Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My trip basically alone... in the Vacation Planning forums; When I lost my job, I kind of got into a funk and my parents started to worry about me. My dad told me that his job was sending him ...
    tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder

My trip basically alone...

When I lost my job, I kind of got into a funk and my parents started to worry about me. My dad told me that his job was sending him to Disney in October and I jumped at the chance. ALthough I knew I would basically be alone the whole time, I thought I could take some time to really work on my photography skills.

I was really looking forward to it, and I had a great time. I spent three days taking pictures of MK, DHS, and Epcot. It was the first time I had seen the park during the fall and I was so happy. I am reluctant to process the film, b/c I want to remember that trip as happy. I think there is something to going by yourself just once, if you can. I also noticed that more Cast Members said hello to me alone than when I was with my family, so I never really felt alone...

I wish I could do it every now and then.
    If you can Dream it, the you can do it!

My only hope is that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse

Disney 2009 Part Two: 3 months 15 days.... Cannot wait!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I tend to agree with you. Doing a solo trip can be a lot of fun. In fact, given a choice between trying to herd a group of 7 or more through a park, and going alone, I'd rather go alone.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I enjoyed my few days at the parks by myself, it was nice to do what I wanted to do and not worry about slowing down to wait for someone. I got to take plenty of pictures and do some things I have never done before!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View