Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rachel's Sort-of MouseFest Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Congrats once again! Great TR. I never seen the monkey from Aladdin (Sorry don't remember the name) at the parks before....
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Congrats once again! Great TR. I never seen the monkey from Aladdin (Sorry don't remember the name) at the parks before.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great trip report Rachel and congrats on your engagement!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Congrats once again! Great TR. I never seen the monkey from Aladdin (Sorry don't remember the name) at the parks before.
    Thanks! Abu the monkey! I've never seen him before either, but I enjoyed seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherhy01 View Post
    Great trip report Rachel and congrats on your engagement!
    Thanks so much!

Now back to our story

After seeing Mickey we went and got seats for Fantasmic. I had seen video on YouTube, but it doesn't give the show justice as how it looks in person. I loved it! I video taped the whole thing, so we'll have it to relive over and over.

After Fantasmic was over, we worked our way through the mass of people and then took the Friendship boat back over to EPCOT. We entered through the International Gateway and I stopped in France to get a couple of chocolate croissants from the Boulangerie Patisserie (yummy!). I then staked out a spot in Italy for Illuminations while Chauncey got a beer from Germany. Then we got settled in for Illuminations, which was another first for both of us. I especially loved the extra holiday tag they added at the end with Walter Cronkite. Again, I taped the whole thing so we can watch it again and again. I even made sure to tape the message that they project on Spaceship Earth in the different languages, which I didn't know they did and thought was very cool.

After Illuminations was over we made our way back to the car and then back to the condo to get some rest.
    Last edited by flutter; 12-29-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Abu his name is Abu

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Time for more!

Thursday morning we got up and started our day at AK. We did Expedition Everest, which is probably my favorite roller coaster out of all of the ones at WDW. Then we did Dinosaur, which Chauncey loved. Then after grabbing a turkey leg (those things are so good!) and practically inhaling it, we did It's Tough To Be A Bug.

Us in line for EE

I love the que for EE, there is so much to look at

Bug Eyes!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

After AK we were going to go to EPCOT and try and meet up with Melissa and her family. As we were leaving the AK, the tram to the parking lot had just left by the time we got to the station. However this CM walked up to us and told us we were going to get a magical moment! He filled out a certificate and then gave the two of us a ride on a golf cart right to our car! I don't remember his name, but I do remember he was from Ohio and he had visited Indianapolis a number of times for the Indy 500 so we talked about that. It was a small thing, but we thought it was the coolest.

So we hopped in the car and drove to EPCOT. I tried texting Melissa but we'd keep missing each other's texts because either she or I would walk into a building where we didn't get any reception on our phones. So in the time it took to catch each other, Chauncey and I did quite a few things in Future World. We did Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Nemo, and Turtle Talk With Crush. After that we finally caught up with Melissa and her family at the American Adventure. I was trying to sneak up on her as they were entering the building but the CM manning the door stopped her because he saw her birthday button. I heard him ask her where she was from and then told her that he was the person he had been waiting for. He told her to go over to a phone and dial some number, I'm assuming it was probably Mickey or the like on the other end wishing her a happy birthday. However, the same CM saw Chauncey and mine's engaged buttons and started talking to us about how Chauncey proposed and where. So while Melissa was on the phone getting her birthday greeting she overheard our conversation and proceeded to hang up the phone in excitement when she heard our news! I didn't have Melissa's number on the day Chauncey proposed so I couldn't include her in the mass texting telling everyone the news. But once I did get her number, I decided to surprise her and not tell her and let her find out in person. I think it worked! So after some screaming and hugging we all made our way into the theatre to watch the American Adventure.

Unfortunately after the AA, Melissa and crew had an ADR for dinner in Japan so we had to part ways. But we have each other's number so now we can keep in touch. Chauncey and I then headed back towards Future World knowing that we'd have to leave in a few hours to make our way to the Boardwalk. We were meeting my mom for dinner at the ESPN Club so we could watch the Colts - Jags game. We stopped to take some pictures near Mexico of the sunset and some other things around World Showcase:

Then we did Mission Space (I did green, Chauncey did orange) and Spaceship Earth one more time before saying farewell to EPCOT. Dinner at the ESPN Club was very good, I had a HUGE bacon cheeseburger, and there were quite a few Colts fans there which made the atmosphere quite fun. After dinner we went back to the condo and settled in to rest before our last day in WDW.

Last part of the trip report....:cries:

Friday morning Chauncey and I got up early again and started our day at the Hollywood Studios. We weren't at the Studios for very long, just long enough to see the film in One Man's Dream, Star Tours and Muppet Vision 3-D. We thought about doing ToT one last time, but the wait was too long and we didn't have time to do Fast Passes either. So we bid farewell to the Hollywood Studios and hopped in the car and drove to the Magic Kingdom.

We arrived at the MK and hopped on the WDW railroad and rode it to Adventureland. We were going to grab Fast Passes for Splash Mountain and then grab something to eat, but again we received a bit of pixie dust. I was about to put our tickets in the machine when the CM there stopped me and we received Fast Passes that we could use right away! So jumped in the FP line and soon we were enjoying that long drop into the briar patch with Brear Rabbit. We didn't get too wet, but just enough to take some of the heat off from the bright sun. Since we were lucky enough to have gotten those FP for Splash, and hadn't had to use our tickets, we grabbed FP for Big Thunder Mountain and went to Pecos Bill's for lunch. We checked out the menu and ordered our food, and while we were waiting for our order the girl behind the counter commented on our engaged buttons and gave us a free desert! It was just a small carrot cake, but it was still a nice gesture. We inhaled our food (we both got the pulled pork BBQ sandwich which was sooooooo good!) because we were starving and then went over to the Haunted Mansion while we waited for our FP time for BTM. Chauncey had absolutely been hooked on the HM and we ended up riding in twice in a row before heading back for BTM. After BTM we grabbed some gifts in the shop at POTC and then rode Pirates (which made 5 rides in one trip, a new personal record )

After Pirates we started toward the hub and made a stop in front of the castle and a CM took a picture of the two of us in our "graduation" hats. These aren't our actual college graduation mortar boards since we haven't participated in a graduation ceremony yet, but we were using them in the meantime. Both our mothers wanted a picture of us in front of the castle with us wearing them and the CM was nice enough to take the picture.

After that we walked over to Mickey's Toontown Fair and walked through Mickey's house and joined the line in the Judge's tent to see Mickey. When we walked in we were surprised to find not only Mickey but Minnie too! One of the CMs noticed our buttons and told Mickey and Minnie that we were newly engaged and Minnie made this big fuss and then Mickey got all embarrassed. It was pretty funny. We had Mickey and Minnie sign our hats and then the CM took pictures of us doing a "ring shot" and then a picture of us without the ring and with our hats on.

After seeing Mickey and Minnie we just kind of wandered around since it was getting close to park closing. We stopped in Sir Mickey's and took some fun photos around the back side of the castle. Then we slowly made our way up Main Street, shopping along the way before departing the MK for the last time.

So that's the end of our trip. I had so much fun for so many reasons, getting to take Chauncey on his first visit to WDW, meeting some friends for the first time face-to-face, seeing some friends again, getting engaged to a wonderful man in my favorite place....Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments! I can't wait till our next trip!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Congrats Rach!

I love love love that last pic of the castle! Mind if I nab it as my screensaver at work?
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Congrats Rach!

I love love love that last pic of the castle! Mind if I nab it as my screensaver at work?
    Thanks Meg! Not at all, nab all you like!

princesslb is offline A-Ticket holder
    this is great! congratulations! by the way you've inspired me to document my trip next week more thoroughly! yay
    "all my wishes will come true."
    CP alumni spring 2008

Quote Originally Posted by princesslb View Post
    this is great! congratulations! by the way you've inspired me to document my trip next week more thoroughly! yay
    Thanks! Have fun on your trip!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Great end to a great TR Rachel.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123