Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DisneyDreamer13 & EeyoresBuddy trip to DLP in the Vacation Planning forums; I figured it time to start the pre/post trip thread now i can finally say we go to DLP this year !!!!! This trip will involve me, (future) DH, DS1, ...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle

Smile DisneyDreamer13 & EeyoresBuddy trip to DLP

I figured it time to start the pre/post trip thread now i can finally say we go to DLP this year!!!!!

This trip will involve me, (future) DH, DS1, DS2 & (my Mom) EeyoresBuddy (a.k.a Nan).

Both DS's have their birthdays in the first 2 weeks of January, and each year we find so soon after Christmas they dont need more toys/clothes/candy etc, so this trip is their birthday present this year.

The basic plans of the trip are 2 rooms for 3 nights in the Santa Fe hotel (like a value on-site in WDW). We got a great deal when we booked the trip, both kids are getting the whole trip free (park tickets/room/breakfasts), and the adults have got an extra day (park ticket/night/breakfast) free. We have also added the half board option to the trip. We've never used this before but the idea is we each get a 3 course meal voucher for each night we stay, and have 16 restaurants to pick from. Although this might restrict our plans a little, the Pound:Euro exchange rate is making it a very smart move!

Thursday afternoon we'll be waiting for DH to finish work around 12.30, and before he has time to even think about lunch, we'll be on the road heading south to reach the Channel Tunnel mid afternoon. Hopefully we wont have to wait too long to drive onto the train and could be over in France by early evening. Time estimates say its about a 3 hour drive from the tunnel down to DLP, so it will probably be a matter of arriving to check in, grab some food, have a walk around the Disney Village and sleep.

Friday we will be spending in Disneyland Park (their MK), including a character lunch at the Lucky Nugget Saloon (Frontierland).

Saturday is planned to be spent in Walt Disney Studios and followed with an eveing meal in The Rainforest Cafe and some time in the Disney Village.

Sunday will be check out. A last few hours to head wherever we decide, a last meal and then drive back to the Channel Tunnel and back through southern England and home.

Its sure to be cold (really cold, not Florida winter cold), we just hope that the only thing that will fall on us will be Pixie Dust, rain and snow can stay away please!!
    Last edited by DisneyDreamer13; 01-01-2009 at 03:15 PM.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Gosh I want to go!!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

What a fun adventure you have planned! Great birthday presents for the boys! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures when you return!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    For a great sit-down meal with great theming, check out Walt's on main street in DL. We also enjoyed our meal at the Newport Bay Hotel next door to the Sequoia. Awesome fish dinner.
    If you ice skate, they have an outdoor rink by the New York Hotel. Skip the 50's themed restaurant in the New York. It's buffet with very limited selections and cost as much as our great meal at the Newport Bay.
    Dress warm. Bring rain gear.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Your trip sounds well planned. That was a deal, you will all have a great time. Looking forward to the report & pictures.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

EeyoresBuddy is offline 'till "Tomorrow"
    Sounds "Great".....wish I was going! Wait a minute...I AM. Fiona started the pre trip report while I was away for the New Year!! Good to catch up on what I am doing when I get there, glad she is so organised.

x Joan x
    8 Vacations to WDW between 1989 and 2010 & 2 Trips to DLP

Joan, you are going to have to do some serious scrapbooking in 2009!
    A trip with your family to DLP in January,
    then a trip with your family to WDW in the fall sometime!

Now Fiona is getting her excited...thinks I am taking her to WDW again!!! (Wish I could)

x Joan x

I plan on travelling back with you. Santa promised a trip to DLP after our adventure in WDW!

lizdarren41 is offline B-Ticket Holder

DLP visit

We hope you have agreat trip to DLP. We went 2 years ago in March but sailed Hull/Zeebruge and it took us about 4 hours to drive down. Well worth the drive though,we stayed at the Cheyenne....FANTASTIC. The mousketeers loved the covered wagon they could play in at meal times.
    It took a bit of getting use to the weather not been humid when having your photo taken outside with Mickey and the gang but it's still Disney.
    Have a great time and don't forget the sea sickness pills. The channel in January....brave souls.
    UK Disney Maniacs
    1991 off site
    1993 off site
    1995 Port Orleans
    1997 Carribean Beach
    1999 off site
    Had kids
    2003 off site
    2004 off site
    2006 off site
    2009 Port Orleans in October (yipee!!)

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by lizdarren41 View Post
    Have a great time and don't forget the sea sickness pills. The channel in January....brave souls.
    We're going through the tunnel. we are NOT that brave!!
    Us + ferries =
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I am so jealous....um I mean happy for you! Take loads of pics for us! I want to see it all!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBuddy View Post
    Now Fiona is getting her excited...thinks I am taking her to WDW again!!! (Wish I could)
    It's just as well that Fiona won't be able to come with you. It would be sad to be left behind in our dust. I'm expecting to have some serious fun when you come.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    It's just as well that Fiona won't be able to come with you. It would be sad to be left behind in our dust. I'm expecting to have some serious fun when you come.
    Me too!!

x Joan x

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    How did I miss this thread!!

Have a great time yall!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast