Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Nick's Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; I gotta get this report going again so I can get it all done sometime this year, hopefully I have another update up tomorrow....
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I gotta get this report going again so I can get it all done sometime this year, hopefully I have another update up tomorrow.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ooo...yay! I like reading your reports...you have a lot of nice pictures! that lemon...wow. I HAVE to see that when i go in May. Keep it up!!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

January 6 2009 Day 5 Part II: Wishes

So we didn't have an ADR this night and were going to try our luck at walking into a sit down in the Magic Kingdom. We were gonna try the Plaza or Tony's when we got to the Magic Kingdom.

So luckily Tony's had tables available and we had to wait a total of 3 minutes. The meal was alright, but I felt the server rushed us a bit. Maybe this is why there were so many tables available if they turn all tables over that fast. It was a decent dinner and not bad for a last moment decision. It's strange to decide where to eat in about 180 seconds when all your other decisions happened in 180 days.

So after dinner we headed over to Tomorrowland to ride the TTA and see the Carousel of Progress before it was time for Wishes.

We got a pretty good spot on Main Street and waited for Wishes to begin.

Next up: Day 6-A day to relax, do laundry, and an ADR at the Wave!
    -Nick

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Just got caught up. More great pics!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Nick those were some nice pics again. Thanks
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Thanks guys, clad you're enjoying it.

January 7 2009 Day 6- ADR at the Wave

Today was the least eventful day, so I'm not sure I'll have that many pictures to share.

In the morning we just hung around Pop Century, did some laundry, and then grabbed some lunch at Everything Pop.

Before heading over to the Contemporary for our dinner ADR we decided to check out the Boardwalk Resort because it was the only Deluxe resort that we hadn't been in yet to look around.

We took the bus to Epcot and then walked over to the Boardwalk.

After we looked around in the lobby of the Boardwalk we headed back to Epcot and took the monorail over to the TTC and then to the Contemporary.

We got to the Contemporary a bit early so we checked out some of the shops and looked at their pool area.

We got to the Wave early for our reservation so we sat in their lounge area for awhile, which was really nice and I'm regretting not taking picture of it now.

Dinner was really good, the service was amazing, the food was excellent other than my filet being a bit overdone but not a huge deal at all. I couldn't believe how dead it was in there even closer to 7 pm. I think there were only about 8 tables seated when we left at about 7. The atmosphere was wonderful and the overall feel of the restaurant was great. I give the Wave 8/10!

We walked over to the Magic Kingdom and then took the bus back to Pop Century.

Next up: Day 7- A return trip to Animal Kingdom and an attempt to see Fantasmic
    -Nick

i LOVE your pictures!
    ~Lisa~

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great photos, Nick!!! The ones of Wishes are so awesome!!!

Thanks guys, a lot of them came out blurry unfortunately, but I think I got a few good ones at least.
    -Nick

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Awesome report! I loved the Wishes pictures too, can't wait to see the rest!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Great trip report! I love the pictures!
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Thanks, I'm glad people are enjoying it, it's almost coming to an end

January 8 2009 Day 7-Animal Kingdom and Fantasmic?

To start off the day we headed over to the Animal Kingdom again to do some of our favorites again. We got Fastpasses for Everest right away and then went over to Africa to go on anther Safari.

Kilimanjaro really is different every time you go on it, I think the second experience provided a different look at some animals we had seen previously and new shots of ones that we hadn't seen before.

After Kilimanjaro Safaris we had some breakfast at Kusafiri Coffee. We then headed back to Everest for our return time.

After Everest we went on Kali River Rapids, and I'm still not sure why Of course we got the bottom seats on the drop and got completely soaked, oh and it was probably the coldest day of our trip.

We decided to head back to Pop after doing some quick shopping on the way out.

After going back to the room we decided to go over to the Studios for awhile, then head over to the Boardwalk to find something to eat for dinner, then eventually head back to the Studios in an attempt to see Fantasmic! Since it was only playing two nights during the week, this would be our last chance to see it.

We took a bus over to the Studios and saw the Magic of Disney Animation and then did the Animation Academy after. We were drawing an early version of Goofy with a straw hat on.

We then took a Friendship boat over to the Boardwalk and ended up at Spoodles. I had heard about how great Spoodles was before, but I found it just to be alright. I'm not that adventurous of an eater so I got the steak kebabs, which is why I probably thought it was just ok. The service was great though so I'll give Spoodles a 6.5/10.

We then headed back over the Studios to try our hand at Fantasmic!

So we got to the park entrance at about 6:30 and Fantasmic! was starting at 7:00. The security guards checking bags were informing people that Fantasmic! was already full and not seating anymore. I know we weren't there extremely early, but I thought half an hour would have been sufficient especially considering it was January and the crowds really hadn't been that bad. I noticed that on other nights in the Studios it was almost dead, but on this night it was completely packed. If having Fantasmic! two times a week can do this in January, I can't imagine what it will do in peak times of the year!

So anyway we headed back to the room and called it a night.

Next up: Day 8- Studios and a dinner ADR at Le Cellier!
    -Nick

oh, that stinks about Fantasmick!....I still have yet to see it myself.
    ~Lisa~

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love reading your reports! I'm sorry you missed Fantasmic! That is soo frustrating! I have never seen it either.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Nick, we didn't get wet on Everst so we must have been in the middle. Didn't realize people got wet. I here for Fantasmic you have to arrive very early. We got into line at 5:30 & it was already way to long. We left, maybe next trip.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast