Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disneydarling's 2009 Trip Reports Thread! in the Vacation Planning forums; The Final Installment! It was crazy nice to be able to sleep in past 5am. I love that about hotels, you can crank the A/C down, pull the curtains tight, ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    The Final Installment!

It was crazy nice to be able to sleep in past 5am. I love that about hotels, you can crank the A/C down, pull the curtains tight, and let the world disappear.

After checking out Jenna and I headed over to DTD for lunch. We stopped first at Basin to sample their sugar hand scrub…..I love this stuff and am going to try and make my own. Lunch was at Wolfgang Puck Express and it was out of this world!!! I had the Chinois Chicken Salad and a side of garlic mashed taters. Jenna had a veggie and goat cheese pizza. Everything was melt in your mouth delicious and I plan to go back again and again. If anyone has failed to try this counter service gem plan to try it at your next visit!

Shane called while we were at lunch and decided that I was more exciting than dirty laundry and worth putting off said laundry to spend the day with (I had to pick up my mom at MCO at 7:30 and planned to just hang out until then). Jenna and I made My Little Ponies at the toystore while we waited for him and we all went back to Basin for one more hand scrub before Jenna had to leave to attend her own laundry (we all see where I rate in her book).

I was seized by a sudden fit of inspiration. “Shane”, I said, “Lets go to the Poly and rent SeaRacers!.” He agreed (he is the agreeable type) and it was off to the Poly with both of us. The man at the Marina gave us a strange look when we said we wanted SeaRacers. “Just one?” he asked. “Yes, just one”, I replied curtly. We shimmied into our lifejackets and settled into our boat for an adventure on the open seas…um…man made lake. Shane is a bigger guy; 6’1 and I’m guessing 250. Meanwhile I am no waif myself. The SeaRacer was literally coughing under our combined weight, reaching a top cruising speed of 5mph. We thought it was hilarious. At least we argued, if we sink, we will be buoyant, unlike all these skinny minnies in their zippy little fast boats!

We putt-putt-puttered over to Bay Lake and checked out the beaches of the Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness. What is left of River Country lies in shambles between these two resorts. It is very strange that Disney has let it get to such a state of disrepair without hiding it from the public eye. We turned the boat around to head back to the poly and were met with a gust of frigid air and a wall of water. The lake was choppy to start which wasn’t a problem until we started heading in to the wind. We got totally and completely soaked head to toe. I now fully understood what the boat rental clerks funny look was “You two fluffy bottoms want to take this teeny tiny boat into rough water in January?”. There is a fool born every minute.

On the upside we both agreed that our growing discomfort was at least funny and something that we would surely giggle about for years to come.

I had a change of clothes in the car and scurried out to find them while Shane shopped for a new outfit in the Poly gift shop (yes, we were that wet). I decided that I couldn’t stand the idea of walking back to the bathroom all wet and would change in my car. Just as I had my wet jeans worked down to about ankle level the monorail passed over head. And that ladies and gentlemen, was their first glance of the backside of water!

Neither of us had ever been to the Wilderness Lodge before so we drove that away for some sightseeing on land. Oh my goodness it is gorgeous!!! Who wants to pay for me to stay there? Come on, don’t all jump in at once! We got some adult beverages at the pool bar, Shane had a blue moon and I had an orange dream (that was a little too much dream and not quite enough orange in my opinion…I was tipsy half way through). We meandered around the property for a while before deciding to catch the water taxi over to Ft. Wilderness.

I change my mind, Ft. Wilderness is now my favorite Disney resort! We went over to the Circle D and made nice with a cast member. She brought out some of the feed tags for me to look at after I told her that Shane and I both had degrees in Animal Nutrition and we chatted about working around horses at Disney. Their barn is immaculate. Who wants to buy me the barn? Cricket cricket cricket.

We got an order of Nacho’s to share and played on the swings while we waited for them to come up. Playing on the swings quickly turned in to swing wars where upon we tried to use our legs and hips to bump the other person either off their swing or into a support bar. I have the bruises to prove Shane’s victory. After eating our Nacho’s on the beach we decided to try and find the cabins but gave up after realizing that the cabains were awful far away and we were lazy and full of nachos. There are a lot of RV’s there! And some of them look like they are there for the duration. Does anyone know if people can come for a whole season to stay?

Our night was coming to a close to we made our way back to the dock to wait on a boat. The sun was setting over to the west and the sky was a brilliant shade of orangy-pinky-purple. After we boarded and the captain announced that our next stop was tthe contemporary Shane turned to him and said “How many stops till Pop Century”. With Jenna gone for the day we had to find someone to tease!

All in all it was the perfect end to a perfect weekend. I enjoyed my day of non-park Disney fun just as much as I did the parks day and plan to return asap with my pop tent for a stay at Ft. Wilderness.

Thank you all for all the sweet birthday wishes! I hope you can all join me next time around!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I am please to read that there were no unfortunate incidents with flying creatures.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

I don't know how to multi quote so I am just gonna try and respond all at once

Kerry- jenna is actually about 5'4 with waist length white-blond ringlets. But personality wise you could be twins!

I did want to canoodle but I was too scared. Plus maybe he was going to put me in a tub of ice and steal my liver. Or he just happened to be going to the hilton too and I am just reading way too deep into it

Caro- I love you too! Still working on le libre. Will send more soon! And indy wasn't closed closed it was just full

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    If I get to go on your next birthday trip to WDW, I just want to say that I don't think I want to play bumper swings! You can spin me in a teacup instead. And no more breaking the Disney okay? Still hilarious to me that Jenna didn't realize you switched sides at Epcot.

EeyoresBuddy is offline 'till "Tomorrow"
    What a great "Birthday Weekend." Brilliant TR! I can almost imagine being there. x

x Joan x
    8 Vacations to WDW between 1989 and 2010 & 2 Trips to DLP

Thanks!

I have to admit, as I was listening to someone reading your trip report to me (swoon), I was seriously struck at how alike Jenna and I probably are! He kept saying no, you aren't like that.
    If C and Jake had switched sides on me in Epcot I can honestly tell you I'm not sure I would have noticed for a while!!!! Wait a minute...
    And the Small World thing? I would have had a weird case of deja vu, but you could totally do that to me and get away with it!

Why is there a giant blue guy in your trip report?
    Thank goodness I couldn't see that from my work computer!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    I have to admit, as I was listening to someone reading your trip report to me (swoon), I was seriously struck at how alike Jenna and I probably are! He kept saying no, you aren't like that.
    If C and Jake had switched sides on me in Epcot I can honestly tell you I'm not sure I would have noticed for a while!!!! Wait a minute...
    And the Small World thing? I would have had a weird case of deja vu, but you could totally do that to me and get away with it!
    Hee hee! The thought did cross my mind, "would she have noticed?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Why is there a giant blue guy in your trip report?
    Thank goodness I couldn't see that from my work computer!
    He's in a sig, not part of the report. No photos for this report, Meg?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Hee hee! The thought did cross my mind, "would she have noticed?"
    Phew! I was totally waiting for you to admit you did that and didn't tell me!
    Although you know when we go later this year I am going to keep my eye on you!!!

I think she told me her camera broke at some point so she took a few on her phone.
    She sent me a photo of a wedding dress she found on Main Street.
    I should see about slurping it out of my phone!

Yeah. I took a few on my phone and sent them to kerry and caroline and posted them on my facebook. Have no idea how to get them from there to here. If ya'll do please have at it!

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    It sounds like an amazing time was had by all of you, of course now if i ever go to WDW with you i will live in fear of you switching directions/changing tables!!!! (i'll stay with kerry, we can get lost without any help i think!)
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

deep-ish thoughts

1) It is always a good idea to bring along someone more gullible than yourself for the purposes of hilarity.

2) If you cannot use the following adjectives to describe yourself you should never ride double in a searaycer; waifish, emaciated, tiny, petite

3) Make it a point to stay to closing during 2am EMH's at MK unless I am also there in which case you should kindly return to your hotel so I may have the park to myself!

4) Every once in a while, if you wish really hard, the universe listens

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast