Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Really~ I'm working! Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; My day today started with getting up at 4 a.m. Way too early. No big deals at home. I kissed the kids goodbye , not waking them up, and DH ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Really~ I'm working! Trip Report

My day today started with getting up at 4 a.m. Way too early. No big deals at home. I kissed the kids goodbye , not waking them up, and DH took me to the airport. Not a lot of people there before 5 a.m. As everyone boarded the airplane, we were ahead of schedule until they realized that one overhead bin wasn't closed. After 15 minutes and 4 airline workers trying, they decide that one bag is too big and would have to be checked.

The flight was smooth. The sunrise was unbelieveable. What a perfect rainbow spectrum of colors. Then is starts to go the other way on the spectrum. The red was the prettiest I have seen in a very long time. As I was going to my other flight, I ran into a lady from my Lubbock class and we talked but she was on a later flight. I got to my gate no problem and they asked for people to give up their seats for $200. But by the time I got there, some lady gave up her 4 tickets. I was bummed. But no problem. I spoke a lot with the gentleman beside me.

It took forever to get my luggage (I LOVE MAGICAL EXPRESS!). Then the car rental place was off the airport property. But I got the car with no problem and actually made it all the way to Wilderness Lodge with no major issues! I was sort of proud of myself for not freaking out.

I checked in then at lunch at Whispering Canyon. I would not suggest this if you are eating solo. It is more fun with others but the food was FABULOUS. The guy who waitedon the tables next to me "George" was really great with his people and brought me some tea when I ran out and my waitress couldn't be found (She did have two HUGE tables) I had a beef brisket sandwich, fries, and chocolate cake. Yum.

So I went to my room. Forgot something, went back to the car. Checked in here and then took a nap.

That's all for now. I have got to get some sleep since I have to work but I should have some pictures. They are uploading right now.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Yeah, you're "working." I didn't realize sending out live photos of Cinderella Castle constitutes "working."

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Yeah, you're "working." I didn't realize sending out live photos of Cinderella Castle constitutes "working."

EXACTLY what I was thinking Amanda! Funny, I got the same picture....yet nowhere in her 'first day' report does it say anything about going to the Magic Kingdom!

THat is because I was TIRED and didn't get to that part. Patience ladies!

Here are some pictures to keep you company. I am going to have to get going to get to the conference so I am not sure when I will get back on today but it will probably be late. Plans for today- Conference until 6 p.m. then head over to DTD to grab a bit to eat and SHOP! I bought pins from MVMCP but that was all. Not a lot of room in the suitcase so got to think small.

Here was the first picture I took. I did pull over to take this one.

This place is so lovely!

Here is what I found in my room

So I got over to the boat and here we go:

I love the guys red hat.

I exchanged my voucher for my first AP and went in to the PARTY!

There is a picture of the SPOT. I should have had someone take my picture but I wanted to get over to Space Mountain.

As I got over to Space Mountain, I did notice a few people leaving it. But as I almost got to the beginning of the line, I realized (due to the announcements) that it was broken down for a while. The lights were on.... so I headed over to TTA.

Look- a pole!

Oh- I guess that isn't what I was really going for. I have some others that I will share later. But here is Space Moutain with the lights on!

That's it for now. I have to get ready for the conference. DTD tonight. Have a great day!

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You are so lucky! I would love to go to a conference at Disney!!!! Have a great time and try not to work too hard! It will be hard sitting in the conference all day with Disney World at your doorstep!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Oh my goodness your pictures got me SO EXCITED! WIPPEE! Was it busy?
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 12-03-2008 at 08:49 AM.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Hmph! Comes to town. No call. No wave. Now I know how I rate. Bet she brought the cooler weather too.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sounds like a great first day Gae! Can't wait to hear more.
    Tiffany~บo ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Keep the reports and photos coming, Gae... Forget the Conference!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I knew you were up to no good, Gae... The title of the thread had me wondering.....SOOOOOOOO, you having fun WORKING???????
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Sorry- V! And I don't have you number- that's why I didn' t call. I didn't plan on bringing cold weather! At least today was a lot better and warmer. I heard another cold spot is coming but I'm not bring that one.

Yes- Butlers. I'm working.

Okay- so last night. Before trying to go on Space Mountain, I saw this over in Tomorrowland

Here is a "far away" picture of it. Sure not something you see everyday at WDW.

Here's another cool pic I got while on TTA

By the time I was getting off of TTA, my brother was in the parking lot and on his way over so I told him I would do some shopping and we would meet up. Well, It wasn't party time so I couldn't get a pin until later so I walked down Main Street and just enjoyed the music and sights.

I found out that the castle lighting was at 6:30. I sure wanted to see that. We just walked around and decided to head over to PotC. No wait. It was really nice. We just sort of walked around and looked at stuff- sort of shopping but not buying yet. It was getting close to 6:30 by this time so we found a spot between Main Street and the hub. It was really beautiful to watch. I have one very crooked picture of the castle.

We decided to go to ride Space Mountain. We might have waited 10 minutes. Maybe. Then we rode Buzz Lightyear. I think my gun was broken. It would gain points when I didn't shoot. I still got beat horrible by my brother. But it was fun. We were hungry so went over to Cosmic Rays.

Weird thing about crowds. It seemed like a lot of people were in the park but the rides were walk ons. But they must have all been in Cosmic Rays. We ate a lot and then decided to go to Fantasyland. But as we got there, we decided to skip everything there and go to Haunted Mansion. Another Walk on! I liked it. After HM, we decided to go to BTMRR but got "stuck" by the parade. I'm not a parade person but I found myself singing along. After the parade everybody seemed to head over to Main Street so we went and walked on BTMRR. I love this ride at night. We decided to skip Splash Mountain as the wind was really cold. I think I had my gloves on and two sweatshirts. I was pretty comfortable with all of that.

Getting close to Wishes time so we found a place by Casey's to watch. We didn't have to long of a wait and we didn't have a ton of people around us. What a great show. By this time, I was getting pretty tired. It had been a long day so we go a Coke and DB got some french fries. We walked over to the jewelry store and got our pins then made our way down to the train station. It was about 10:45 when we left. DB decided to stay with me (he isn't supposed to drive at night). We made our way to Wilderness Lodge.

He must have been tired as he was snoring as I wrote last night's portion of the report. However, I was still on Texas time and not overly sleepy since I had just had a coke.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    You got to see Space Mountain with the lights on!!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Weird dude walking on top of buildings!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast