Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Girls Week Away! in the Vacation Planning forums; After we got pictures with all the characters, we rode the Nemo ride and the new Spaceship Earth. I've heard that a lot of people aren't happy with the updates ...
    bety is offline Disney World Beast
    After we got pictures with all the characters, we rode the Nemo ride and the new Spaceship Earth. I've heard that a lot of people aren't happy with the updates to Spaceship Earth, but I think it's cute. Yes, I do like the old version better, but this one is fine too! I like the future part at the end, although I wish that happened while there were also some scenes to look at on the ride. Next we got fastpasses for Soarin, and then went to Honey I Shrunk the Audience, which was not fun at all. The wait time said 0, and ended up actually being almost an hour! By the time we got into the show, we were so irritated that we couldn't even enjoy it, plus it almost made us late for lunch. I think that show needs an update very badly... you're only "small" for a very short time. Anyway, once we finally got out of there we hustled over to Morocco and got to lunch only 5 minutes after our reservation. I had a fabulous lunch of roasted lamb and orange cranberry couscous. In the middle of our meal, the belly dancer came out and danced for about 10 minutes... she was great! Very ladylike, very graceful... I wish I could dance like that. After lunch, we walked around some of the shops, and one of the men working there wanted to take a picture of us with these cute hats on.

July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

When the Moroccan guy asked us each what we do for a living, Sarah got her opportunity to speak Arabic and French with him, and they hit it off pretty well! He was cute too.. too bad he lives in Florida/Morocco!
    So there was some more shopping after that, and then we listened to the Moroccan holiday story before going to France.
    In France we all shared a chocolate eclair which was so yummy! We tested some perfumes, shopped, listened to Pere Noel tell his story, and then went to Britain.
    In Britain, we bought a candy bar and saved that to share at the hotel later (we were trying to save room so we could eat around the world, although that ended up not happening). Then we went into another shop and saw the one character we had been waiting for the entire trip- Winnie the Pooh!

July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

We finished up in Britain by listening to Father Christmas's story, and then went to Canada. No one else wanted to watch O Canada so I had to miss out, but I'm sure I'll go back again soon, and I'll be able to see it then. We bought a maple chocolate bar to share later, and when we did eventually eat it, it was good! It wasn't very mapley but we still liked it. We never did see the Canada storyteller because there just wasn't a good time of day for it, so we moved on to Mexico. There we rode the boat ride, shopped (of course) and shared a churro. Yum! After the churro, it was time to use our fastpasses for Soarin, so we went back and did that, and once again I could not smell the orange groves! I smelled everything else though. We drank international cokes after that, and I think I almost got sick after tasting Italy... that one is by far the worst. I think my favorites were Mexico and China.
    Since we were trying to eat around the world by sharing food, we decided to save Norway for last because they have the best desserts. So when we came back to the countries after riding Soarin, we skipped Norway and went straight to China. We all split a dinner of fried rice and eggroll, which is so much better than the Americanized stuff I eat all the time. China is one of my favorite of the countries in Epcot, just because it is themed so well, and the shopping is great! So we shopped some more, and then went to Germany. In Germany we shared a pretzel and then spent forever shopping, because Jaime is obsessed with Germany and she had to buy all of her souvenirs there. I'm actually not quite sure why she likes it so much, but it was fun to watch her having so much fun. We also got to watch a little bit of the Christmas story, but that was the last one we saw. By that time it was getting kind of late and most of the storytellers were gone for the night. Next we went to Italy and shared some tiramisu, shopped, and went to Japan. I never go to America when I'm in Disney World because I live in America so I see no point to visiting the pavillion. I don't want to sound unpatriotic or anything because I do love our country, but it's not exciting to see a mini-America in Epcot because I see it every day in real life. Plus, there's no interesting food for eating around the world there. So, we skipped over America and headed on over to Japan where we bought some mango lemon candies to share later (they weren't very good). Sarah and Becky fell in love with some of the shoes there and each bought a pair. Since we had finished all the countries by that time, we backtracked to Norway and rode Maelstrom. Unfortunately, we had saved Norway for last because they have the best desserts, but by the time we got there we were so full that we couldn't eat anything! So we missed out on the best food, but oh well.. we enjoyed everything at all of the other countries. Instead of waiting around for Illuminations, we left Epcot as soon as we finished in Norway because our feet were so tired, and Illuminations was still about a half hour to an hour away, and it has never impressed me much. I like it, but I kind of feel like I could take it or leave it. So since everyone else was tired, I left it. On the way out, I got a couple of nice pictures of the Christmas decor.

I'll do day five tomorrow or the next day or the next or something
    July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great report, I look forward to reading more!!!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

Day 5: Animal Kingdom

This was the first time I have ever spent an entire day at Animal Kingdom, and I got to do so many things that I had never done or seen before. We started off the day with Kilimanjaro Safari because a couple of years ago when I went to Animal Kingdom, we had to wait in line for 2.5 hours to ride it. So this time we wanted to do it first to make sure we wouldn't have to wait very long. The woman in front of me had a big head, so I didn't get very many good pictures of the animals, plus my hands are a little shaky.

