Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Celebrate a Dream Come True parade in the Vacation Planning forums; Today was the opening day of the brand new day parade, Celebrate a Dream Come True. I managed to see it today, and it was quite the parade. I definitely ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Red face Celebrate a Dream Come True parade

Today was the opening day of the brand new day parade, Celebrate a Dream Come True. I managed to see it today, and it was quite the parade. I definitely liked the music better because it had a variety and as each parade float went by, songs were played based on that parade float. Mickey's float had a major overlay done to go with the theming of Celebrate Everyday. The castle float, which always is at the tail end of the parade also had some new overlays. And for once, Mickey and Minnie are together on Mickey's float. Mickey & Minnie, and the other classic characters (excluding princesses, pirate, Pooh, etc.) all have brand new party-themed costumes. I don't want to ruin it for people, so if you really want to know what the parade is like, let me know and/or private message me. I definitely liked the music better, because it's not repeating the same verses over and over like the Dreams Come True parade. All the floats are the same, except for the new overlays for the Mickey & Castle float, but the movers (the dancers to y'all) have brand new party costumes, which I like. The parade makes 3 stops: Frontierland all the way up to Liberty Square is the first stop, the second one is from the exiting of Liberty Square, around the Hub and maybe a 1/3 way up Main Street, and the final stop is from Main Street to around the Main Street Train station. I do have pictures, but again, I don't want to ruin it for those of y'all who plan on coming down. The parade is still at 3 PM, but will take a little bit longer because of the stops. So if you wanna see the parade and get back to doing whatever, my suggestion is to see the first stop in Frontierland. Anyway, hope that helps (I did like the parade, although it disappoints me to not have characters walking around; they're all on the floats now, but they did add a couple of characters that were not in the other parades)!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    What are the show stops like? Do they involve audience participation in any way? Do they invite guests to come out into the streets and dance with them like they do in Block Party Bash and did in the previous MK parades (Remember the Magic/Magical Moments, Share a Dream Come True, etc.)?
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

willful is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I really liked the Dreams Come True parade. It was a fun and energetic parade. But I'm excited to see this new parade. I just hope Celebrate... does it's stops better than Block Party Bash at the Studios. It's a disappointment if you're not in the right location.

Sarah, thanks for the update and tips! I too like the parades where characters are off the floats and walking around.
    - Will
    The Magic Never Ends Podcast

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

NEXT TRIP: DPN Westfest 2009 April 30 - May 4 at Disneyland!

See What We're Doing at www.twitter.com/magicneverends
    Watch our shenanigans at www.youtube.com/WillMNE

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Thanks for posting! I can't wait to see pics or vids on the internet soon!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    thanks a bunch for posting! Ill have to remember for when i go down in May!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The parade stop is not like Block Party Bash's stops. It's just a dance stop for the dancers to do a little dance number for the audience. The street party will involve audience participation. This is more just a parade. The street party will be like the BPB with audience participation. The music is very upbeat and catchy. It was cool to watch, and for someone who works in entertainment as well, I was in full support of all the performers in the parade. More of the characters do talk this time around, and not just wave. But I will post a link for the photos via my Facebook page (and no, you don't have to have a Facebook account to view them). Here they are:

Sarah Barfoot's Photos - Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade | Facebook

In response to everyone's responses, here is a video link of the new parade (if you wanna wait until you come to see it yourself, don't watch this video; it comes in two parts):

YouTube - Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade OPENING DAY 1/23/2009 PART ONE
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We were there on the first day they ran it too and saw it from Frontierland. I really liked it. Fun and energetic and great music!

Since we don't go that often its fun to finally be there on the first day something is out instead of having to hear about it.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Got to see the new main float in a Keys to the Kingdom tour on 1/21. Very nice pastel type colors and springy swirly things on the front. Also got to see many other floats up close in the warehouse. Asked if all floats still had a tribute to Walt which seemed to throw my guide. She didn't mention one on the new float.
    -Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

Big Wallaby is offline A-Ticket holder
    I concur, it's a great new parade. Great energy, it's very upbeat. I always thought the YOMD Dreams Come True was slow in style, just didn't quite have the happiness I expect from a Disney parade. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad... this is just a really big improvement. I'm watching it for details on YouTube, and the energy even plays well on that. If it does that well on a five-inch screen, you can only imagine what it's like live. Those of you who don't live in the area, make sure you make it here for this parade.

When they first announced the What Will You Celebrate promotion, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical, and even more so when I went to the Town Hall and training classes for it. However, as I see the new programs rolled out, they are doing it the right way. As I see all the new decoration, styling, and the way they are rolling it out, I am becoming less and less skeptical. As a Cast Member, it actually takes away some restriction I had in the way I did my job for AYOMD.

Now, if they would just change the spiels on the monorails from YOMD to WWYS...
    Last edited by Big Wallaby; 01-31-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like the parade music, but I think they need to change the dancers up a bit for each float, and need to celebrate-ize the other floats like the first mickey and minnie one.

100th post!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!