Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Ashleigh's Christmastime Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; When we got to MK, we headed for Tomorrowland. We wanted to see the Carousel of Progress, but it was down, so we went on the TTA. When we got ...
    Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Day 2, part 2

When we got to MK, we headed for Tomorrowland. We wanted to see the Carousel of Progress, but it was down, so we went on the TTA.

When we got off, they were letting people in to CoP, so we went in. We got stuck in the future scene and had to watch it twice, but I didn't mind. It was funny to see the 90s laptop, decor, and the mention of car phones being the cool thing . After that, we wandered over to Adventureland to ride Pirates and walked right on! We were just trying to kill time before the castle lighting ceremony, so by that point, it was about 6:15, so we got a spot in front of the castle. I took some "before" pictures while I waited.

It was pretty amazing watching the castle light up. It's so much better in person! Here are the "after" shots:

After that, we hung around Main Street until our ADR at Crystal Palace. I was really excited about this one because I've always seen so many people waiting to get in. Anyway, we got in line to check in and were glad we did when we did because when we were done checking in, the line to check in was wrapped around the building! While we waited, I took some random pictures.

We were actually seated at our ADR time, which made me happy since we had to wait so long to be seated the night before. Also, tonight we weren't nearly as tired. We got some great pictures with the characters right off the bat too!

I even got Eyore's autograph! The last time I tried (when I was 5), he wasn't able to because he didn't have enough mobility in his hands to hold the pen, so I was so happy when he was able this time!

After we had gotten our food, the kid at the table next to us got sick everywhere which totally ruined our appitites, so I just ate some mashed potatoes and frozen yogurt. After that, we got the check and left. Not as good of an experience as I would have hoped...

I got this picture as we were leaving - so cute!

We spent the rest of the night riding Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Pirates, IASW, Mickey's PhilharMagic, HM, etc. We really took advantage of the short lines for everything this time of year - it was great!! We even got to ride Splash Mountain twice without getting off! Here are a couple of pictures I took on SM:

After HM, it was almost time for the park to close, so we took our time leaving and got some more pictures:

After that, we waited in the (very long) line to get on the bus and then went back to the hotel for some sleeeeep!
    ~Ashleigh

Next up - Epcot and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 3

Today we slept in again (still trying to recover from finals the week before!) and then headed to Epcot. When we got there, we went straight to the Boardwalk to take pictures of their gingerbread house. I was eager to get there since the Boardwalk is my all-time favorite resort and whenever I set foot there, I have more of a sense of being at home than anywhere else in Disney World.

The whole gingerbread setup smelled sooo good! I will never forget walking into the lobby and immediately smelling that wonderful scent of gingerbread with a hint of chocolate mixed in. Yum!!

We tried to find all 5 Hidden Mickeys, but gave up when we couldn't find any more than 3. I suspect that they were on the train track underneath the gazebo where only children could see, but I didn't think it would be appropriate to start crawling on the ground .

By that point, it was after 11, so we headed back to Epcot to do some World Showcase-ing!
    Last edited by Spodie; 12-28-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    ~Ashleigh

Day 3, part 2

When we got back to Epcot, we decided to turn right and start in France, take our time, and hit Canada and the UK later.

We milled around France, Morocco, and Japan for awhile and then hit Americatown (my sister and I renamed it after a Simpsons episode) for some exploring and then lunch.

I just had to take a picture of my chocolate cake because I've never had it before and it looked oh so good. It didn't dissapoint!

Allyson liked her Mickey rice crispy treat as well!

I got some pictures of the gingerbread house there before I left too.

I found out later in the trip that it is used as a refreshment stand at night in between the Candelight Processionals.

After we were done with lunch, we went outside to look around Santa's Workshop and hear the Kwanzaa speaker starting his explanation of the celebration, so we went over to listen.

I then took a couple more pictures of the train set. The details were amazing!

We headed inside to see the Voices of Liberty perform. This is my favorite hidden gem in all of WDW. Very moving and a must-see if you haven't seen them yet (or even if you have)!!

I wish I would have figured out how to record on my camera before I left - I would have taken a video if I knew how...

We stayed to see the American Adventure. I'm not the biggest fan, but it's actually growing on me.

Next up was Italy. We were able to catch one of the streetmosphere acts as we were walking up.

Then I got some pictures around Italy, Germany, and Norway (we didn't skip China - I just never took any pictures for some reason...).

We rode the ride in Mexico, and actually had to wait in line to ride it! I've never had to wait in any kind of line there! Granted, it only took like 5 minutes, but we were actually in a full boat, which I didn't like. When we left Mexico, there was a mariachi band playing outside, so we stayed to see them for a few minutes then it was on to Future World!

We wanted to see Ellen's Energy Adventure, but when we got there, they told us the ride had just gone down, so we couldn't ride. We decided to go on Spaceship Earth instead. Here's what I will look like in the future!

When we were done there, we realized that it was just about 4:00, so we hopped on the monorail and headed for MVMCP!
    Last edited by Spodie; 12-29-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    ~Ashleigh

Day 3, part 3

We got to the party around 4:30. We got our wristbands and headed inside.

The CMs were doing a great job of crowd control, so there was no crush of people leaving and people coming in like I was expecting. We needed to head to the Liberty Tree Tavern to check in for our ADR, so we didn't have much time to wander around Main Street. However, we did stop for a few minutes to listen to the band play festive Christmas music. Too bad they don't need French Horn players!!

We checked in for our dinner and only had to wait 10 minutes before we were getting buzzed. This was the first time this trip that we had gotten buzzers - we weren't just called and I liked it SO much better! I didn't have to strain to hear when the hostess called someone's name and didn't have to wait in a mob of people trying to hear their names too. Again, as soon as we sat down, the characters kept on coming! I liked how it was family-style, so we didn't have to worry about missing anyone!

Minnie got really excited that she was on my t-shirt!

We really liked this dinner! The food was awesome and I asked the waitress if we could purchase the mugs because they were so cool, but she said that they were running low on them because too many had been dropped and broken that they couldn't sell any at that point .

After dinner was over, the party had almost officially started, so we decided to ride some rides since we had heard that those weren't as crowded during the parties and because we were planning on seeing all of the shows later in the evening. We rode the TTA first to let our food settle before Space Mountain.

I guess that means no dancing inside your ride vehicle...

Anyway, we hit most of the attractions in the park pretty quickly because the lines were so short. I got a picture of that creepy clock in IASW on the way.

We also stopped for a cookie and some hot chocolate, even though we weren't hungry. We just knew that it was a must do since it was part of the experience.

After that, it was about time to start finding a spot for the fireworks, so we found a pretty good spot and waited. Of course, I resorted to taking pictures of myself as we waited.

Then it was time for the fireworks. They were amazing!!

After that, we did some people watching (no point in fighting the crowds that were leaving) and then went over to Frontierland to find a spot for the parade. Now, a little explanation for the pictures: we saw about the last quarter of the first parade of the night from the Fire Station on Main Street. We saw the whole second parade from Frontierland, but my battery died at the same place as we had come in when we were on Main Street, so that's why the first 3/4 of the pictures you will see are from Frontierland and the last 1/4 will be from Main Street!

My favorite part of the parade - the creepy gingerbread men! Their smiles are just so creepy to me, but I love 'em!

Allyson's favorite part were the toy soldiers that came before Santa.

After the parade, we headed into Frontierland and rode a few more rides before calling it a night. I loved MVMCP and I can't wait to go to next year's party!
    Last edited by Spodie; 12-29-2008 at 01:19 AM.
    ~Ashleigh

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    These pictures are fantastic! Just what I needed to help my depression since coming back in October! Thank you for taking the time to do this!! I have never been during the holidays - Looks like I am going to have to fix that!! These are wonderful!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    These pictures are fantastic! Just what I needed to help my depression since coming back in October! Thank you for taking the time to do this!! I have never been during the holidays - Looks like I am going to have to fix that!! These are wonderful!!

Thanks - I'm so glad you like it! I'm working on Day 4 right now!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 4, part 1

We woke up today and felt that it was a DHS day, so we went there! We went straight to Rock n' Rollercoaster to get a fastpass. Our plan was to get a fastpass and do ToT. However, when we got there, the wait time only displayed 30 minutes. I usually go in the summer, so I'm used to seeing 60 minutes, on a good day; so this came as a complete shock! THEN the CM standing at the entrance said that it was less than a 20 minute wait! I was really loving coming at this time of year! Of course, we got in line. I took a few pictures while we were waiting.

We even found a Hidden Mickey in the floor tiles as we were waiting. I'm so bad at finding HMs, and I'm sure everyone has already spotted this one in the tile as you first walk into the atrium, but I was pretty excited when we spotted it.

After we rode RnRR twice, we realized that we needed to eat lunch because dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe was early and we wanted to have an appetite! We decided on Pizza Planet - always a good choice!

After lunch, we went to see Muppetvision 3D. We actually stopped to see the key under the mat.

After the show, we went to walk around the Streets of America - wanted to see it in the daylight this time. It's one of my favorite places in DHS. It's usually dead unless Lights, Motors, Action is letting out - I think because most people think it's filler, but they never stop to look at the details - which is what I love about it!

