Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Ashleigh's Christmastime Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Next up - Animal Kingdom, Garden Grill, and more Osborne Lights!...
    Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Next up - Animal Kingdom, Garden Grill, and more Osborne Lights!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 6, part 1

Today, we woke up early and drove over to Animal Kingdom. This is one of my favorite parks and I was really excited to be back!

We headed straight for Africa and picked up some breakfast before hitting Kilamanjaro Safari. I got some good pictures during the Safari.

After the safari, we headed over to the Flights of Wonder show. This is another thing that I consider a hidden gem in WDW. During the show, we were able to see a parrot that could sing entire songs! It was so funny!

Next, we headed over to the Maharaja Jungle Trek, mainly to see the tigers. Most of them were asleep, but there was one that kept pacing in front of the windows, giving me some great photo ops.

We then continued on to Expedition Everest.

We were even able to convince my dad to ride! We only had to wait about 15 minutes in the single rider line. I definately noticed the Yeti and how it was stationary, but honestly, if I hadn't heard about it from these boards, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Anyway, we continued onward and upward to Dinoland, USA to ride Triceretops Spin. I had never ridden it before and thought it was pretty fun, although it banged you around a lot with sudden stops and jerky movements.

Afterwards, we went to go find lunch. We decided on Pizzafari I took a few pictures along the way.

After Pizzafari, we wandered around a bit, slowly making our way to our car so we could go back to the resort and go swimming again.

When we got back to the car, I couldn't help but notice that the gauges in by the steering wheel kind of looked like a Hidden Mickey, so I took a picture!

We then went back to the hotel to relax and do a little swimming!
    ~Ashleigh

Next up - Garden Grill and better pictures of the Osborne Lights!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 6, part 2

So after we got back to the resort, we went swimming and relaxed by the pool. After the pool, we got dressed to go over to Epcot for dinner at the Garden Grill. During dinner, we got some great pictures with the characters and they were very good at interacting with us.

Up until this point, my dad was doing most of the picture-taking. When Mickey came around, however, I told my dad to get a picture with Mickey. After the picture, he told me that that was his first picture with Mickey ever! I would have thought that at least once sometime in our past 10+ trips as a family, he would have at least gotten one picture, but I guess not!

I spilled some water on my shirt and Dale had a good time making fun of me!

All throughout dinner I was feeling a little queasy so I didn't eat much, but none of us really did with the quality of the server mixed with the fact that we weren't thrilled with the food.

Anyway, after dinner we went over to Mouse Gear so my dad could get a Christmas gift for my mom. When we were in there, I really was starting to not feel well, so I stepped out to get some fresh air. I sat down for a little while and started to feel better - I figured that it must had been the alcoholic drink I had at the pool that afternoon. I never drink and I guess it didn't agree with my system. I got myself a Sprite and sat over by the Off Kilter stage with my dad and Allyson while I recovered. I started feeling much better, so we started to head over to DHS so my dad could see the Osborne Lights.

Once we got to DHS, the park was closing, so we went straight for the lights. My dad was just as blown away as we were when we first saw it - it was really cool to see all of the shows as well. I got some more (better) pictures of some of the displays and Hidden Mickeys. I still couldn't find the black cat hidden in the display though.

After we got back to the hotel, we were all starving since we had barely eaten anything at dinner, so we spilt a cheeseburger and fries. Next, we went back to the room so my dad could pack up since he was leaving early in the morning.
    ~Ashleigh

Next up - more World Showcasing and Ohana!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 7, part 1

My dad left early in the morning, so we decided to sleep in and take it easy. We grabbed lunch in the food court at the resort and then decided to head over to Epcot to explore the countries we had missed (mainly France, the UK, and Canada). When we got to Epcot, we first visited the Yacht and Beach Club because we had heard that they had some excellent Christmas displays. We went to the Beach Club first and saw their Gingerbread House.

We were able to find all 9 Hidden Mickeys!

From there, we headed over to the Yacht Club. They didn't have a Gingerbread set up, but they had a pretty cool train set up.

I also thought that the tree in the lobby was pretty cool.

Next, it was time to head to Epcot to do some more exploring. We did Impressions de France (one of my favorite World Showcase activities) and I looked for a bottle of wine that I could give my mom for Christmas. However, Allyson told me that all of the wine there can be purchased at Kroger (where she works) for much cheaper, so I bought her a Mickey wine stopper instead. Next, we saw Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco with a short line, so we waited to get our picture taken with them.

Next, we walked over to Japan, but I don't remember why, and then turned back around (I don't remember why we did that either). Anyway, I do remember when we walked past the same spot where Aladdin and Jasmine were, the Genie was there, again with a short line, so we waited to get our picture with him!

We remembered that we had about 5 days of unused snack credits, so we stopped for an ice cream cone at the crepe stand in France and continued on to the UK.

When we got to the UK, Father Christmas was talking about Christmas in the UK, so we stopped and watched. I'm glad we did, because he was very entertaining!

After that was over, we wandered through the maze and the shops and continued on. When we arrived in Canada, we wandered through the shops and decided to pass on the Circlevision film this time.

We went back down the stairs and Off Kilter was starting, so we watched that. I always love to watch that show!

After Off Kilter, we went into Future World to see how long the wait for Soarin' was, but it was about 90 minutes, so we decided to pass. We instead went to Mouse Gear (again!) to finish our Christmas shopping once and for all! We also watched the Fountain of Nations for awhile.

After wandering around Future World for awhile, we decided to get the car and head over to the Polynesian for dinner at Ohana!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 7, part 2

We arrived at Ohana a little early since we were driving, so we walked around and took some pictures. I tried one more time to convince Allyson to rent a Sea Raycer, but no such luck.

We got to Ohana about 15 minutes before our reservation time, checked in, and got our buzzer. I went over to the menu board to see what was being served, and before I even found the dinner menu, we were being buzzed to be seated! Dinner was AMAZING and I'm glad we decided to go there.

We were seated next to the window and had a great view of Cinderella's Castle. We were even able to see the Castle Lighting Ceremony from our table while we ate!

After dinner, we went back to Epcot to see the IllumiNations because we knew it would be our last opportunity on this trip to see it. On the way to finding a good spot, we stopped to see the Moroccan speaker on Ramadan. I really liked how they integrated music into the speech - it made it really interesting!

We got a good spot in Mexico, but we were there pretty early, so I bought some cards and we played a couple of card games while we waited. I got a few more pictures of the show, but I really just wanted to watch it and take it all in.

After the show, we headed back to the hotel so we could pack up our things and head over to Port Orleans French Quarter in the morning!
    Last edited by Spodie; 01-03-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    ~Ashleigh

Next up - POFQ (our first ever stay there!), Magic Kingdom where we met up with some more of my friends, and Fantasmic!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 8

Today we got up early because we were switching hotels! We decided to add on a night to our existing vacation a couple of days before we left because a couple of my friends (Annelise and Alyssa) were coming to WDW and I wanted to meet up with them for a little while. My friend's uncles work at WDW (the one I met works on the gift shops) and they were visiting him for the day.

Anyway, we got up and got breakfast at the Intermission Food Court before heading over to POFQ - I had to get my Mickey waffle before we left!

After breakfast, we headed over to Port Orleans. We checked in and dropped our stuff off at our room before heading over to MK, where we were meeting our friends.

When we got to MK, I called Annelise and she said that they were just walking into Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, so we walked around the shops on Main Street for a little while and met them as they were walking out of the show. From there, we went to Stitch's Great Escape. I had never been on it, and I was hoping I would like it despite the horrible reviews it's gotten (because Stitch is my favorite character). However, it lived up to it's reviews and I was not impressed at all. Oh well.

From there, we went over to Frontierland. We chose Splash Mountain because the wait was shorter than BTMRR.

Here's Alyssa freaking out before the first plunge!

I was even able to capture a picture (although not a great one) right before we went over the plunge.

We got off the ride all wet (of course!) but it was warm out, so it was fine. As we turned the corner to the exit, we were met by the Dream Team! They told us that we were in the right place at the right time and that we had won the Mickey Ears! I was SO excited because I never win anything!! I wore my ears proudly for the rest of the day!

We then went over to BTMRR to get FPs for later on. We stopped to watch the parade and then headed over to Columbia Harbor House for lunch.

I've never been to Columbia Harbor House because I'm not the biggest fan of fish, but I found the chicken nuggets really good! I also enjoyed the theming and how the upstairs was not crowded at all, despite the filling parks and it being lunchtime.

After lunch, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion. It was definately different on this day than it had been earlier in the week, because I was used to walking right on to HM, but today we had to wait for about 30 minutes!

We walked back over to Frontierland to use our FPs for BTMRR and we even had to wait for about 20 minutes in the FP line. It was OK though because the regular line was 90 minutes! It was well worth the wait though!

After BTMRR, we said goodbye to Annelise, Alyssa, and her family and started making our way back to the resort. We still had about 9 snack credits that we had to use by midnight, so I stopped for a Dole Whip float and then went over to the Main Street Confectionary and used the rest of the credits on fudge that we brought home.

We rested back at the resort for a while and then headed off to DHS to watch Fantasmic! since we hadn't made it to that for the whole trip. We parked at the Boardwalk since we had originally planned on eating at the ESPN Zone and took the boat over to DHS.

Even though we hadn't planned on it, we made it over to DHS in time to see the 6:30 showing instead of the 8:00 one, so we did that instead. We walked right in (instead of fighting the crowds when the gates first open) and got a great seat (except that the kid behind me kept hitting me in the back and generally being annoying).

After Fantasmic! we remembered that we still had 1 counter service meal that we hadn't used, so we decided to use that instead of eating at the ESPN Club. We ate at the Sunset Ranch Market and I got pizza because I love Disney pizza so much! The chocolate cake I got as my dessert was definately the best of the trip. After dinner, we had to hit a couple of gift shops for souveniers and then we decided to call it a night, as we needed to get up early the next day for Animal Kingdom!

~Ashleigh

gembob is offline A-Ticket holder
    Excellant trip report, you look like you had a great time!!! One question...I noticed you used the word queue a couple of times instead of line. Have you been to the UK before as normally when I say this to Americans, they look at me gone out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gembob View Post
    Excellant trip report, you look like you had a great time!!! One question...I noticed you used the word queue a couple of times instead of line. Have you been to the UK before as normally when I say this to Americans, they look at me gone out!!!

I'm glad you're enjoying the report! As far as the queue question - I always refer to Disney lines as queues, just because that's always how I hear them refered to when I'm around Disney people. However, if I were waiting for my turn at, say, the supermarket, I would refer to it as a line. I only really use the term "queue" in relation to Disney. And I've actually never been to the UK, but I hope to visit someday!
    ~Ashleigh

gembob is offline A-Ticket holder
    lol cool. As an advocate for UK make sure you go places other than London. Scotland and the Peak District in Northern England are amazing places whereas London is pretty much just like any other major city.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123