Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DAR's Trip to the Magic Kingdom in the Vacation Planning forums; As a christmas present received a trip to Orlando to watch the Wisconsin/Florida State game which was a disaster but still fun. We had a few days there so we ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

DAR's Trip to the Magic Kingdom

As a christmas present received a trip to Orlando to watch the Wisconsin/Florida State game which was a disaster but still fun. We had a few days there so we picked Tuesday(January 30) to visit the Magic Kingdom. I was very happy to see the park very crowded, it made me pause and say really the economy is doing bad. Really? The sad thing is the group I was with is not the most patient so anything that had more than an hour wait wasn't worth it. I suggested the fast pass a few times but it wasn't worth it to argue and given that I've been there several times I figured I could miss a few things.

We walked down Main Street of course. It's always gives me goosebumps to turn the corner and see the castle. Took a few picutres and then proceeded to Tomorrowland.

First we went over to Stich's Great Escape, we had our friend's son with us so he wanted to see it. Look it's not great but I don't find it to be the abomination many others do. I wouldn't have been disappointed if we missed it.

Next because the waits weren't too bad we did the Pixar duo, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. I love the later it is always great fun.

As for Monster's Inc Laugh Floor I make no apologies I love this attraction. I think it's clever and well thought out. I've seen it twice and our entire group was laughing very loud.

Next we were able to hop on to Space Mountain. For me this is one of the five you have to do at MK if it's your first time visiting. The others being:
    Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion. Anyway it's still great.

Next it was close to lunch time so we ate in Fantasyland. Now the park was crowded at this point and Fantasyland was a little too crowded for all of us. So we headed to the Haunted Mansion. The wait said 50 minutes but the line was moving pretty good. My sister was actually given the red card to keep track of the time. I'll bet we only waited 25 minutes. I have to give Disney credit. They had cast members all over the place directing the lines as compared to another theme park that rhymes with Hooliversal Liland of Deventure.

But I haven't seen the HM since the refurbishment. And I must say it was fantastic. I have a question did Madam Leota's head always float in the air? I loved the audio and the new scenes great job by the Imagineers.

Next we headed to get a fastpass for Big Thunder we decided against Splash Mountain only because it was a little cool out.

After that we headed to Pirates. Again what more needs to be said, I think it's a masterpiece.

We then watched the Christmas Parade. It was very nice and well done.

After that we decided we wanted to relax so we went over to the Contemporary to have a drink at the Wave lounge(?)

After we were done we headed back to the park to ride Big Thunder.

Then we watched Spectro Magic and took pictures of the castle. Did a little shopping on Main Street and headed back to the hotel around 9:00.

So all in all a very fun and magical day at the Magic Kingdom.
    WDW Radio Android App.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    I was very happy to see the park very crowded, it made me pause and say really the economy is doing bad. Really?
    Thanks for sharing the trip report - I'm so glad you had a good time!

I know what you mean about the crowds at Disney and the economy. Crowds have been huge!

I have a friend who is a Cast Member. He made a good point: People visiting now made their plans 6-12 months ago, and in many cases pre-paid for their trip at that time. So they are showing up. In fact, WDW is bringing in record crowds and cash - now.

But the real test will be 6-12 months from now. People aren't makeing their vacation plans today for August...
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.