Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rachel's Sort-of MouseFest Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm back from another fun filled trip to the World! Granted I did not enjoy leaving the 80 degree weather, I am excited to be back and share my trip ...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Cool Rachel's Sort-of MouseFest Trip Report

I'm back from another fun filled trip to the World! Granted I did not enjoy leaving the 80 degree weather, I am excited to be back and share my trip with all of you. I'm currently in the middle of uploading my 500+ photos but once they are up, I'll hop to it!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Yay!!! I can't wait to see them and hear all about your extra special magical trip!!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    look forward to it!
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

Hurry up!!! I want engagement details!!!

Wish we could've hung out longer.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Yeah my photos are done uploading so now I can start sharing! I'll start with some background first for those of you who don't know me. While I'm not the most seasoned Disney vet, I have developed quite a large obsession in the last few years. My mom and I took a trip in November of 2006, and I did a solo trip last December. This year it was myself, my mom and my boyfriend Chauncey. This was to be not only Chauncey's first ever trip to WDW, but his first trip to Florida! All three of us were over due for a vacation, with my mom working a full-time job and Chauncey and I had just finished earning our bachelor degrees from IU. So we took this trip as a chance to get away from the cold and to celebrate our graduation.

We left bitterly cold Indiana at 4am on the 13th. My mom took the wheel first thing since she's the morning person and Chauncey and I slept. We only made a few stops for gas and one stop at Steak 'N Shake in upper Georgia. Since we had left so early we missed a lot of traffic which made the trip fairly smooth.

Some of the views along the way:

We made it to Florida!

We arrived at our resort about 9pm, about the same time I started getting texts from Lori and Tracy (who were apparently enjoying the libations at EPCOT for Lou's Illuminations meet). After unpacking we hit the hay to get some rest before Chauncey's first step onto Disney property the next day!
    Last edited by fungus_01; 12-21-2008 at 11:06 PM.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

After getting a decent night's sleep Chauncey and I got in the car and drove to the Magic Kingdom for Lou's Trivia meet. First we stopped at City Hall and got Chauncey a "first visit" button, and the lady gave me an "honorary citizen" button since I was showing him around. We made our way to the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station and waited for folks to start showing up. This was the first trip that I had been able to catch some of MouseFest, so I was quite excited to finally meet some of my DWT friends face-to-face and see some old ones again.

Chauncey's first monorail ride

His first view of Main Street USA

Chauncey in "the spot"

We had just had a short talk with a CM about football (I was wearing my Colts jersey and he was for the Bears) when who should show up but Lou! This was my first time meeting Lou and I think I scared him with my overly-enthusiastic greeting, but after a few hugs and hellos it was all good with Mr. Mongello. Not long after Lori appeared and we finally got to meet her too! Soon quite a few people were gathered and I also got to meet Tracy and her DH, Mini-V and I got to see Amanda and her DH again! We stayed for most of the meet, but then went with Tracy and Amanda to a RADP meet over at POTC for "Pirates and Pineapple".

Lou hard at work

Pirates is one of my all time favorite rides and was certainly a great choice for Chauncey's first ever attraction. After riding POTC we all went and got Dole Whips, which was a first for both Chauncey and myself. Yummy! Then we parted ways and we did the Jungle Cruise before heading to Tomorrowland for the COP meet. After the COP meet (and getting stuck on the last scene :crazy: ) Melissa showed up so we got to say hi to her as well. By then we were starving to we parted ways with our friends.

Arrggg!

Told you we were hungry!

Getting caught trying to get to Tomorrowland by the 3 o'clock parade

Chauncey and I shared a turkey leg (again another first for the both of us) before riding the Haunted Mansion. Chauncey loves Halloween and haunted houses and the HM is now his favorite attraction, we'd end up riding it 4 times by the end of the trip. We also did a few more attractions before catching the castle lighting ceremony at the end of the night. I love how the castle is decorated during the holiday's but had never seen the show. I cried as the fairy godmother waved her wand and the castle became covered in lights, it's just beautiful! After the ceremony we made our way back to our room to rest up because we had a long day ahead of us beginning the following morning.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Wonderful report so far!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Keep 'em coming.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Great TR so far Rachel! Can't wait to read more.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I can't wait to go home and see the photos! Darn photobucket.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Great start so far!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Love the photos!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

So Monday morning my mom, Chauncey and myself got up really early since we an ADR for breakfast at the Crystal Palace. We arrived at the MK about 15 minutes before park opening and we got to by-pass the crowds since we had an ADR *yeah!* I checked us in and the lady asked if we were celebrating anything and I told her "two college graduations, 1 first time visitor, new job...." just a couple of things :-) Mom took the time to snap pictures of Main Street and the castle before the park got too crowded, then before long they called our name and we got our seat. I've eaten at the CP before, but this was a first for the other two, so I explained how Pooh and friends would make their way around to the tables and we could come and go as we filled our plates.

Mom showing Pooh some love

Chauncey and Tigger, they were trying to be gangster (personally I think he's more goofy )

Us and Piglet (Chauncey's parents have a mini-pin named after Piglet, but we call him Piggy)

Pooh decided to sit on Chauncey's lap

Then he showed us what he'd like for Christmas, a BIG pot of honey!

Mom with her favorite, Eeyor

My mom's not nearly the Disney fanatic that I am so when we made these vacation plans, she decided she only wanted to visit the parks for one day so we had to pick and choose which attractions were a must do with her and try and hit them all in one day. So after stuffing ourselves we left the MK to head off to our next destination, the Animal Kingdom.

Some fun with the spinning Minnie at the TTC on our way back to the car

After the car ride to the AK we made it through the gates and back toward Kilimanjaro Safaris where after seeing the 45 minute by-pass line wait time, we decided to grab some Fast Passes and walk the Pangani Forest Trail while we waited. My mom is a HUGE animal lover and once she gets anywhere near animals with her camera it's hard to stop her.

Not sure this guy is native, but he fits the decor :-)

My mom's favorite subject to photograph, ducks!

You talkin' to me?

One of my favorites, the meerkats

The gorillas weren't doing much when we saw them, just lounging around. Apparently this gal is one of three girlfriends the one boy gorilla has!

By the time we were done with the trail it was time to use our Fast Passes and go on the safari. Mom sat on the side so she could take pictures. I had forgotten how bumpy the ride can be, so the video I took should be fun to watch

Mom wasn't to interested in doing Expedition Everest or Dinosaur and Chauncey and I knew we would be coming back to the park later in the week. So after our safari was over we decided to head out to our next park, EPCOT.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    More great TR Rach! I like the pics of MK when there isn't a lot of people.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast