Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Daves Trip Jan 2009 in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok so i went to WDW from Jan 2nd to Jan 9th. Me and my fiance stayed at the All Star Sports resort! Aside from enjoying the parks, we enjoyed ...
    thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

Daves Trip Jan 2009

Ok so i went to WDW from Jan 2nd to Jan 9th. Me and my fiance stayed at the All Star Sports resort! Aside from enjoying the parks, we enjoyed fine dining at The Hoop De Doo Revue, The Garden Grill and Yak and Yeti.

We were also among the first to wear the New "just engaged" pins during our stay! It was nice hearing the congrats and all the nice smiles made it very fun. At Garden Grill Mickey even signed our autograph book with a Congratulations.

At Hoop de Doo the singer slammed the bucket of chicken down in front of DF that a chicken breast actually came flying out of the bucket. And then i embarassed her by telling six bits that we are engaged lol.

At Garden Grill our server sang the menu to us and made alot of corny jokes. The food was excellent and the characters and atmosphere was wonderful! And the rotation was working.

I dont have any pictures because i left my camera behind and hers broke on Thunder Mountain.....but we will be back in april so i will definitely be taking my camera along with!

If anyone else has any questions feel free to ask?
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

Also this is my first crack at a trip report....
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    See- that was fairly painless! Good job.

I love the Hoop Dee Doo. We always have a good time there. And we enjoy the Garden Grill.

So how did the camera get broken?

The camera got broken when it came out of its bag and fell on the floor of the car. Its a Kodak Camera with no eye thing to look through, and the LCD screen broke. She has another one at her place in Indiana so she will have hers and im bringing mine in April.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post

We were also among the first to wear the New "just engaged" pins during our stay! It was nice hearing the congrats and all the nice smiles made it very fun. At Garden Grill Mickey even signed our autograph book with a Congratulations.
    That's nice to hear. They didn't have those last month.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Camera? Keep a spare. Get one of those cheap disposable cameras with a flash and stuff it in a pocket of your bag. If your primary camera's rechargeable battery dies or for any reason you can't use it, you have a backup ready to go. It's also good to break out for "action" shots on an attraction when you don't want to use your primary camera. Never miss an opportunity for photos. Sure you know what you look like now and what you saw, but in 10 years, today's photos will be treasures.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Good job Dave!

I love the chicken at Hoop Dee Doo. I miss the strawberry shortcake.
    It sounds like you had a great time and the choice of Garden Grill was a great one!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    You know though, we are letting you get away with no photos on this trip report, but we EXPECT photos for the next one!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Good job Dave! I like writing TRs it helps me relive the memories.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    The only buttons I saw were Just Married buttons that had Married crossed out and Engaged written in a sharpie. So I guess those were just until they got the new ones? What do they look like?

There were a few pictures taken while we were messing around with the broken camera that DF said werent bad, so ill try and get those up as soon as i can once i have them.

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    The only buttons I saw were Just Married buttons that had Married crossed out and Engaged written in a sharpie. So I guess those were just until they got the new ones? What do they look like?
    yeah pretty sure that was custom

Yeah the new ones are pink, and dont have characters on them but have the top hat and bride mickey ears on them.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That was good reporting Dave! Congrats on the engagement!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Congrats! now make sure that all items are safely stowed before the ride begins. So when in April are you going? Have a great time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast