Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Ashleigh's Christmastime Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everybody! Since I've enjoyed reading so many of your trip reports, I'm totally motivated to start my own! On Sunday, December 14th, I will be traveling with my sister, ...
    Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Ashleigh's Christmastime Trip Report!

Hi everybody! Since I've enjoyed reading so many of your trip reports, I'm totally motivated to start my own!

On Sunday, December 14th, I will be traveling with my sister, Allyson, to WDW and will be there through December 22. We are spending 7 nights at the All Star Music Resort, and since I just decided tonight that 7 nights weren't enough, I booked another night at Port Orleans French Quarter. We will be hopefully be meeting some friends while we're down there as well! Although we have been to WDW many times, we have never been at Christmastime, so this will be our first Disney holiday season experience. We will also be dining at many restaurants that we have never dined at before: 50s Primetime Cafe (I have not been there since I was 6), Whispering Canyon Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern, Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill (with VIP tickets for the Candelight Processional), Ohana, and Crystal Palace.

So, this trip marks a lot of WDW firsts for me (Christmas season, restaurants, and Port Orleans). I can't wait to report back to you guys and tell you how it all went!!

~Ashleigh

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Have a great trip and a great time with all of your firsts! I love all of those restaurants and Christmas time is a wonderful time to go! Have fun!
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    How fun!!! Have an amazing time!! I can't wait to hear about it!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Hope you have a great time and that the weather co-operates. Be sure to bring things you can wear in layers. The nights generally are fairly chilly.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Day 1 so far...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

I have been up since 3:50 AM waiting to go and will be on the road in a little less than 45 minutes! I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited. I'll talk to you guys on the 23rd!
    ~Ashleigh

Well, I'm back and had a blast! I took well over 1,000 pictures and can't wait to start posting - I just have to get them all organized and uploaded and such, along with wrapping and finishing up my Christmas shopping!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 1

Well, I was almost done with Day 1 when I got that Internet Explorer error message that shuts down your screen, so I have to start again with Day 1. I'll do it in installments - should be easier!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 1, part 1

Well, as you know, we actually started out our vacation on time! I had planned for us leaving between 6:30 and 7:00 and we were on the road by 6:45! Everything was packed, so we got right on the road. The ride down was uneventful - just 2 stops - one restroom break and we gassed up in Gainesville. We were in Disney by 1:30 and I was kind of freaking out because I accidentally went through the Sun Pass part of the toll booth, so I didn't pay the .50 toll but I did snap the same picture that many of us always do

After that, we checked into the All Star Music Resort. As we were waiting to check in, I took a few pictures of the lobby.

When we got to the check in counter, I was telling my sister, Allyson, that I had lost the sticker that I put on my folder, so the man checking us in gave me a whole bunch of Mickey stickers! It totally made my day!

Next, we dumped our stuff in our room and headed to the Magic Kingdom. Here's a picture of the room while it was nice and clean

We were soon at MK. It was pretty overwhelming taking in all of the holiday decorations for the first time, the parade, and the fact that I was actually back in my favorite place in the world (in a good way of course!), but I managed to snap a few pictures in the process.

We made it up to the times board at the end of Main Street and I was shocked at how short the wait times were - nothing was over a 20-30 minute wait! We went over to Splash Mountain (the ride we ALWAYS ride first), BTMRR, HM, and the Liberty Belle. I took a couple of pictures on the Liberty Belle.

After that, we headed over to Sleepy Hollow for a funnel cake. I heard Lou talking about it on a podcast, so I decided to try it (that's right - I've never had a funnel cake before!). It was very tasty!

I got a picture of Allyson in front of the castle before we headed over to DHS for our dinner at the 50s Prime Time Cafe...

~Ashleigh

Next up will be Day 1, Part 2 - 50s Prime Time Cafe (the last time I ate there was 15 years ago!) and my first live Osborne Family Lights experience! I'll do that tomorrow since I'm tired and need to be asleep so Santa will stop at my house tonight!!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 1, part 2

So after we left MK, we realized that there was no direct transporation to DHS so we had to go back to our hotel and hop on a bus from there to DHS. It took a little longer than expected, but we were still there in plenty of time for our ADR at the 50s Prime Time Cafe. We bought our Mickey Santa hats since they were 50% off and I got a couple of pictures as we were walking in.

We got to the 50s Prime Time Cafe and checked in at our reservation time, and it was very crowded so we took a seat in the "living room." We were far away from the host/ess stand that I was afraid that they would call our name and we wouldn't hear it, so I gave up my seat and waited closer to them so I could hear. We ended up waiting a little longer than 30 minutes for a table, so by the time we sat down (about 8:50), we were pretty tired and ready to sleep. However, the wait was well worth it and the food was excellent! We both got the fried chicken and agreed that it very tasty!

Our "cousin" (waiter) wasn't as animated as the cousin at the tables next to us, but he was still really nice and efficient and we were so tired that it wasn't a big deal. I heard that the s'mores were really good here, so we tried it and it was sooo good - and simple! Anyone could just make it right at home!

Anyway, since it was EMH that night and the park was still open, we decided to take a peek at the Osborne Lights before we left. As we turned the corner, both of our mouths flew open! I have seen pictures before this trip, but they just can't do justice to the real thing! It was AMAZING!!! We walked up and down the streets and just took in the details. We both agreed that we could both spend the whole night there if we could!

That's me on the right and my sister, Allyson on the left.

One of my favorite parts of Disney World is being able to just soak in the details, so looking at the various displays on the fire escapes and on the porches was so cool! One of my favorite details is the leg lamp in the window of the funeral director's house. They also had a TV with ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas commercial running in a loop by the window. I got the best picture I could of it, even though it didn't turn out as best as I had hoped...

After that, we decided to head back to the hotel and get some shut-eye and get rested up for the next day. I got this picture as we were walking out.

~Ashleigh

Next up will be Downtown Disney (with Wolfgang Puck Express), around the All Star Music Resort, Crystal Palace, and MK EMH!
    ~Ashleigh

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am enjoying your trip report so far. Thanks for writing it and I can't wait to read more!!!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Great report and photos so far, looking forward to the rest!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Thanks, guys! I'm working on Day 2 now!
    ~Ashleigh

Day 2, part 1

Today we started off the day by setting up our Christmas tree in the room - all Disney ornaments, of course. We were going to do it the night before, but we were too exhausted. We also decorated our window. Here are a couple of pictures of it:

After that, we headed to DTD. We needed to get our Christmas shopping done and we knew that it was going to get really crowded towards the end of the week/weekend, so we knew that going early in the trip would save us a headache or two. First up was, of course, the World of Disney. We ended up just buying a few things.

From there, we stopped in Basin and had a great time looking at all of the soap designs and trying the salt scrubs (HIGHLY recommended - it makes your hands feel so soft!). Next up was Gherardelli (my dad loves their chocolate, so we picked him up some), then 365 Days of Christmas for some ornaments (since they were 50% off). The store was definately the most crowded, but still not too bad.

After that, we just wondered around a few more stores and picked up a few more things. The parrots outside of the Rainforest Cafe were there, so I snapped a few pictures of them playing and being loud.

Then it was time for lunch. I had heard that Wolfgang Puck Express was very good, so we decided to try it. I got the Chicken Alfredo with the Caesar side salad and was not disappointed!

After that, my sister realized that she was charged full price for an ornament, even though the signs said 50% off all ornaments, so she went back to the Christmas store while I waited outside. When she was done, she told me that they tried to tell her that that particular ornament was not on sale, even though all of the signs said ALL ornaments 50% off , so once that was sorted out, she had to wait in another line to get her money back. Oh well...

After we were fed and shopped out, we went back to the hotel to put the chocolate in a place where it wouldn't melt and then wondered around and took some pictures.

After that, we figured that Mousekeeping was done cleaning our room, so we went back and got ready for the parks!

Next up, dinner at Crystal Palace and EMH at MK!
    ~Ashleigh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast