Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Nick's Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 2 January 3 2009: Part II Dinner at Ohana So when we got back to Pop we just sat by the bowling pin pool for awhile before we headed ...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Day 2 January 3 2009: Part II Dinner at Ohana

So when we got back to Pop we just sat by the bowling pin pool for awhile before we headed out to dinner.

We took a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then stopped at the Grand Floridian to check out the gingerbread house before walking over to the Polynesian.

Dinner at Ohana was awesome, I had heard mixed reviews about it lately and how it had gotten worse than it was before. This was my first time dining here, so I don't have anything from the past to compare it with, but to me it was outstanding. It is impossible to leave that place hungry. The quality of food was great in my opinion and there were a wide variety of options, plus the service was excellent. Ohana gets 9/10 from me!

We headed back to the Magic Kingdom to get a glimpse of the castle all light up with the dream lights. I have three things I wish I would have done this trip that I didn't do. Getting a good picture of the dream lights is the first thing, I had my flash on but didn't notice until we were already out of the Magic Kingdom and the shots came out not so great. You can only see the lights brightly on the spires since they have a darker background I think, and I didn't have the chance to get a front on shot of it. Oh well, just another reason to go back during the holidays sometime.

We didn't watch Wishes because we decided to wait until during the week when it was less crowded and Wishes started earlier during the week, so we headed back to the room for the night.

Next up: Day 3-DHS and my first ride on Toy Story Midway Mania
    Last edited by nicks10; 01-13-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    All I can say is see the Magic.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

January 4 2009, Day 3 Part I: DHS (Toy Story Mania!)

We got to Disney's Hollywood Studios just before opening and rushed over to Toy Story Mania to get a fastpass right away. The line just to get a fastpass was over 10 minutes first thing at opening.

After getting our FPs for TSM we headed over to Tower of Terror which was almost walk on, maybe a 5 minute wait. We then had some quick breakfast at Starring Rolls before heading over to Echo Lake to ride Star Tours while waiting for our Fastpass return time for Toy Story Mania. We walked by Superstar Television Theater and unfortunately it didn't look like they were doing any previews.

When we were done with Star Tours it still wasn't time for our Fastpasses for Toy Story so we went into One Man's Dream first.

Finally it was time to ride Toy Story Mania.

I thought it was amazing, and is probably up there with some of my favorite attractions now. It definitely adds something new to the Studios and gives it another headliner to lead people away from Sunset Boulevard in the morning. Overall its a great E-ticket attraction in my opinion and is for all ages and skill levels.

We then saw Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage and Lights Motors Action before heading back to the room to relax for awhile and get ready for our ADR at the Coral Reef for dinner.

Up next: Part II of Day 3-A brief tour around Pop Century, Coral Reef, and Illuminations
    -Nick

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome report and great photos!!!! I am dying to go on Toy Story Mania now!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Awesome report and great photos!!!! I am dying to go on Toy Story Mania now!!!!!
    Thanks It really is an amazing attraction, I wasn't sure what to expect but I was really happy with it, and the re-rideability factor plays into it alot, I think I enjoyed it even more my second time on it.
    -Nick

January 4 2009 Day 3 Part II: Dinner at Coral Reef

So we walked around Pop Century a little bit when we got back.

We headed over to Epcot for our dinner ADR at the Coral Reef, we arrived a bit early so we rode the Seas with Nemo and Friends first.

Heres a relatively obscure picture of the lighting in the Coral Reef lobby area:

I thought the Coral Reef was ok, it was a lot louder in there than I thought it would be. The service was just average, not bad but nothing really special. I am not really a fan of fish so I had the chicken breast on spaetzle (sp?) which I thought was pretty good. Obviously the atmosphere in the Coral Reef is great, we saw divers who interacted with everyone multiple times. Overall, I'd say 7/10 for Coral Reef.

We rode Test Track and Gran Fiesta Tour before getting a spot for Illuminations. I don't really have that many good pictures this time because of an obstructed viewing spot, but we got a better spot later in the trip so I'll share those pictures then.

Next up: Day 4-Animal Kingdom and dinner at Boma
    -Nick

I don't think I'll have time to do another report today, I hope to have one up tomorrow, sorry for the delay
    -Nick

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Looks like you had a nice time. Looking forward to the rest of the report.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Glad you enjoyed Ohana, I was mixed about it but I would go back for the Chicken wings alone, they were excellent That picture of the castle at night with the lights is sooooooo beautiful
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Thanks guys, it was a really good time, its fun reliving it through this report also

January 5 2009 Day 4: Animal Kingdom and Boma

We headed over to Animal Kingdom for an extra magic hour morning and started off by grabbing fastpasses for Expedition Everest and then getting in stand by for Kilimanjaro Safaris.

After the safari we headed back over to Everest for our return time, and it was amazing as always. Next we headed over to Dinoland to retrieve an Iguanodon.

On the way over to Camp Minnie Mickey we stopped to grab some breakfast at Safari Coffee on Discovery Island. Next we saw Festival of the Lion King, which was my first time seeing it. It was absolutely great, one of the best live shows at WDW. Then we saw Flights of Wonder, another first for me and I also thought it was an awesome show.

Next we went through the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

We then had some lunch at Flame Tree BBQ while waiting for the next Finding Nemo to start. After lunch we still had some time so I went to ride Everest again in the single rider line. After this it was time to line up for the Musical, it was excellent as always and probably is my favorite stage show in WDW. I didn't really think about it before, but Animal Kingdom almost has as many good stage shows as the Studios in my opinion.

The crowds today were noticeably thinner from what we saw on the weekend, the longest wait I saw was 30 mins for Everest.

We then took a bus over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for our ADR dinner at Boma. We got there a bit early so we sat out by the pool for a bit.

Dinner at Boma was amazing, everything I had heard about and more. The service was excellent as well, perhaps our best server the whole trip. Oh, and the zebra domes were great also 9/10 for Boma, I would definitely go back there sometime.

After dinner we took a bus to Epcot to transfer to a Pop Century bus and then headed back for the night.

Next up: Epcot morning and trying to find a walk in table service dinner
    -Nick

I should have another report up tonight
    -Nick

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oh good, I can't wait! These are so fun to read, and I especially love all the photos!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Oh good, I can't wait! These are so fun to read, and I especially love all the photos!
    Thank you, I'm glad you like it
    -Nick

January 6 2009 Day 5 Part I: A morning at Epcot

So we got to Epcot at 9 just as it opened. I headed to grab fastpasses right away for Soarin' and then we rode Living With the Land.

Next we headed over to the Imagination pavilion to ride JII and see HISTA.

We then headed back to the Land to have some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons before our return time for Soarin'. The stand-by was already up around 70 mins at about noon.

Next we rode Test Track via the single rider line.

We headed into World Showcase next and wandered around before seeing the American Adventure.

Next we headed over the Beach Club just to relax a little bit before heading back to the room.

Next up: Day 5 night-trying to walk into a sit down restaurant
    -Nick

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've never seen the AKL tree, I love it.........a nine pound lemon I love lemon's so that would suit me fine
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast