Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Tinkerbell, Ape, Cinderella, Dizisit, and Darling take on the world! in the Vacation Planning forums; The Most Bestest Disney World Trip Report Ever I am lucky enough to have met Caroline (tinkerbell) and Jake (conceited ape) in December of 2007 and to have chatted with ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

Tinkerbell, Ape, Cinderella, Dizisit, and Darling take on the world!

The Most Bestest Disney World Trip Report Ever

I am lucky enough to have met Caroline (tinkerbell) and Jake (conceited ape) in December of 2007 and to have chatted with Ms. Kerrylicious (Cinderella2) on a regular basis so when I learned that the three of them would be in Florida in December 08 I made plans to meet up with them.

Originally I was going to drive down Friday morning and spend all day Friday and part of Saturday with them – but my childcare plans changed last minute so I ended up driving down Thursday instead and staying through Friday.
    I met the three adventurers in the lobby of Pop at 9am. We got coffee and snacks and then I whisked them away in my chariot – ahem – 99 Saturn with scratchy ceiling – to start the day at Epcot. It was raining lightly when we got there. Jake and Caroline manned through it while Kerry and I bundled up and shrieked like the sissies we are.

We did the stand by line for Soarin first – the sign indicated a 35 minute wait but in actuality we were on the ride in less than 15. Next was Nemo which Kerry had never ridden (she liked the jelly fish scene but I think the Australian current scene made her a little nauseous). Jake counted how many times you hear Nemo, I think it was 23 times. All the water on that ride necessitated a potty break toute de suite. When the girls returned we found Jake missing and took turns sleuthing him out.

Once our merry little party had reassembled we headed off to Spaceship Earth where I correctly guessed the exact location of the inevitable breakdown (Rome burning). Kerry and I sat behind Jake and Caroline and laughed our butts off at her cartoon characters antics.
    Next was Mission Space. Jake and I (the tough guys) rode orange while Kerry and Caroline (the wimpy guys) opted for green. Very fun ride but I am always so tempted to close my eyes and or look to the side (just because they tell us not to).

By the time we left MS it was pouring – I managed to get wet despite my combination poncho and umbrella. I think we were all happy to get out of the rain and into le cellier for lunch.
    Caroline used her Canadian mojo to get us a nice table with an adorable waitress (Kerry wanted to take her with us, I just wanted to tweak her nose). We all four had the cheese soup – a first for Kerry and I – and I already told Caro, Jake, and Kerry – but let me just put it out there for the public record that when I die I would like to be embalmed with that stuff – sooo good! Kerry had a chicken Caesar salad with a charcoal brick (I mean well done steak) instead of chicken. I had the steak salad (with rare beef – the way God intended it to be enjoyed). Jake had a steak sandwich and Caroline just stuck with the bowl of soup and lotsa bread. The girls also ordered sides of mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese in a classic case of our-eyes-were-bigger-than-our-stomachs syndrome. I think we ate two bites of each. Caroline finished her mashed potatoes as it is one of her four food groups, bread, butter, mashed potatoes and chocolate.

It was no longer pouring when we got done with lunch and after a viewing of the Canada film we headed to the rest of World Showcase. We lost Jake (again) in England, France, and Morocco. Kerry bought a rugby ball in England and some very expensive mascara in France. Caroline and I bought some yummy baklava and coffee then had to pry Jake from his fans on the streets of Morocco.

Kerry had dinner plans at Ohana so we skipped the other half of WS in favor of riding El Rio (gotta get the footsie pics).

We parked at the Ticket and Transportation center and used my ultra seekrit cut through to Polynesian. Kerry went to dinner and the three of us took a wee wittle boat to MK for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party!

Caroline lent me a mickey santa hat to put me in the jolly holiday mood and we set off for Tomorrowland where we did the Laugh Floor and Space Mountain, Caroline was very happy they didn’t pick her to interact with. I had a slight rumbly in my tumbly so I asked Caroline where we should eat. "Picklesville" she told me. "What?" "Pickles...ville" She looked at me like I was crazy. I thought I had eaten my way through the world - how had i never heard of a place called picklesville - pickles are a major staple in my diet! Turns out that Picklesville is actually Pecos Bill with a Canadian accent! Picklesville (as it will hereafter be know) was yummy - I had a BBQ pork sandwich and Caroline and Jake had the chicken wraps, deelish!
    After dinner we met up with Kerry, Mr. Steve (disizit), and Mrs. Mr. Steve. We caught a bit of the parade and then hopped on BTMR (my all time fave). The rest of the night was a bit of a blur but I do remember Space Mountain, Teacups, Peter Pan, IASW, cookies and cocoa, HM again, Splash, Thunder again, and the shooting gallery (Kerry is a sharp shooter – don’t let her tell you any different). We also met Lou somewhere in the mix – he is much taller and more buff in real life J It was so much fun to be at MK with other disney nuts - Caro and I held hands and skipped through fantasy land like a couple of lunatics! Someone asked what was in our cocoa - our response? "joy!"

My overall review of the Christmas party was that while it was fun, and the lines were wonderful, I am not sure I would go out of my way to do it again – it really didn’t feel that much different than any other night that the park is open late. Now, if they had made enough snow on main street to make snow angels I would be singing a different tune entirely!
    We were all beat by the time we got back to Pop (Kerry said I fell asleep mid conversation).
    The next morning we met up for a day at AK. Kerry and I got coffees for everyone and bagels for ourselves at the hotel.

Once at AK we met up with Mr. and Mrs. Steve again at the safari and from there raced over to Everest. We did single rider line twice and then made our way over to Finding Nemo the Musical. This is officially my new favorite show – very well done and a real tear jerker!
    We had ADR’s at Yak and Yeti for 1pm so we quickly visited the tigers and then headed to the restaurant. Caroline and I both had the honey chicken, Kerry had the Mahi Mahi, and I cannot remember what Jake had (sorry Jake). We all split the dim sum and eggrolls. Overall it was okay but not nearly as good as le cellier.

My favorite AK ride is Primeval Whirl and the girls good naturedly agreed to ride it with me while Jake waited at the exit. The line claimed to be 40 minutes long but ended up closer to an hour. We girl talked up a storm (my formal apologies to the family behind us – I hope our euphemisms were vague enough) and giggled like a pack of hyenas on the ride.
    The clock struck 4 by the time PW was over and I had to return to my real life. I dropped the others off at Epcot and several hugs and kisses later I was on my way home.

The worst part about Disney is arriving home – I was not ready for my mini vacation to be over – then a light bulb went off in my head – I only live an hour away – I could go back – like soon! I called Kerry that night and let her know to expect Riley (my 3 year old son) and I Sunday morning!

Riley was so excited when I told him we were going to WDW - he chattered away in the backseat the whole drive down and we did our traditional beating on the roof of the car while honking as we drove under the welcome sign. We ambushed a still half asleep Kerry in her room and then left her and Kerry-line (as Riley calls Caroline) to shower and dress while we got breakfast in the lobby.

Riley and I played around the pool area and perused the lobby gift shop before meeting up with Kerry and Kerry-line for some MGM fun (it is still MGM to me – I am old school and stubborn as all get up!)

We took the bus this time because Riley lurves the bus. He gave the surprised driver a big hug and besso as we got off.

He had one melt down on the way into the park which Kerry and Caroline were very understanding about and thankfully simmered down a bit by the time we got inside. We caught some of HSM3 before getting fast passes for Toy Story Mania. Riley wanted to see Bolt so we waited in a long line for that for a while before deciding to opt out and visit sorcerer Mickey instead.

Afterwards we headed over to Narnia which was just bizarre – basically a ten minute wait to watch a movie preview and see a couple of costumes – so not worth it – I wonder what Disney was thinking?

Riley and I watched Playhouse Disney (the girls for some reason opted out – can’t say I blame them). Riley loved it - I couldn’t quite tell if he was dancing or having a seizure but either way he was really into it – I wish they would do the stage a little different - its really hard to see well when you are sitting on the floor.

We met the girls at Backlot Express for lunch. Riley and I had chicken tenders, Caroline had a veggie sandwich, and Kerry enjoyed a hotdog.
    We headed over to Lights, Motors, Action next - What a great show (and I’m not even a car person). Riley loved it and gave me the play by play and his review while it was happening. Kerry and Kerry-line kept dozing off, and in case you haven’t been to the show, it is a dangerous place to fall asleep.

We decided to ride ToT next. Kerry and Caroline went first and then we baby swapped so I could ride it. Kerry watched Riley who treated her to ice cream while they waited. I hate this ride with a fiery passion and have no idea why I continue to ride it every trip. Afterwards we got passes for RnRC and decided to come back when the line was shorter.

We had ressies at Mama Melrose for an early dinner. Riley and Kerry both had pizza and I had the tomatoes and mozzarella appetizer and Caroline had the bread salad. All three girls had adult beverages – Kerry and I had Passion Fruit Mojitos and Caroline had an Antioxidant cocktail. Riley got the pirate punch complete with a pocket sized glowing pirate.

After dinner we headed over to Toy Story Mania to cash in our fast passes. The stand by was over 2 hours! Riley loved it and I thought it was so-so..fun but definitely not worth a 2 hour wait! If I could change it I would add more ride in between the games- it kinda felt like you were just being carted from game to game and not really like you were on a ride. Kerry-line loves this ride.

After Toy Story I managed to get lost for a little while then all four of us headed over to the Osbourne lights – It was totally and completely wall to wall packed. I like people in small doses and the mass of humanity kind of put me off but the lights were spectacular and Riley, perched high above my shoulders, just thought it was the best thing ever. It took us a while to get away from the lights and over to sunset boulevard again. Kerry and Caroline rode RnRC (Kerry’s new favorite ride) and got stuck in line for a while (someones harness wasn’t popping back up). By the time they finally rode the fast pass line was enormous so we decided to try again after Fantasmic.

We checked out our photo pass pics while we waited for the next Fantasmic seating and Riley had melt down numero two when his wee glowing pirate became stuck in his pants. By the time we made it back to Fantasmic the show was standing room only. We decided to ride RnRC instead while Kerry sat with Riley.On the way out of the park Kerry had one of her "can’t walk I am laughing too much moments", something about pants, pirates and booty.

We rounded out our day with a little shopping both at the park and back at the resort. Riley was passed out on the bus and woke up just long enough to say good bye to his new Aunties.
    I had such an amazing weekend – I don’t think I have laughed so hard in a long time – For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting them, let me just say that Kerry, and Caroline are two of the warmest, kindest, silliest people I have ever met. I have no doubt that we will stay in close touch - we have already begun planning for next years trip (don’t worry Jake, we won’t make you wear the matching pink shirts!)
    Last edited by disneydarling; 01-09-2011 at 01:14 AM.
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Oh this makes me laugh so hard reading it again!
    I am going to have to add some photos for everyone's giggling pleasure.

And I still have yet to eat at Picklesville!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Yay! This was great! The week is a blur to me at this point, glad you could sort out the days you were with us.

EeyoresBuddy is offline 'till "Tomorrow"
    A GREAT read!
    Sounds as though you all had a really brilliant time.
    Yes..come on Kerry where are the pictures?

x Joan x
    8 Vacations to WDW between 1989 and 2010 & 2 Trips to DLP

Slurping as we speak!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Antics and mayhem. Sounds like it was great! Picklesville, that will be used against someone in the future
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

A delicious salad with Le Cellier steak on top...

I just noticed I have nearly as many food pics as I do people pics!

The Le Cellier mac and cheese after I had my two bites...
    boy I wish I had some of that right now!!!

France's fabulous Christmas tree. Coming to a princess's house near you!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I think only your "friends" will be able to see the photos you are posting.

I know. I did that on purpose.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    wonderful report!!!!! Of course now i wanna go too, would my family notice if i snuck over the Atlantic the next time you are all going?
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

The next time we go a couple of us "need" you to be there!

Lou's spot!

Lou and Mr. Steve hug it out in the rose garden.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast