Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss I have a favor to ask in the Vacation Planning forums; I have a favor to ask of you my fellow Mongelonians or are we Mongelloites? I am writing a book about myself..yes I am that self absorbed well the book ...
    wdwfan1313 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I have a favor to ask

I have a favor to ask of you my fellow Mongelonians or are we Mongelloites? I am writing a book about myself..yes I am that self absorbed well the book is really about my daughter told through my voice so maybe I'm not. While a lot the book is true there are without question some artistic liberties taken. This is were you come in. I want to tell a bit about her 1st trip to WDW but I need some inspiration from a comedic standpoint. Other than the fact that the first time she set foot in MK she was in her PJs because her parents are idiots nothing else happened. Well a lot else happened but I'm looking for things that went wrong with you and kids on your trips but had in the end a classic Disney magic resolution.

So tell me your stories. I cannot offer any reward except for my gratitude which is currently worth more than most stocks. I will however to my best to credit you and if and when the book is ever published I will do all that I can to contact you and get you a free signed copy.

Even without my book I think it'sbe fun to discuss.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have a pretty good story. While I was working at Disney, it's a small world was closed for referb, and one day while walking the streets (I was a custodian) I noticed a line formed at the backstage entrance that is at the bottom of the hill between small world and the old skyway building. There were about 100 people in this line and the last person turned to me and asked, "What's this line for?" Having no idea I pointed out, I honestly don't know. So I headed down to the first person in line and asked what they were waiting for and they said, small world. I pointed out that it was closed to which they said, "It's ok, I'll wait. Will it just be an hour or so?" I had to point out that it was more like 7 months. I then had to walk through and tell each group that if they want to ride small world they should return in 7-8 months.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by envypeterpan View Post
    I have a pretty good story. While I was working at Disney, it's a small world was closed for referb, and one day while walking the streets (I was a custodian) I noticed a line formed at the backstage entrance that is at the bottom of the hill between small world and the old skyway building. There were about 100 people in this line and the last person turned to me and asked, "What's this line for?" Having no idea I pointed out, I honestly don't know. So I headed down to the first person in line and asked what they were waiting for and they said, small world. I pointed out that it was closed to which they said, "It's ok, I'll wait. Will it just be an hour or so?" I had to point out that it was more like 7 months. I then had to walk through and tell each group that if they want to ride small world they should return in 7-8 months.
    now that's what i'd call true determination...or follow the crowd 'cause it must be something good for which they are all waiting
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    What gets me is that the line formed between IASW and the old Skyway! That is a good story. Ever just gone somewhere as a group and looked up and pointed at nothing in particular? It is amazing how many folks will stop and try to see what you are all looking at.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    My son was just about to turn 3 at the end of June (90). He was the biggest fan of Winnie the Pooh and friends. He was on his first solo trip to
    Walt Disney World without Mom & Dad. Grandma and Papa had secured seats right up against the ropes to see the afternoon parade. When Winnie's group was approaching apparently the boy was excited beyond belief. When Winnie was even with them my son bolted under the rope, ran up to Winnie who didn't see him coming and wrapped his arms around Winnie's leg, luckily Winnie didn't fall but reported came very close. Parade security came flying to Pooh's rescue, pried my son from his leg and redeposited him to his Grandma and Grandpa who were laughing very hard, unlike security.

Note: This is a favorite family story. Countless people video parades at Disney each day. Should anyone have video of my son's parade de vue let me know. At 3 he had bright blond, longish hair, large blue eyes and looked much like a precious moments doll. Trip in June of 1990.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    On my first trip to WDW I was obsessed with 2 things:

Seeing Chip & Dale and finding Captain Hook. We are talking 1976 so it wasn't like there were scads of characters running around.

First of all, I was 100% sure that the plane was going to land in the Magic Kingdom. You could not convince me otherwise. I was also sure that these 3 characters were going to be the first things I saw in the door. My family thought I was going to be disappointed, but always trust the hopes of a child. The first things we saw as we came through the tunnels were Chip and Dale right there on Main Street. I loved Chip so much and I was just so excited. My mother later wrote an article to Disney Magazine about my "Chip story" that didn't end there. I actually wound up marrying a "Chip!" Disney Magazine published the story with pictures from my first trip with Chip and a photo of my 2 Chips together.

Captain Hook, however, was a bit evasive on my first trip. I sometimes saw him in parades but I was determined to meet him. Don't ask me why. At the end of our trip, so I am told, I saw him walking over the bridge from Adventureland, past the Crystal Palace, toward Main Street. My memory of this is crystal clear. It seemed like there was no one else in the park. My mom says it really was quite empty so I could really keep my eye on him as I tried to catch up. All of a sudden this child who was dead set on meeting Captain Hook started to get a little shy. I guess I started having second thoughts. Well, it was too late. I had been following him from Adventureland to Casey's. I don't know if he knew I was following him, but just as I gathered the courage to approach him he slammed (and I mean slammed) his hook into the door of a trash can just outside of Casey's. I suppose he was just acting like a villain because when he heard me shriek he turned and gave me a sinister little wave. I was only 4 but I remember it VIVIDLY. Nowadays I don't think you would see Captain Hook on Main Street without a parade.

That story is much more interesting in my memory. Wow!

Anyway, there is a thread here about most embarrassing moments at WDW. I posted a doosie of a story there about my aunt, a dwarf, and a parade incident. Here is a link to my post, as well as the rest of the thread. You can find some good stuff there.

Here is my post on that thread

Here is the link to the entire thread

Good luck with the book. I hope inspiration visits you often and success follows!