The other side of the fun facts had a history of how the lights started and how they made it to WDW, but I must have not taken any pictures of it...

We decided after that to head back to the other side of the park to ride ToT and to see if the wait was still low on RnRR. On the way, I wanted to find the rope that you're not supposed to pull outside of Indiana Jones because I didn't know what happened when you pulled it. I found it and we laughed at what the guy said when we pulled it!

As we were getting to ToT, a guy gave us two fastpasses! We were very greatful! However, there was no line in either que, so we just walked right on! The guy that you always see in the Travel Channel specials was working, but we never got on his side. Oh well...

After riding ToT and RnRR a couple of times, we decided it was time to start heading over to the Wilderness Lodge for dinner. We browsed the shops on the way out and we looked at all of the movie memorabilia in that shop at the front of the park. I've never been in there and it was really interesting!
    ~Ashleigh

Next up - Whispering Canyon Cafe and Epcot!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 4, part 2

We got to the Wilderness Lodge early to check out all of the decorations because we heard that it was worth it to do so. When we walked into the lobby, my jaw dropped! It was so cool to see that huge tree in that lobby!

Then we walked around the lobby and outside a little bit.

After that, we watched the gyser for awhile to see if it would go off, but it didn't, so we sat on the beach for awhile. I tried to convince Allyson to rent a Sea Raycer later in the trip, but she didn't want to, so oh well. By that point, our reservations were coming up, so we went back inside and checked in. We soon were seated and ordering. I loved the Mason jars that we got to drink out of. I was really thirsty when we got there and when he brought my Sprite, I took a big gulp only to realize that it was soda water! Ew! So he brought me a new one. We both had the skillet and it was amazing! Very filling as well!

I got a picture of Allyson doing the hokey-pokey. It was so cool to see a whole room of children and grown ups doing it!

I only wish that we needed ketchup, because the ketchup game was going on, full swing when we were there. I imagine that if I worked at Disney, I would love to work there - it was so fun!

After dinner, we got on the ferry to MK and then on the Monorail to Epcot. My friend from school, Margaret, was in Disney with her family, so we decided to meet up with her for the night. When we got to the Monorail, we asked if we could ride in the front and they said yes! The attendant took our picture in the front (sorry - it's really bad!).

When we got off the Monorail, I called Margaret and we decided to meet by the Fountain of Nations. I took a few pictures as we walked in.

When we met up with Margaret, we decided to walk around the World Showcase. When we got to Americatown, we noticed that the line for the Candelight Processional wasn't too long, so we decided to get in line and see it. I had to use the restroom and I followed the signs, thinking that they were leading me to the restrooms by the restaurant in Americatown, but they lead me to Port-a-potties. I was like - I am NOT using one of those, but they turned out to be like luxury Port-a-potties. It was so weird, but strangely interesting. Anyway, we waited in line a bit longer and then the Processional started. It was my first Candelight Processional and Chita Rivera was narrating. It was really lovely!

After that, we saw IllumiNations, but the smoke was blowing in our direction so I figured that I would save the pictures from it for later in the trip report.

When IllumiNations was done, we didn't want to fight the lines for the bus, so we walked out slowly.

We also stopped at Mouse Gear so I could get my Stitch that I wanted. I loved seeing all of the Mickey detail in the store!

After Mouse Gear, we stopped and took some pictures near the front of the park.

Since she was staying at the All Star Sports and we were at the All Star Music, we were able to share a bus back. We said goodbye to Margaret when we got to the All Star Sports and headed back to our room for some much-needed z's.
    ~Ashleigh

Next up - more Epcot and Chef Mickey's!
    ~Ashleigh

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Well, as you know, we actually started out our vacation on time! I had planned for us leaving between 6:30 and 7:00 and we were on the road by 6:45! Everything was packed, so we got right on the road. The ride down was uneventful - just 2 stops - one restroom break and we gassed up in Gainesville. We were in Disney by 1:30 and I was kind of freaking out because I accidentally went through the Sun Pass part of the toll booth, so I didn't pay the .50 toll but I did snap the same picture that many of us always do

After that, we checked into the All Star Music Resort. As we were waiting to check in, I took a few pictures of the lobby.

When we got to the check in counter, I was telling my sister, Allyson, that I had lost the sticker that I put on my folder, so the man checking us in gave me a whole bunch of Mickey stickers! It totally made my day!

Next, we dumped our stuff in our room and headed to the Magic Kingdom. Here's a picture of the room while it was nice and clean

We were soon at MK. It was pretty overwhelming taking in all of the holiday decorations for the first time, the parade, and the fact that I was actually back in my favorite place in the world (in a good way of course!), but I managed to snap a few pictures in the process.