July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

After the Safari, we walked through the Exploration Trail. Again, I got to see a lot of animals, and this was one of the things I've never done before.

July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

Next was another thing I've never done before: Rafiki's Planet Watch. I really like how Animal Kingdom focuses so much on conservation, because I think that's a very important issue. While we were there, we took a picture with Rafiki, but that's on someone else's camera, so I don't have it yet. We petted some sheep and goats, and then took the train back to Africa. We shopped a little bit, got fast passes for Everest, and then had lunch at Yak&Yeti. Becky and I shared the crispy honey chicken, and Sarah and Jaime shared shrimp lo mein. Everything was delicious, and for dessert we shared the fried wontons. I think this might have been one of my favorite overall meals. Our waitress was super nice also- she was very talkative, told us her favorites on the menu, and actually took an interest in us when we told her we were celebrating Sarah's college graduation. After lunch we shopped a little bit more and then used our fastpasses to ride Everest. Jaime chickened out after she saw how high the ride goes, and Becky ended up getting sick after riding it, especially since she had alcohol at lunch. We shopped a little bit more to let our food digest and to help Becky feel better, and then we rode Dinosaur. Our picture was hilarious on this one... Sarah looked terrified! It was great. Then we went to find a seat for the parade, and Becky and I were picked to be honorary cast members. Once I get the picture from Jaime, I'll try to post it on here. One of the cast members approached Becky and me and asked if we wanted to help start the parade. They said they usually ask little kids to do this, but they thought we would be small enough to fit in the shirts. So we went to the area where the parade would be passing and directed traffic to clear the streets. We were each given a certificate and a special pin that only cast members can have, and then we sat down and enjoyed watching the parade.

July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

Immediately following the parade, we walked over to Camp Minnie Mickey to watch the Festival of the Lion King, yet another thing I've never seen. It was awesome! I tried to get pictures, but the lighting was too harsh, and i don't even think a picture would have been good enough to represent this... it is by far the best show I've seen at Disney. The singing, dancing, acrobatics, and music were all spectacular. I acutally think it was everyone's favorite thing from the entire trip.
    After Lion King, we ate dinner at Pizzafari, and then took advantage of part of our extra magic hours. Sarah, Jaime, and I rode Primeval Whirl, and then Sarah and I rode Everest again. More shopping of course, and then the Bug's Life 3D show. I'd never seen this before either, and I thought it was really cute. It's one of my favorite 3D shows, second only to Mickey's Philharmagic. Then we finished up in all the shops and headed back to the hotel for an early night. I really like Animal Kingdom, because even with extra magic hours it closes early, and its a good park for a relaxing last day. When we got back to the hotel we ate some of the international candy we had bought in EPCOT, played cards, and went to sleep!

Day 6 tomorrow or something.
    July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

Day 6 was by far my least favorite day of the trip, because it was the day we had to leave. We woke up early that morning because we had a breakfast reservation at Cape May Cafe for 8:00 am. We took the 7:15 bus to Hollywood Studios, where they told us to take the boat to the Beach Club because it would be faster than waiting for a bus. After waiting for the boat for about 10 or 20 minutes, a worker randomly passed by and mentioned that the boat would be coming at about 8:15. So we, along with all of the other people waiting for the boat, had to track down someone who would find a bus to take us to the beach club, and luckily we got there right on time. It kind of irritated me that no one was going to tell us that the boat wasn't coming. We would have missed our breakfast reservation! I've never had an experience where Disney was this disorganized, because they usually have their stuff together! Anyway, it all worked out, so we got over it pretty quickly. Breakfast was delicious, but something didn't agree with me because I spent most of the time in the bathroom getting sick. It was horrible. I was able to take pictures with the characters before getting sick though, and I did enjoy the little bit of food I could eat. I just wish I hadn't paid $20 for basically nothing. The Beach Club did not have any pepto bismol in their gift shop, which I couldn't believe, and that also made me a little irritated because I was really, really sick. So we took the boat to Hollywood Studios, I got sick again, and then we took the bus back to the Pop Century, where I finally bought some very expensive pepto bismol. We went to our room and finished packing our things, then caught our Magical Express bus and headed to the airport. We got there super early, so we relaxed in the terminal, and by the time we got on the plane I was feeling much better. The flight home was kind of sad, but once I got home I did enjoy seeing my family again. All in all, it was a very fun trip, and I can't wait to go back again!
    I'll be going back next year sometime, either during Spring Break with my mommy, or in December for a honeymoon (that's IF i get married next year). So if my boyfriend and I decide not to get married until 2010... I'll be partying it up Disney-style with my mom for Spring Break 2009!

Becky and Jaime

me and Sarah (I like this picture of me. I look most like myself here)

July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site

Jaime put her pictures from the trip on Facebook today, so I'll share a few of those with everyone. I just picked out all the ones with us in them.

Me, Sarah, and Becky at Ghirardelli

Walt and I in our signature pose

Becky and Sarah looking glamorous on the PeopleMover

I look pretty rough here, but.... it's us with Rafiki.

Me and Becky as honorary cast members!
    July 1994- off site
    January 2004- off site
    April 2006- off site