Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Upcoming Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; So I have been AWOL from Disney for a long time now and am having pretty bad withdrawal. I havent been since 06/2008. For the 5 years prior to that, ...
    mad hatter 13 is offline A-Ticket holder

Upcoming Trip

So I have been AWOL from Disney for a long time now and am having pretty bad withdrawal. I havent been since 06/2008. For the 5 years prior to that, I had been going every month, and sometimes more than that. I made the decision to move back up to MA to start a new job, and sure enough as soon as I moved positions opened in the Orlando area. Now its finally time for me and my DGF to take a trip back down in 12 days and counting! I cant even begin to describe how excited I am. And Im sure most of you know, its hard to pin down one thing to be excited for! Im doing the dining plan this time because when I was living down there we had the dining experience and went that route,, so that should be interesting. Oh well, I just thought Id share my excitement with some people who would understand! Hopefully this will start the process for me to move back down to FL. Sure do miss it....

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    awww...sorry to hear that you miss FL so much! But im excited for you to be going in a mere 12 days!!!! Have tons of fun!!!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well tell us more so we can enjoy your vacation with you. Where are you staying and dining? How long do you get to stay in your native FL?

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes! Give lots of details! I can't get back down any time soon, so I live to read these posts! Have a wonderful time!! Eat a Mickey ice cream for me!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

mad hatter 13 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Soooooo I work out of my house, so Im taking friday and the following monday off from work. We fly down thursday nite and get in about 11 and we leave on monday at about 8. were taking the magical express for the first time and well be staying at Port Orleans Riverside (although the pool is closed for refurb right now but its ok cause its one of my favorite resorts). Were doing the Dining Plan for the first time, cause while we lived in FL, we had the Dining Experience because we made so many day trips. We have reservations at Boatwrights (breakfast and a dinner), Le Cellier (dinner i believe), Kona Cafe (lunch), and The Wave (lunch). I think other than that, we are just going to wing it. Those are our table services for the trip at least. 4 day trip, but we sure know how to pack it in. Weve been known to hit all 4 parks in one day and still make it back to where we lived in one piece
    We lived down there for the better part of 5 years, and made the move back to MA where both of our families live, but I sense that we are going to end up back there because of a lot of reasons. Hopefully someday in the not too distant future. Ill keep you all posted on any new info! Thanks for sharing in the excitement!
    PS...We signed up for the dining plan last nite! Getting close!!!
    Last edited by mad hatter 13; 01-26-2009 at 10:31 AM.