We made it up to the times board at the end of Main Street and I was shocked at how short the wait times were - nothing was over a 20-30 minute wait! We went over to Splash Mountain (the ride we ALWAYS ride first), BTMRR, HM, and the Liberty Belle. I took a couple of pictures on the Liberty Belle.

After that, we headed over to Sleepy Hollow for a funnel cake. I heard Lou talking about it on a podcast, so I decided to try it (that's right - I've never had a funnel cake before!). It was very tasty!

I got a picture of Allyson in front of the castle before we headed over to DHS for our dinner at the 50s Prime Time Cafe...

Love your sisters shirt
    I'm a native Cape Codder

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    Love your sisters shirt
    I'm a native Cape Codder
    I'll be sure to tell her!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 5, part 1

We had to get up early this morning because my dad was coming in to stay for a couple of days (my mom had to work, so she couldn't join us). He drove about 3/4 of the way down the night before and got up early to drive the rest of the way so that he would have a full day in the park. We met up with him at about 8:30, got him checked in, and then got some breakfast. I couldn't find the Mickey waffles, so I got the french toast instead. Of course, once I got it, I saw that they had moved the waffle station to the corner of the food court - oh well, the french toast was still very good! Anyway, after breakfast, we drove over to Epcot since it's my dad's absolute favorite park. We first got out fastpasses for Soarin' and then headed over to Ellen's Energy Adventure. It was up and running this time, so we happy that we wre able to see it. After that, we went to Mouse Gear where my dad found a jacket for my mom for Christmas. He got her a Mickey and Minnie throw as well because it was only $15 with a $40 purchase or more. Next up was Test Track. We chose the single rider line since it was shorter than the regular one and when we got in line, they said that Test Track was going to be down for a little while. I took some pictures while we waited.

A totally candid shot. If you haven't seen already, no one in my family does well with candid shots

After the ride we looked at the cars in the showroom.

It was then about time for us to be able to use our fastpasses to Soarin'! We walked over there and it said that the standby line would take about 55 minutes. We were glad we had our fastpasses! However, the first que for the standby line was completely empty when we got up there!! There was actually a line for the fastpass-ers! Anyway, we only had to wait about a total of 10 minutes to get on the ride, and of course, we got seated where we always do - the corner. Oh well, it was still Soarin' and you can't complain about that!

After Soarin', we decided to get some lunch and then head back to the hotel for some swimming. We decided on the Electric Umbrella, and on our way over, we went through the building with the Character Spot and saw Stitch with no line! Of course, we had to get a picture since Stitch is my favorite character! He licked me and kept putting his finger in my ear - it was so funny! He's actually putting his finger in my ear in this picture - that's why I'm laughing!

After lunch, we headed back to the resort for some swimming at the piano pool. We then drove over to the Boardwalk because my dad wanted to get a shirt from the store there that he meant to get when we were there in June. Walking in made me completely feel at home (Again!)!

After the gift shop, we walked around the World Showcase, slowly making our way to the Monorail to get to Chef Mickey's.

Allyson and my dad went to look in the department store and I went over to Americatown to hear the end of the Candelight Processional.

Then we met back up and continued on.

~Ashleigh

Day 5, part 2

After the World Showcase, we hopped on the Monorail and headed over to the Contemporary. My dad was able to see Cinderella's Castle all lit up on the way over - he really liked it!

It was our first visit to the Contemporary and it was really cool! We immediately got in line to check in. And while Allyson and my dad waited, I wandered off to see the low brass ensemble play Christmas songs.

Next, I went into the Fantasia shop to look around.

I saw that the Contemporary had a gingerbread house as well - I wasn't expecting that!

I figured I should start heading back to Chef Mickey's, so I got back in line and we checked in and got our picture taken. We were seated not long after and the characters came over almost immediately!

I loved how everything was Mickey-shaped! I got Mickey-shaped macaroni and cheese and ravioli.

More characters came next. Mickey really liked my shirt!

Of course, the dessert bar was the highlight of the meal. I especially liked the Mickey Oreo things. I don't know what they were exactly made out of, but they sure were good!

After dinner, we headed back to Epcot to stake out a good spot for the fireworks. We made sure we weren't in the wind tonight so I could get some good pictures of the fireworks. We found a good spot around Canada.

This is my favorite nighttime entertainment at WDW! I really enjoyed the tag on the end as well. After the fireworks, we headed back to the hotel to rest up for the next day.
    ~Ashleigh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast