Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Nick's Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by zeusywoo Nick, we didn't get wet on Everst so we must have been in the middle. Didn't realize people got wet. I here for Fantasmic you have ...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Nick, we didn't get wet on Everst so we must have been in the middle. Didn't realize people got wet. I here for Fantasmic you have to arrive very early. We got into line at 5:30 & it was already way to long. We left, maybe next trip.
    It was on Kali River Rapids that we got soaked, not Everest.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    More great TR and pics.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    More great TR and pics.
    Thanks
    -Nick

Falling behind again, should have another day up tomorrow sometime.
    -Nick

January 9 2009 Day 8- Studios, Le Cellier, Illuminations

We were going to the Studios this morning, and started off by getting fastpasses for Toy Story Mania right away. This area of the park was completely swamped every day even though the crowds throughout the rest of the Studios weren't bad at all. Fastpasses for TSM were gone by noon everyday that we were there.

While waiting for our return time we headed down Sunset Boulevard and rode Rock n Roller Coaster and then Tower.

Next we had breakfast at Starring Rolls again, and then returned to Toy Story Mania for our return time.

I wish that we could have went through the stand by line one time but unfortunately we didn't get a chance to, so we didn't see Mr Potato Head.

Next we headed over to see Indy and then had some lunch at Backlot Express.

We saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid and then headed back to the room to get ready for our ADR at Le Cellier.

So when we got to our room on the first day they had a little dog towel animal in our window. Throughout the trip I had moved him and when we got back to our room everyday we found him in a new spot. This was the best place though:

He was apparently watching TV, probably the Top Seven Must Sees!

We got to Epcot a little bit early so we saw O Canada! before our reservation at Le Cellier.

The dinner was amazing, if you've eaten at Le Cellier then you know what I mean. Service was perfect as well. An easy 10/10 for Le Cellier!

Heres a picture of the Chocolate "Moose"

We saw Illuminations for the last time of the trip.

Next up: Day 9-Our last full day at WDW
    -Nick

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Awesome pictures Nick. The Chocolate Mousse looks great......
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    lookin good!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    That chocolate mousse is sooo cute! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I should have it wrapped up tomorrow sometime.
    -Nick

January 10, 2009 Day 9- Final full day and my birthday!

So today was our last full day in the parks since I had an early flight back the next morning. It was also my birthday!

We went to the Magic Kingdom and it took about 50 minutes to get there from Pop Century. It was the half marathon day and we were sitting in stopped buses just north of the Magic Kingdom toll plaza for around 35 minutes. Oh well, we still got to the gate right around 9 am and I picked up my $75 merchandise card at will call. We started off in Fantasyland to hit a bunch of things we hadn't had a chance to yet.

We did Peter Pan's Flight, then Snow White and Winnie the Pooh.

We then headed over to Tomorrowland and I got a fastpass for Space Mountain, so I could get one more ride before its major refurb! We rode Buzz and then saw Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

I then returned for my last ride on the original version of Space Mountain (it was on the alpha side), the first attraction I ever went on at WDW! I know I'll miss this original version but I'm hoping the refurb makes it even better.

Next we headed over to Frontierland and got fastpasses for BTMRR before eating lunch at Pecos Bill's of course. It seemed like there were a lot more touch screens there, in front of every line about! It was really convenient and I would like to see it implemented in more counter service locations, providing it isn't making anyone lose their job!

We then rode Pirates while waiting for our return time to BTMRR.

Splash was officially down and out!

We returned to Big Thunder.

Next we headed over to the Haunted Mansion and then Mickey's Philharmagic, and grabbed a Dole Whip on the way out.

There were a number of things I either didn't get the chance to do this trip or forgot to do. It wasn't until I was on the plane home the next day listening to the show that I realized the WDW Radio Show meet of the month was actually this day! I would have really loved to meet up with some of you and I'm actually surprised I didn't see anyone around the park. Oh well, it just gives me another excuse to go back! I would have loved to see PUSH interacting with Lou live!

We headed back to the room for a little while and then took a bus back to the Magic Kingdom and a boat over to the Grand Floridian for our ADR at Narcoossee's!

Here are some shots of Bay Lake Tower from across the Seven Seas Lagoon. It's looking like an actually building and if you look closely you can see the scaffolding is actually down on the northern side!

We then waited a little while for our reservation time.

Narcoossee's was excellent! I was a bit nervous since I'm not a big fan of fish, but the filet was amazing. It probably was the best I've ever had! Hands down 10/10 for Narcoossee's! If you are looking for a 2 credit restaurant on the dining plan I would easily recommend it or the California Grill.

We headed back to the Magic Kingdom via monorail to see Wishes one last time.

I got up early the next day and we took the Magical Express to MCO. I got on a flight back to warm, exotic Chicago and my grandparents rented a car and went down to areas of southern Florida for an extended vacation.

It was an amazing trip and I can't thank them enough for it. This was the second trip the three of us went on together after going with the whole family the first time. It was excellent and I can't wait to go back, I'm also sad to see this report come to an end. Hope you all enjoyed it!

-Nick

amywhite11 is offline A-Ticket holder
    What a great trip report. Your pictures are beautiful and I'm glad you included a pic of yourself and your grandparents at the end.

Thanks

Glad you enjoyed it.
    -Nick

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    Fabulous report nicks10! Loved every minute of it!
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

Thanks!
    -Nick

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    aw, im sad its over! i enjoyed your report a lot. I have to tell you though that your picture of the Pinnochio statue is ADORABLE! where is that in the Magic Kingdom?..i want to find it when i go down in May. Also, Splash Mountain looks so strange without water!
    Thanks for posting your report!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast