Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Official Pre-Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; We're less than 4 weeks away now so I'm getting excited! My brain is definitely moving into Disney mode and we're getting everything all set to go! I figured this ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking Jenn's Official Pre-Trip Report

We're less than 4 weeks away now so I'm getting excited! My brain is definitely moving into Disney mode and we're getting everything all set to go! I figured this was as good a time as any to go ahead and start a little pre-trip report out here with all the details.

For those that don't know... this trip has been in the works for quite awhile but has changed quite a bit during the past 2 weeks. About 6 months ago or so my mother and I decided we were going to schedule a big family trip. It was to be me, DS, DH, her and her husband. We were so psyched to do a big family thing. One of the things we most looked forward to was being able to pass off our son for a few hours so we could do the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

Alas... due to finances and a last minute trip, my mother can no longer afford to join us. My husband and I decided months ago though that we were going, no matter what.

My mother happily surprised us with an early Christmas gift. She is covering the cost of our room and our dining plan so all we had to worry about was tickets (which we already have) and gas for the drive down. It's going to be one heck of a trip because she couldn't change the room reservation so we're staying a bit "upscale" for our little family of 3.

RESORT: Wilderness Lodge
    ROOM: 2 Bedroom Villa
    TIME: 3 Nights (2 Days in the Parks)

Our not-quite-3-year-old is going to have his own room! That will actually be a huge blessing. Ordinarily we get back to our little room at ASMo and he shares a bed with me and we have to start our "quiet" routine early to allow him rest. This trip my husband and I can have some "us" time after he's in bed. Break open the fridge and maybe cook up some snacks and have some wine (or beer in his case). Plus after he goes to bed and I pour myself that wonderful glass I can hop into the big jacuzzi tub and just soak away the day!

So here's our plans...

We're arriving Mid-afternoon Sunday, January 25th (by personal vehicle from our home here in Charlotte, NC). Our plans that day after check-in are to head over to Downtown and do a little shopping/strolling and then to a grocery store down Apopka Vineland for some groceries for our fridge. I'd love to get Aaron in for a pony ride over at the resort too... we'll see how that works out.

Monday we'll be spending the day in the Magic Kingdom. Starting off our day with an 8:10am ADR at the Crystal Palace (something I will never not do again). That night at 6:30 we're heading back to the resort for dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. I'm hoping Aaron loves this as much as I think he will.

Tuesday we'll be spending the day at Epcot, starting our day with a 7:55 ADR at 'Ohana. We let our son pick the ADR for this day. I laid out all his options and once I said "Stitch" the decision was made. It's one character he's not had the chance to interact with much and none of us have been to the Polynesian (well I was in 1989 but don't remember a thing).

In between all those meals we'll be doing some counter-service stuff and maybe a snack or two back at the room to relax a bit, and let the crazy boy nap... maybe my son too (har har).

Wednesday morning we'll be checking out and heading on home... probably with a pit stop (if you can call it that) backstage to get lost... something we love to do now that we have a GPS. LOL!

So there it is... my pre-trip report. Let's see if the trip ends up looking anything like that eh?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

NaDawn1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Jenn -
    Hope you have a blast!
    I live in NC also..and the drive there and back over Christmas was clear (except for Georgia..dang construction!)
    Should be lots of fresh College Program members there (my son leaves his program Jan 2, and the international students leave Jan 16).
    Dawn

Oh yay construction in Georgia... my favorite! At least that section of I4 as you get just past the city is finally done. I swear that expansion was under construction for close to 5 years!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Everything sounds cool Jenn...How long is the drive? We just returned from NC, 5+ hours with two almost 2 year olds... Although they did sleep most of the trip back.....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    Everything sounds cool Jenn...How long is the drive? We just returned from NC, 5+ hours with two almost 2 year olds... Although they did sleep most of the trip back.....
    About 9 hours from home to resort. It sounds bad but we time it just right so that he can watch a movie, eat lunch, nap, watch another movie and we get there. Well, at least it worked out well in May!

BIG NEWS: Just found out Aaron has grown to his 40" mark!! Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Test Track and Soarin' here we come!!!

I'm most excited about this because Soarin' is one of my husband and I's favorites at Epcot and we haven't been able to do it since Aaron was born. We're hoping that he won't flip out. LOL!

Anyone know what the wait has been like for dinner at T-Rex?

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Jenn this trip sounds exciting. Aaron gets to do all the fun rides, he will not flip on Soarin, just start him off getting excited about it now, on his swing-tell him this is kinda like Soarin, or whatever will help. So much fun at that age. Can't wait to read more-I know nothing of T-Rex.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Anyone know what the wait has been like for dinner at T-Rex?
    On a 'normal' night they were saying around an hour. On a weekend night they were saying 2 or more. Jenn, I would suggest going for lunch. We were there about 10 minutes before they opened (11 AM) and got in line. We were the third table to be seated as soon as they opened. Aaron will love the restaurant! My boys wanted to go back!

How exciting that Aaron is big enough to ride some 'new' rides!!! Now that Tanner has passed that milestone he's getting measured weekly so he can reach the tall enough for Space Mountain milestone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    On a 'normal' night they were saying around an hour. On a weekend night they were saying 2 or more. Jenn, I would suggest going for lunch. We were there about 10 minutes before they opened (11 AM) and got in line. We were the third table to be seated as soon as they opened. Aaron will love the restaurant! My boys wanted to go back!
    I was hoping that being one of the slowest weeks of the year it wouldn't be bad but you're probably right. Problem is, I don't know if there is a time we can fit it in for lunch instead. Maybe an early dinner to avoid the crowd. I'm thinking we will be getting onto property around 3:00ish so maybe we'll go check-in and then head over.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Sounds like you're going to have a great time.... i can't wait to read the trip report!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Ok so I have the reservation letter in my hands (turns out mom is now a DVC member and booked the trip on her points - she's so sneaky) and the money for the dining plan, as well as a little spending money. Got the kennel booked for the dogs, all ADRs made and tickets purchased. So now I'm in that horrible part of getting ready for a trip to Disney... the part where there is nothing left to do but pack and wait. Half the fun is planning!

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    oh, i so agree about the fun of planning! Heck, im not even 19 yet, and Im a seasoned Disney vacation planner...i think it all stems from the fact that my parents became DVC members when i was 9, so i pretty much know everything from almost 10 years of studying it, haha. But packing is always fun too!!!!!
    Thats cool that your son is now able to ride all the good rides. My little brother reached that mark in April, on his 4th birthday actually. He LOVES Big Thunder Mountain and Test Track, and he really enjoyed Soarin' as well. He didnt go on Splash Mountain cuz hes got this thing against water going in his face, so we figured wed wait on that one, lol. Anwyay, have a blast!!!!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

Thanks Lisa! I'm now just counting down the inches until he can do everything which is pretty much 4 more inches (44").

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    aw, don't worry! He'll get there eventually! And it will be a sweeet moment when he does!!! I think my dad was like thrilled when i reached the mark for everything, cuz he finally had somebody to ride with, haha
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast