I took the inititive to go into the lobby and stand in the check in line, which only had 3 people in front of me. Unfortunatley for me these three people all had problems and I stood in line for about an hour. When I was finally called I turned around and there was at least 20+ people standing behind me. So I'm glad I got in line when I did. The baby had a blast playing with all the other kids, watching cartoons and coloring while I was waiting.

We had made the reservation and I asked that we have bed rails for the baby's bed. I made sure each time I called and also the night before our trip I called too. I know they weren't going to be there, but I figured calling would help. They told me our room was ready and that our bags would be there within an hour or so, and they'd send someone up with the bedrails.

Thanks to the advice I read on here, we brought a change of clothes in our carry on luggage. So we wne to our room to check it out and change. The room was nice just like the last time, it was clean and even had a towel animal on the TV waiting for us. We changed and headed down to the Sassagoula Floatworks for a quick bite and then head to the Magic Kingdom to catch the 3:00 Parade and a few attractions. (boy I like coming in early, it's like getting an extra day of stuff in) usually we get in, in the evening.

We went an ordered some food, and I decided to get the refillable drink mug for myself, because I'm the only one that drinks soda (diet Coke). I forgot the one I bought last year at home. I saw many different people using mugs from all resorts like the All Stars.

We were standing in line to pay which was pretty long, but I lived through it. (I think we were all just anxious to get to the MK. We sat down and starte to eat, and I had some chicken, tenders (or nuggets) and noticed when I bit into it, it was raw (not undercooked) literally raw. I thought I was going to be sick right there, because not only did I swallow the peice I bit, but I also ate one standing in line to pay, without checking it. My wife was freaking out and checked them and they were all raw. She went back and they got a manager and she was going to have it refunded on our card. (we buy a Disney Gift card every year at the Disney Store and put $400 on it and use it for all our meals). The lady was so nice, she refunded the whole meal including my refillable cup which came to $53.00.

Although that was very nice of her, I was still sick to my stomach, thinking I was going to be sick at any moment or get some disease. But believe it or not nothing happened, except my queasness. Guess I have a stomach made of cast iron.

Off we went to the MK. Only waited about 15 mins for a MK bus and headed straight there. Once there we waited and had a few pictures taken with our new photo pass card, and headed straight to the castle to show my daughter, after going through, we went to the Carousal, Dumbo, Small World. All had only 15 to 20 min waits (if that). Then it was time for a Mickey Premium bar (ah the first of many). I was still feeling queazy over the chicken incident, but was trying to put it behind me.

We then headed over to the Mad Tea Party ride, then the skies opened up and it started to rain, so we went shopping and then to Mickey's Judges Tent. We waited in line and met Minnie and Mickey. Outside it was not letting up, and I must say it was the worst rain I ever walked in, we were soaked, we grabed the train and rode it to the main entance, and after wating about 20 mor mins to see if it would let up, we made a run for the bus loading zone. We were soaked right through all our clothes.

We made it back to the hotel and made it to our room with the wind and heavy rain coming down. The room key would not work, we tried both keys and neither worked (even though they worked earlier). My wife went back to the lobby to get someone, and when they arrived they were able to get it to open, they had to reprogram the keys. They said it was probably because I had it in my pocket with a cell phone. Why would they say that without asking me if I even had a cell phone with me?) Which I didn't because we always leave them in the safe on vacations.

We got in and the suitcases were there but no bedrails again., so we called and they said they'd bring them right up. In the mean time I was lifting the suitcases up on the bed so we could unpack. My brand new one, the handle snapped and broke and the metal piece came up and hit me in the knuckle and plit it wide open. I have never seen so much blood., I couldn't get it to stop. I finally wrapped it in a towel and held it there for a half hour and when I checked it stopped, but the room at that point looked like a murder scene. I was able to bandage it, but for the whole trip everytime I bent it, it would open a little and I could feel the pain.

We noticed another 2 hours had gone by and no bed rails., called again and finally the showed up 20mins later. by now it was 10:00 and our first day of Disney was over. We all crashed.

I uploaded 100+ pictures so far to my myspace account, its myspace.com/Belldrums27 If you want to chack them out or become a friend.

More to come......,

Ricky B Goofguy
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sounds like you had a pretty eventfull first day. You didn't happen to get up on the wrong side of the bed that morning, or break a mirror did you?

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    In most trips, it always seems like our first day at Disney is always a little rocky as well - like we're getting all of the bad luck out of the way early so we can enjoy the rest of the trip. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the report, and that hopefully the trip got better!
    ~Ashleigh

Hi

Thanks,
    Things got much better. I tried to not let it all get to me (the events of the 1st day), we saved and waited all year for this., I wasn't going to let some raw chicken and a busted knuckle ruin our vacation. LOL

I will start the next day, tomorrow, in the mean time I posted a whole bunch of pictures., and some probably the best I've ever taken, with the help of a brand new Cannon Digital camera.

I have a hard time with my dial up connection here to post them on this site, but you can check them out on my myspace at myspace/belldrums

I took about 1000 pictures, but everynight would go through and delete the out of focus or bad ones., I ended up with about 418.

Rick

Actually my myspace is Belldrums27 not just belldrums (I always forget that)

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    sorry the trip was off to a rough start, hope it got better!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Day Two;
    Thursday 11/13

Woke up around 6:30AM, thanks to my little princess (we donít need wake up calls).
    Finger still hurt a lot, but glad the bleeding finally stopped, I couldnít bend it though, so I just slapped on a SpongeBob band-aid and hoped for the best.

We took showers and got ready and were off by 7:45, headed to the Floatworks, even though itís been a disaster ever time we go there. The food is always cold by the time you stand in line to pay for it and find a table, not to mention not much of a selection. But we managed to grab some breakfast and headed to the buses.

Every time we went through the main doors, the doorman would give my daughter a coin to throw in the fountain to make a wish. So every time we had to turn around and go back so she could throw it in. Also as a side note, teaching her that, made for a rough time on my pocket every time we came to any body of water in WDW, because she wanted change to throw in it. Of course I always gave her some. (Now that I think of it Ė I hope she wished for something good!)

We decided in our plans to hit Hollywood Studios early in the week so we donít have to fight with the Soap Opera fans. So we stayed clear of HS on Sat/Sun.

Today it was hot, probably mid to low 80ís but the humidity was bad, because of the rainstorm we got caught in the night before. The wait for this bus was only about 10mins. Guess we hit it right.

Arriving at Hollywood Studios at about 9:30 headed straight up Hollywood BLVD towards the HAT and took some pictures and had a couple family pictures taken by CM photographers. We always seem to hit GMR first so thatís were we went, no wait at all, in fact I donít believe we even saw the whole pre-show in itís entirety. We sat towards the back and had our 2 yr old between us. and when the Alien part game I distracted her with my camera and some questions, my wife thought that was a great move. I was proud of myself. (No need to give her any early nightmares in life). We headed out and decided to hit Muppets (sheís too young for Star Wars). Muppets was great as always, and not much of a wait. NOTE: All the parks seemed really busy, but surprisingly the waits werenít bad for rides)
    We headed to the Muppets gift shop as always. Iím a Muppets fan, I have a couple of Tattoos, lots of comments at the gift shop and through the parks, (I also have Fantasia Mickey on my bicep). Bought a new ANIMAL hat and a few small items for the baby, and we were on our way. We went to Toy Story Mania, but the line was 50 mins wait and the Fast Pass said 6:30PM!! We thought that was nuts, we ended up waiting across the street to meet Woody and Buzz and that was worth the wait, (about 20mins). From there we headed to the Streets of America and found Mulch & Sheers setting up, so we waited and actually caught their whole show (about 30mins), the baby was great dancing and caring on, they saw me with the camera and really hammed it up for me.

It was lunch time, so we headed to Mama Melrose which weíve never been able to get into., there was no wait, sat right down and ordered and ate, even the food came out quick, and it was delicious. My wife said it was the best meal we had all trip. (although she does end up saying that a couple more times during this trip LOL). I had the Chicken Parm.

From there we headed to Lightís motors, action, but we were too late for the show, so headed to Animation Courtyard, Caught Voyage of the Little Mermaid (for the 1st time ever). Then Playhouse Disney Live! And then met a couple of the Little Einsteins and Handy Manny for some pics. Itís time for another Mickey premium Bar. She always just gets through the ears, so Dad gets the rest (YAY For me!)

We then caught Beauty and the Beast, great seats, in front of the sound technician.
    (Since thatís what I do for work, itís good to sit back and see someone else do it for a change). She wanted to see the BIG Guitar even though she way too young for those kind of rides, but we went to the courtyard and checked it out, and then headed to ďBlock Party Bash,Ē we had a great section outside of Drew Careyís Sounds Dangerous. It was very hot and the sun was right on us. My 2 and a half year old went out and played with the other kids with a CM playing with balls and a parachute. Which was NOT a great idea, because she got the wrong idea, and yes, as soon as the actual parade was in front of us, my kid decides itís time to be part of the magic, and runs right out in front of the parade as they were setting up their trampolines., I was so embarrassed, especially because Iím such a big guy and I knew as I got closer to her she was going to run, and it was going to be very comical sight for everyone, Likely with a CM we managed to coral her and get her back to her stroller the male CM laughed and patted me on the back. (another job well done). I was so embarrassed at the time LOL Leave it to my kid.

After the BPB we booked it out of there and headed to the buses (someone needed a nap).

At 6:00PM we headed to MK for a Character Meal at Liberty Tavern. It was for 6:45, we got there at 6:40 and was given a pager. We waited 56mins before it went off, it was a horrible wait especially with a 2year old. I ended up taking her outside and bought her a light up toy, because the light parade was going on. It was Stitch riding an airplane. Itís very cool. We got seated and the food was brought over, It was awesome, My wife stated it was the best food at WDW yet LOL (again!)

The Characters came around a lot and Dale played with my daughter, even taking her new Stitch toy and playing with it. Like I said the food was awesome and we were all stuffed leaving there.

We hit POC on the way out., it said 5 min wait, but there was no one, the 5 mins must have meant the walk down to the boats from the entrance because there was no wait at all we climbed in and off we went. It was the 1st time I ever sat in the front seat before, wow is that different. My daughter had a blast Ė she loved it.

Next was the long awaited WISHES, now I donít know if it was just because it was built up so much by everyone on here. But I was waiting to get teary eyed. Nothing, I had a dry eyes I guess. It was awesome though, but like I said I was waiting for the emotions. Guess Iím not sentimental enough.

We fought the crowds to the buses - By the time we made it down to the buses she was out like a light.

And that was only day 2

Coming soon: Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

Here's a few of the pictures of Princess Adeline 2 1/2 years old (2nd trip to Disney) 1st was last year at 18 mos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0218.jpg   GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0231.jpg   GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0233.jpg   GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0342.jpg   GoofyGuys Trip Report-studios.jpg  

Here's a few more to go along with the trip report so far...,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0331.jpg   GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0334.jpg   GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0208.jpg   GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0246.jpg   GoofyGuys Trip Report-img_0376.jpg  

When we got back to our room on Thursday night there was this awesome card with an autographed picture from Mickey and Minnie - Celebrating our 6th Wedding Anniversary.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Block Party Bash,” we had a great section outside of Drew Carey’s Sounds Dangerous. It was very hot and the sun was right on us. My 2 and a half year old went out and played with the other kids with a CM playing with balls and a parachute. Which was NOT a great idea, because she got the wrong idea, and yes, as soon as the actual parade was in front of us, my kid decides it’s time to be part of the magic, and runs right out in front of the parade as they were setting up their trampolines., I was so embarrassed, especially because I’m such a big guy and I knew as I got closer to her she was going to run, and it was going to be very comical sight for everyone, Likely with a CM we managed to coral her and get her back to her stroller the male CM laughed and patted me on the back. (another job well done). I was so embarrassed at the time LOL Leave it to my kid.
    Sounds like something my kids would have done! No need to be embarrassed. You can just embarrass them later!

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great report!!! And I love the pics!! Thanks for sharing!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Sorry you had to pass on TSM. It's a great ride even if the waits are long. We've hit one 30 minute wait, but the majority have been 50 to 60. We do draw the line at 60.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Great report!!! And I love the pics!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks., I'm always a little stand off ish about doing these (trip reports)., what may seem exciting to me., may be boring the heck out of people.

But it's fun writing it all out and actually seeing and remembering what we did.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's not boring...at least not to me! I love reading other people's trip reports because it puts me back in Disney. It's also neat to see what other people do on their vacations - sometimes people do things on their trips that are good ideas and that I will try to do on our trip. So keep posting - we love it!
    ~Ashleigh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast